It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian freeman gets pulled and does not consent (Great Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
not sure if it goes here , if not please move , anyway i have mixed feelings as to what is going on in this video ,however i think that the freeman could have indeed been a bit more nicer about the situation , anyway lets hear some thoughts and feelings on this ...

many thanks

Nephi

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 3-11-2010 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Well I didn't see how it turned out.
Although I must say, if that's a freeman on the land,
Then God help them.
I think the guy was a bit inebriated.
The cop I suppose was patient.
The smell of alchohol made the breathalyser inevitable.
Here in Glasgow The cops are less tolerant.
Anyway He probably got arrested, car impounded etc..
Shouldn't drink and drive I suppose.

I didn't see any pedestrian?
edit on 3-11-2010 by midicon because: add bottom line

edit on 3-11-2010 by midicon because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

To be honest I don't know my rights as a Canadian citizen concerning the breath test. I am fairly certain the cop does need to produce identification if asked and he failed to do so. I need to educate my self further before I can choose a side here.
edit on 3-11-2010 by Sasky because: Mistakes

edit on 3-11-2010 by Sasky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
ya i dont know anything about Canadian laws but they seem to be a bit in common with the road laws of CA

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Oh, please, has corrupt charity overlord MADD had its way with everyone's minds? "This guy has had 2 beers he is incapable of driving and must be arrested and thrown in jail for several years"

The police officer is being patient because the officer has no authority when he doesn't have his badge and/or is not in uniform. The guy is right, he stepped out of his jurisdiction when he showed up not fully in uniform.

And the bills that MADD wrote that mutilated our Charter of Rights and Freedoms, that's what he's really arguing about, and this is a clear sign of how they've gone too far. In Ontario having ONE beer and driving could blow him over the legal limit. Am I the only one that thinks that is a bit extreme?

MADD stopped at 0.08% years ago for a reason, because it was fair. Now the members are being paid and making loads of money and they have to show something for their cause... so they make up some garbage legislation to show people that they are actually doing something.

I am in no way condoning drunk driving, I have had 2 friends die to it, but to pretend that after 1-2 beers you are "incapable of driving due to intoxication" is just brainwashed psychobabble from the desk of MADD, fed by their hunger for cash and political control. We'll all just zombie around like fat Americans and accept everything we see on the idiot box as the truth, while they run around raping our rights.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
We'll all just zombie around like fat Americans and accept everything we see on the idiot box as the truth

Ouch. Harsh. Poor generalization....

Besides the quote above I agree with you. Cheers to this guy for standing up for himself. The "Constable" was patient as he should be. He serves the public, and this guy was no threat.

Just my thoughts on it.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

If a cop smells alchohol you will surely be breathalysed.
And rightly so.
Or should he just take your word for how many youv'e had?
The cop in the video, properly dressed or not did the right thing.
And anyway I would have breathalysed that guy!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

In BC its now 0.05%,

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion

Originally posted by Brood
We'll all just zombie around like fat Americans and accept everything we see on the idiot box as the truth

Ouch. Harsh. Poor generalization....

Besides the quote above I agree with you. Cheers to this guy for standing up for himself. The "Constable" was patient as he should be. He serves the public, and this guy was no threat.

Just my thoughts on it.

Sorry, but you left me no choice after passing that fascist Obamacare nonsense. What a seemingly liberal name they gave it... like "Operation Iraqi Freedom". what positive changes the American government inspires...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
reply to post by Brood

If a cop smells alchohol you will surely be breathalysed.
And rightly so.
Or should he just take your word for how many youv'e had?
The cop in the video, properly dressed or not did the right thing.
And anyway I would have breathalysed that guy!

The problem is not that he is being breathalyzed, it's that if he blows a 0.01% blood-alchohol level he will be thrown in prison for several years. MADD made sure that people driving after a single beer in Ontario are second only to serial killers.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I was really only commenting on the video.
Not the legislation concerning achohol levels.
Here in the UK you can have approximately two drinks.
It's difficult I suppose to legislate as people react differently for various reasons
after drinking, even just two beers.
I would never take alchohol and drive.
I am all for zero tolerance.
It's shallow, selfish and idiotic.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
all the guy had to do was take a breathalyzer.. plain and simple.. he refused because he knew he'd fail.
no, two beers might not mean you're impaired, a twelve pack doesn't mean i'm impaired.. but some one, somewhere does get blitzed on two beers. i used to know a guy who'd pass out drunk after three winecoolers. so what? they're suppose to have different rules and limits for different people?
he's screaming "i'm innocent, i haven't done anything wrong." 36 over the speed limit? he should have just taken the breath test. as far as the cop not being in uniform... he is in a patrol car.. if i get pulled over by a cop car, and someone gets out, dressed like a cop, and tells me how fast i was going.. and he's on the radio with dispatch, i'm pretty sure it's a cop. 116 in an 80? and he's just gonna get a ticket?? here 36 mph over the limit is jail, reckless endangernment.. the cop.. was extremely patient in my opinion. i don't know about canada.. but here he could have nailed him for speeding, refusal of breathalyzer, utterance, resisting and littering.. and that's just what i saw.. don't know what else happened.. the driver was in the wrong, almost from the beginning..

the problem with trying to cite law to a cop, is... so many people try to do it when they have something to hide. when you're in the wrong, and try to use law to cover your @$$, you end up making it bad for people later... the over use or citing of laws almost always leads to those laws or mandates being altered in the future. which makes people who are innocent and DO have right to cite those same laws catch the short end of the stick.
putting yourself above the masses is pretty selfish.
had the cop just pulled him over for "routine license check" which is my favorite... then he might have something to argue about. but that wasn't the case. he was 36 kph over the limit, he admittted he'd been drinking, and yes, he says two beers.. how many times have ya watched those police shows where the guy says "one or two" and when he gets out, he falls down and a case of empty beer cans hits the ground?

so, lets recap.
36kph over the speed limit
being biligerant
being abusive to the cop
refusal to comply with a peace officer
resisting arrest
and refusal to take a breathalyzer

yeah.. i don't see anything wrong with that

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
106 - 80 = 26 kph over the speed limit.

Why are all you guys getting your math wrong?

There are much better videos of freemen out there, this guy was not polite and that makes me sad. There is a video somewhere of a guy going across the Mexican border with no ID of any kind, simply talks his way through using his knowledge of common law etc. There is also a video of a guy avoiding a ticket in Calgary AB Canada doing the same thing, it's totally possible and I like when freemen are mature about it unlike this video. Still an interesting video OP. I'd love to do this, but the problem is if you actually do it you really limit yourself when it comes to travel and work.

new topics

top topics

join