It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft part found on Tikaboo Peak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
A not so exciting aircraft part found on TIkaboo Peak:

Just a screen and a wire to probably ground it. The color looks like the old F-4s you find crashed in the desert. Since there is no crash on Tikaboo, I assume it is something that fell off the plane.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Not to be a jerk, but how does the color remind one of a MD F4 crashed in a desert? And what about the part says it's from any aircraft? It looks more like any piece of anything that any boater or anyone really might have left there.

It doesn't scream aircraft part to me, or F4 in a desert to me or anything. It looks more like any little part of a shack or shed or part of a screen door or something.

It might be a part of an airplane, but it's gonna take alot of research to find out which part.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by eiefar

Do you have any idea of the remoteness of Tikaboo Peak? I don't think it is a piece of a boat. ;-)

Actually it was not on the actual peak, but along the ridge that makes up the second false summit. It is not a place where hikers go. Further, the color is similar to the F-4 crash near Rachel.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Did you hike Tikaboo recently? If you did, any new photos? I hope you had some type of ground, the lightning has been pretty wild lately!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It look like a plating electrode.
Was there any signs of mining around there that may have had a small mill setup.

Many small copper/gold mills would separate the copper and gold from the rock and put the resulting copper gold mix in sulfuric acid and electroplate the copper off the gold leaving the gold as a sludge in the bottom of the tank.
This sludge was then fired with borax to form a gold bar.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Fire up Google earth and plug in this point
37°20'39.73"N 115°21'32.84"W

It was on that ridge. No mill up there. You'd have to be nuts to put anything up there unless you didn't want access to it all winter and didn't mind summer lightning storms. Did I mention driving 26 miles off road? Oh, and 800ft elevation change with a hike that starts at 7000ft. This is a ridge where few have walked.

Also note the screen is partially painted, which would be a problem if you were using the screen to separate materials.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thanks for finding my 4X4 radiator brush guard and horn wire....LOL

new topics

top topics

join