It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students arrested trying to give teammate CPR; had been shot by police, left in the street cuffed an

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is a terrible story from Westchester County, New York. “Peace Officers” were called to settle a disturbance that spilled out of a bar about 25 miles north of New York City. Many of the estimated 150 people at the scene in a shopping center in Thornwood were students from Pace University’s campus in nearby Pleasantville, where the homecoming football game had been played on Saturday.

still more police brutality, seems the norm lately..source

read the part where they covered their badges so they could not be identified that way...

College kids are getting hurt and even killed … by “peace officers.” What is this teaching them? It’s teaching them either that might makes right and brute force is the way we do things … or it’s teaching them not to trust the police.

edit on 23-10-2010 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm done with police. There still may be a few good ones out there, but they are the exception, and they remain silent regarding the travesties their "brothers" commit. We are on our own.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

I'm gonna have to agree with you there...

where i live, most of the Police are ex military...

thank goodness they all know i am a maint. tech in town...

it's a college town too..

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I remember reading something by Radley Balko Reason's "Hit&Run" blog where he gave a talk with the topic of the increasingly militarized "and overly militant" police. After the talk, he said, some members of the military approached him and said they enthusiastically agreed with him.

They also said they only took objection to the words "militarized police" because they felt it made the military look bad. LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

lol..yea, it makes the military look bad...

but it scares the hell outa me...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
So these officers are from Westchester County, New York? Good information to have when "something" happens to our country. I'm sick of all these fools abusing their power. They didn't even try to help these wounded themselves.

Soon enough...things ARE going to change. Just nice to know which counties most of these actions are in for when things go down.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LordTacos

yea.. the article doesn't say if they(peace officers) even called an ambulance..

maybe there is less paperwork if you die?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
These cops treat the U.S. Citizens they serve the way Blackwater mercenaries treat Iraqi citizens: Like dogs.

If these police agencies keep this trend up, they are gonna lose a lot more than their jobs.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What was that NWA song called again?

nvm I will settle with this

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Thanks GS.....

good point....

good video...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Old news with a bad ending.
New info out today...search around abit and you will find it.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Baddmove.....

What a crazy story.

I would be very interested to hear its "other side".

Have you noticed any responses to that effect on line?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The guy they shot? They cuffed him and let him bleed to death in the street. When I was little, adults always told me the policeman was my friend. I have my doubts about that today.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Good OP thanks. I'm never going to stop preaching what I say here. I was a cop for almost 7 years and I can tell you that most of them are in the business for all the wrong reasons.

Cops are mostly psychopaths. They are violent adrenaline junkies who get off on having power over other people. The type of people departments used to look for were very different then the ones they are actively recruiting now. They used to be very careful about not hiring the type of people who got a rush out of this line of work. They also were hesitant to hire ex-soldiers if they seemed violent. They looked for people that were interested in being part of the community and who were interested in keeping the community safe. Well that has changed. They now look for these scumbags.

It is really bad. I personally knew of cops that were pedophiles, rapists, alcoholics, drug addicts, were on the take, and straight up violent sociopaths. And these depratments do NOTHING to stop this! In the departments if an incident occurs where an officer acts in a manner that is illegal or immoral, the department acts quickly to cover it up any way possible. If they can avoid it, they usually will not even discipline a cop. As a matter of fact if you report something involving another officer, you could end up losing your job or being ostracized or singled out for ratting on a "brother". And if you are outside the department and report them, you may end up dealing with harassment from them and their fellow cops. It is a corrupt and violent culture anymore. Most cops are sicker than the criminals I dealt with.

They cost me childhood dream because I couldn't stand the people I worked with. Make no mistake about it, there are a FEW good cops left. A great many apathetic cops, and a whole mess of sociopathic violent scumbags in uniform who get their rocks off stepping on other human beings. I get the feeling many of them are the type of people who were picked on as children.

Avoid them is all I can say. Because even reporting them to most review boards (except maybe departments that still have a civilian review board) won't change a thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I always wonder who these guys were " Peace Officers" , I see them drive around my neighborhood in their 2 doors little mini cop cars, Looks like a toy compare to the real cruisers, same color and all but with Peace officers wording. I wasnt aware they carry guns, I'm not even aware they do any kind of work. All they do is stay in their cars and drive around... Are they employed for Colleges/ Universities? I only live 6 blocks from Columbia University. It must seem like it since this happen at one, Did I answer my own question?

People still do their dirt in front of them and they dont even stop, hell they only be driving and looking forward the times I see them ride around. Why they even exist? its a waste of tax money like if that matters in this country in the first place. I wouldnt call them cops or any of that sort. They dont do sh*t , at least around my way.

Its getting out of control, I know how it feels to be left on the streets bleeding while remembering nothing but black, like I just lost time, gladly it wasnt a gunshot wound. It isnt right for me or anyone who went or will go thru things like this with these so called "Peace officers" " Cops" " whatever u want to call them" . Why do we even have them in the first place? As the years is passing, it seem like they just taking space while making people's life hell. They arent doing their jobs , they arent protecting anymore, to be a police officer isnt like what we have been told as kids. One of these days, all of this abuse must end and it will not look pretty for either side.
edit on 24-10-2010 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Make no mistake, there will be a backlash because of the hiring policies of the PDs.
The fault lies in the psychological profiling whch is far too slanted towards hiring these bully boys and scumbags.
To my eyes the papers seem to be getting more brutality and more corruption stories regarding those who supposedly protect the people from this behavior.
The RCMP and canadian police forces too seem to want to shoot first, ask questions later.
Tazering in Canada has tapered off since they murdered that polish immigrant at vancouver airpport.
Trial goes on about the three cops that beat and robbed newspaper delivery person.Tinged with racism to my mind.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Soon all of the stuff going on in our country with the government, police officers, others who abuse power are going to "break" down that wall that holds people back and people are going to snap. It's just sad that the corrupt now greatly outnumber those who wish to actually help the American people and they have to get dragged through this as well.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My question is, why is it never a political platform to increase law enforcement education and make law enforcement for the law enforcers? Why does nobody that can change anything want to talk about this?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I don't have an answer for you...

but that is a really, really good question...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Because Cops exist to maintain the status quo and keep the rich rich and the masses in their play.

Government these days exists as nothing more than a tool to facilitate corporate growth and maintain law and order as a means to prevent anything from getting in the way of this corporate growth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join