It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ZOINKS! My Five Y/O Son Is Gay!! Ruh Roh....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

You've missed my point entirely.

I am not trying to flame or attack anyone here. I realize the thread and most all of the subsequent posts are meant to be in the boys defence. BUT...

People seem to forget that although this is 'just ATS' or 'Just the internet', does not mean that we are free of all responsibility. By 'spreading' the story, his picture and the family's names/personal information, it is adding to the exposure and damage to the boy. By doing this, you are actually helping the mom to hurt her child.

Sure..this thread is just one very, very small piece of the over-all picture, but it is still a piece. If we all took responsbility for our actions, then this whole situation that the mom seemed to intentionally create, would have never happenend.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

very very lame and sad. She is trying to vindicate herself is what it sounds like to me. Uncool.

Not that I agree with the other ladies making a todo about the kids costume, but the fact the mom is trying to cash in on it is unsettling.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well at least she only sacrificed him to the media gods, instead of actually killing her child for interrupting her ever so important session of Farmville.

We all know the kid really wanted to go as Spongebob Squarepants to make a real statement against the fascist mainstream!

edit on 7-11-2010 by Lysergic because: squarepants is one word gahah.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

If the picture had not already been viral, maybe I would have linked to it.

But no I dont feel bad reposting stories already on the net, and offering my opinion.

I would not have known about it had it not already been too late to contain, ie already gone national. If CNN has it, you are officially public fodder, for better or for worse.

I see a mom being made into a hero for doing this to her child and bringing such negative attention to him in the process. Calling him a tranny? And blasting My Son Is Gay from the rooftops? That disturbs me.

Gay and lesbians are already latching onto the kid as a jump off to bray about their causes.

Thanks MOM.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
ole mom, needs to be smacked upside the head.

and downside the head after that.

god people are STUPID.
edit on 7-11-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I understand your point of view, and reasons. My point though, is that it never would have GONE national if it weren't for all the 'concerned' people on the internet.

All I felt after reading your OP was sadness for that little boy....that this is happening to him. When I looked at his picture I felt as if I were part of something dirty that should have never happened.

Isn't there anyone here that feels the same sense of responsibility I do when reading/posting/spreading info?

Okay...I'm done. Perhaps this is a discussion better saved for another thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by Brood

People seem to forget that although this is 'just ATS' or 'Just the internet', does not mean that we are free of all responsibility. By 'spreading' the story, his picture and the family's names/personal information, it is adding to the exposure and damage to the boy. By doing this, you are actually helping the mom to hurt her child.

Rut Roh, you better unplug you PC from the internet eh?
this will all be forgotten in a week.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Im not going to lie. The face looks photoshopped on, if you ask me.
"second line"

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

You know what? You are ABSOLUTELY right. Everyone that was part of the internet 'mob' WILL forget about it in a week.

How long do you think that 5 year old will remember all the stuff that was spread all over the internet about him?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by Lysergic

You know what? You are ABSOLUTELY right. Everyone that was part of the internet 'mob' WILL forget about it in a week.

How long do you think that 5 year old will remember all the stuff that was spread all over the internet about him?
The stuff spread and promoted by his own mother? His entire life.

Thanks MOM.

I got two kids so I have enough of my own parenting mistakes to feel bad over.

I am not going to feel bad for hers. She submitted a piece to that offbeat mama site herself, she blogged herself, she begged on twitter for media to dm her if she misses their offers, I did not do this.

I don't feel sad looking at his picture, he appears happy. I would never have seen this private memory if his mom had not plastered it up on the net for consumption with the screeching headline, MY SON IS GAY.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I AGREE with you that his mom is worthless and responsible for what she is doing to her son.

But tell me, what good did it do to repeat it and spread it around? Did you help the child by doing so? Did you do it to make the mom look bad? I think she was doing a pretty good job of that herself. You have done exactly what she wanted, and in doing so helped her, not the child. That is my point. Sorry, I really am done now. We can easily agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by westcoast

If the picture had not already been viral, maybe I would have linked to it.

But no I dont feel bad reposting stories already on the net, and offering my opinion.

I would not have known about it had it not already been too late to contain, ie already gone national. If CNN has it, you are officially public fodder, for better or for worse.

I see a mom being made into a hero for doing this to her child and bringing such negative attention to him in the process. Calling him a tranny? And blasting My Son Is Gay from the rooftops? That disturbs me.

Gay and lesbians are already latching onto the kid as a jump off to bray about their causes.

Thanks MOM.

A bothersome thought. With how crazy people can be (and i'm not saying this is the case here because there is absolutely no evidence, as i said just a though) it wouldn't be totally far fetched for a young mother to think having a gay child or child with an sexual preference alternative to heterosexuality progressive. Not necessarily this mother, but it could/probably has happened. This woman has already turned her child's innocent halloween costume choice into something far more mature than the child could have ever conceived. It is very annoying that this women isn't being flamed. She hasn't done anything but harm and I doubt shes of the mental capacity to give her son a decent talk to derail his confusions over the matter.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
My oldest son wanted to wear bras and dresses for a while, and kept pinching my make-up - and wearing it.
Some friends got into a panic, saying I had to do something to "fix" him because he was turning GAY.

I reckon kids need space to be themselves and try things, so I just told him he looked nice, whatever he was wearing, and waited to see how things would pan out. He was going to a special school, because of handicaps, and they were tolerant when he turned up with his face painted.

After a few years he just forgot about wearing girl's stuff. I reckon he'd got it out of his system. I'm glad he didn't turn out to be gay because life is still tough for gay guys, but if he had have been we'd have coped with that together. He does have a strong feminine side, and that's great, because he's a lovely person.

Btw, I hope everyone here understands that cross-dressing has nothing to do with being gay, and does not necessarily mean a guy is transexual either. Some guys just like wearing female clothes.

I don't blame them. I prefer female clothes too.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
how could anyone label a child gay? with her claiming that the kid is gay tells me shes probly feeding him thoughts. children are innocent and asexual until theyve actully have had sex. right?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I went Halloween trick or treating dressed as a old woman once.

Nobody knew who I was.

It was very weird to be some one I was not.

Cross dressing is not always about being Gay.

A lot of cross dressers are heterosexual men with just a weird fetish.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

....who told you that?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

....who told you that?

....Sigh....

Transvestites are more often heterosexual men that seek to have a life and family with a heterosexual female than any other sexual preference out there. There are about the same ratio of homosexual transvestites (as compared to transvestites) as there are homosexuals (as compared to heterosexuals).

I'm not surprised you don't know a damn thing about them, though. Since I've seen you throw them under the *FREAK* bus in other threads. What ever happened to deny ignorance? Just let me remind you how simple it is to be to label everything different then them as a freak and forget about it... and how much civil and humane it is to look at the situation with perspective and do some research.
edit on 8-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

....who told you that?

Eddie Izzard springs to mind right away. He is a heterosexual cross-dresser.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The Today Show interview, another call in, very defensive, and again not using her last name, ashamed I supposed of her actions.

I tell you what, I got into a local paper once for something, and not only did I want my picture, but my name used, because I felt righteous in my side and wanted my story out.

The fact she is wallowing in the media attention makes it real odd she is ashamed to use her entire name, especially since she already used her name on the offbeat mama site.

Anyway the shrink is discussing it now, the host talks about her not protecting him.

Here is the link

www.msnbc.msn.com...

She claims up to 98 percent of the comments are positive, and then he says something about seing her monday on Today? I am confused.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join