It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jones disovery on nano thermite confirmed by Chemical engineer Mark Basile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I have not seen anyone try to debunk these nano thermite claims. The only attempt at debunking these claims is to say that they are not peer reviewed, meaning no one can debunk them. So I find it funny that instead of addressing the issue, the issue is that it hasn't been peer reviewed, so somehow this means it can be ignored. Well now there is independent analysis of the nano thermite.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You want a debunking? Here you go:
forums.randi.org...
forums.randi.org...

A technical analysis as to why the samples cannot be thermite.

Not that there's any news to Mark Basile "confirming" the results, he was mentioned in the original thermite pamphlet as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by roboe

who is this guy? Sun stealer? That's not his real name. Graduate poster, of what? What are his credentials? Until I see a real name I don't have to read his "findings" (see, I can do ad hominem attacks too, ha!)

Kaolinite is a clay mineral, thus it would not withstand the heat test. Thus it is not Kaolinite.
edit on 28-10-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Where, exactly, did I commit an ad hominem phallacy? I was merely pointing out that Mark Basile was thanked in the original Thermite pamphlet, and that as such it could hardly be considered newsworthy that he is now agreeing with the findings.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by roboe

that remark was not necessarily aimed at you. What was aimed at you was that Kaolinite is clay, which does not react when placed under intense heat.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
I have not seen anyone try to debunk these nano thermite claims. The only attempt at debunking these claims is to say that they are not peer reviewed, meaning no one can debunk them. So I find it funny that instead of addressing the issue, the issue is that it hasn't been peer reviewed, so somehow this means it can be ignored. Well now there is independent analysis of the nano thermite.

Of course, this whole nanothermite bit is a red herring to begin with, since such a compound would leave blatant signs of sabotage on the steel lying around all over ground zero, and there have been so many photos posted here of WTC steel to prove no such signs of sabotage were there. Many of the people assigned to dismantle the WTC steel were the same ones who built the thing to begin with, so what you're necessarily saying is that these experienced steel workers are all thoroughly as stupid as a bag of hammers and cannot recognize blatantly sabotaged steel when they see it.

As such, since it's been proven thermite played no part in the collapse itself, the best you can claim from this is that someone ran around dumping sacks of nanothermite onto the ground after the collapse. How that advances your conspiracy stories is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

I'm not going to talk to you
Consider this my last response to you
You are on my ignore list
Good day.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Good day.

Such a mature response because someone counters your argument anyway what about Dr Jones is that the same one who claimed JESUS had visited America

How can a person who BELIEVES that be taken seriously unless of course you BELIEVE that as well.

Have a look at this re Jones.

www.butterfliesandwheels.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Good day.

Such a mature response because someone counters your argument anyway what about Dr Jones is that the same one who claimed JESUS had visited America

How can a person who BELIEVES that be taken seriously unless of course you BELIEVE that as well.

Have a look at this re Jones.

www.butterfliesandwheels.org...

If that isn't an Ad Hom, I don't know what is. You trusters really have a vested interest in defending the OS, don't you?

I suspect G.O.D is on ignore because he posts the same old tired rhetoric in every 911 thread. You know what he's going to post before he posts it, so there's really no need to read it.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
You are correct...we do not have all the details worked out...but the fact still remains. Steel skyscrapers do not collapse because of fire...never have, never will...except, as you claim, on that day...what an anomaly.. post as much distracting fodder as you like.

...Three buildings came down on 911 by controlled demolition..You can type til you're blue in the face..but that won't change the truth.
edit on 29-10-2010 by jambatrumpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OllyP

If that isn't an Ad Hom, I don't know what is. You trusters really have a vested interest in defending the OS, don't you?

First, I don't care whether the guy puts me on ignore or not. My philosophy is that the truth never needs to run and hide from falsehoods. It's falsehoods that need to run and hide from the truth. If that guy has been so thoroughly brainwashed by those damned fool conspiracy web sites he goes to that it's inciting such quasi-religious devotion in him then any further discussion with him will be a gargantian waste of time. It's obvious I'm a threat to what he wants to believe so I might as well be discussing evolution with the Pope.

Second, by definition, YOU would have to be the truster here, not us- you trust everything Dylan Avery, Alex Jones, etc tells you despite how many times it's been proven it's rubbish, and nothing and noone, not even a taxi driver in a cab out by the Pentagon who saw the whole show, will be able to convince you otherwise.

I suspect G.O.D is on ignore because he posts the same old tired rhetoric in every 911 thread. You know what he's going to post before he posts it, so there's really no need to read it.

Of course everyone knows what I'm going to post here- information that details why these conspiracy stories of yours are hogwash (I.E. fire fighters reporting the fires in WTC 7 were burning out of control and were creating a three story tall bulge in the side of the structure). You trusters trust what all these damned fool conspiracy web sites are telling you about everything in the world being the result of some sinister secret plot to murder us all, so of couse you're going to ignore it the same way you ignore anything that contradicts what you want to believe.

At the end of the day, despite all the childish temper tantrums, you conspiracy people have yet to show why even an iota of anything I've posted here is incorrect. Incorporate the fact into your conspiracy stories as you see fit.

top topics

join