It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with this flashing red crap?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What is up with ATSNN? Why are you giving these hostage stories the extra attention the militants grave? This whole "be-heading" thing is about "shock value" and media like this plays right into their hands.

C'mon WAKE UP

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yea, it's kind of sick seeing this kind of extreme coverage of the hostage situations. It doesn't take an idiot to realize the whole reason for these beheadings is to get on global television and thus get in everybodies mind so that they are "terrified." We may as well just make a terrorist television station for dedicated coverage of all the terrorist attacks, so they can get all the attention they desire and can make the impact on society they strive for.

I don't think the media (FOX NEWS for instance) should censor this kind of news, just tone it down a bit.

-Attero

[edit on 27-6-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
[edit on 27-6-2004 by BOHICA]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
When it is flashing, it means it is "Breaking News", these Alerts will stay up until Staff sees fit to take them off Alert. As for the "Media", they do not tell everything that is going on. We have broke News well before any "Mainstream" Media outlet had a clue. This is the beauty of ATSNN. We have members throughout the world, who at any given time can submit News Stories. We have over 11,000 "Reporters" so to speak, more than any News Source that I know of. I would suggest to start submitting News Stories to ATSNN if you think we are leaning in one direction, which I do not think the case is at all, there might be something we missed. We all are only human.....

Trick

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
I don't think the media (FOX NEWS for instance) should censor this kind of news, just tone it down a bit.

Wait,....What?

If they tone it down, they're censoring it. What you said made no sense...

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The difference between toning it down and censoring it is that it is still shown on the channel, just with less emphasis and time dedicated it. NOT THE TOTAL REMOVAL OF IT FROM THE NEWS. Is that distinction not clear enough for you? Like say if you go to the front page of foxnews.com right now, you might just see this in huge bold text:

"U.S. Military Confirms Marine Missing"

Well, this is precisely what the terrorists want. They get their freaking picture on the front of the most popular news network in America if not the world! Understand?!

-Attero

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Well if you dont like what yuou see then dont read it simple as that, or if your watching TV and theres a report of another terrorist attack and you dont wanna know more about it then change channels!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
When it is flashing, it means it is "Breaking News", these Alerts will stay up until Staff sees fit to take them off Alert. As for the "Media", they do not tell everything that is going on. We have broke News well before any "Mainstream" Media outlet had a clue. This is the beauty of ATSNN. We have members throughout the world, who at any given time can submit News Stories. We have over 11,000 "Reporters" so to speak, more than any News Source that I know of. I would suggest to start submitting News Stories to ATSNN if you think we are leaning in one direction, which I do not think the case is at all, there might be something we missed. We all are only human.....

Trick
Your point is well taken, I guess my reaction was one born of frustration not only with ATSNN but the whole US media and my post probably could have been better worded as such.

top topics

join