It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the 9/11 attacks planned since 1979?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I don't think I'm going crazy here. But am I looking at a picture of a huge shadow of a plane on the twin towers in a magazine ad? Source
Now I'm not a 9/11 Truther here. But what does this mean to any of you? Coincidence? Conspiracy? You be the judge!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Nice find, but i think they planned it way before..

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

Well I was just on wikipedia and checking out what they have on there. Seems the attacks have roots in the year 1996. A little to late since 1979.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

So somebody finds an ad from 1970's showing airplane and WTC and this is supposed to be proof?

Only in mind of paranoid conspiracy loons does this work

Can go back to when WTC first proposed - opponents ran ads in NY Times claiming disaster would resultant
from airplanes hitting the buildings - ala 1945 Empire State Building

Only aircraft that hit buildings that day were deliberately flown in building

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Seems peculiar to use a shadow of a plane, seeming rather "death-like", rather than a pretty-shiny airplane...

What would be the rationale for the towers in their ad? Again, it seems they could have substituted a 'statue of liberty' tower and an 'eiffel tower' tower, as the ad was to advertise flights between NY and Paris.

Maybe that would be too obvious. Maybe not 'artsy' enough.

Or maybe...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Uhmm, you are on ATS............................

I think loons, or anyone else should feel welcome here.

Nice find OP

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The twin towers were two of the largest buildings on earth, in one of the largest cities on earth. Quite iconic, not unlike the Great Pyramids and the Eiffel Tower. Sure you can find images of those structures as well that include references to airplanes.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
But what does this mean to any of you?

To me it means that Pakistan International wanted an ad that showed it has flights to NY. The twin towers are highly recognizable and represent NY while the plane represents how they get there via PIA.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I don't think I'm going crazy here.

Get Smart! Epispde 52
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Umm... I dont think so Tim. There was a commercial from Gevalia (a coffee brand) with the moto "Company when you dont expect it." On the picture was a guy talking in a phone with a plane landed on WTC2 while he was in WTC1.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nice find. This really could have been in the planning for a longer time than we would care to think.

Since 9-11, I have been trying to recall the name of a TV movie from the early 1990s which may also
give some people cause to think. This may or may not be the best place to bring it up, but it's as
close as I have found.

The movie concerns the chase of a terrorist around the world. In it there are referances to the Achela Lauro
which was hijacked in the Med. Sea, also to the Olympic Games kidnapping, and the "recent" fall of the Soviet Union. There is one scene in which they hold a meeting of White House officials. During this meeting the men discuss the "nation's need for an enemy to kep it's economy going". Several possible "enemies " are offered up
but they settle on the "radical Arabs" rather than the drug cartels or Mexican gangs because it could be sustained longer, much like the cold war. At the ending the "good guy" was chasing the terrorist thru a rail yard and before shooting him told him to say "hello to Allah for me". Yea, a real ball of corn.

I would llike to find a copy of this movie, if for no other reason than to prove my sanity. (fat chance)

But back to this posting. I think it really was a nice find.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Interesting find. As you say, it looks like a shadow of a plane, seemingly on a collision course.

How far back it was planned though, I don't think we'll ever know.
edit on 1-11-2010 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It may or may not be a coincidence, but the shadow of the airplane in the advertisement looks every bit as real as the shadow of an airplane which was used in the 9/11 made for TV movie.

edit on 5-11-2010 by SphinxMontreal because: None of your business!

top topics

join