It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its the RICH that will suffer the most when society collapses.. Here is why- BEWARE rich people!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Its the RICH that will suffer the most when society collapses.. Here is why..

There is a real difference between "want and need"... poor to average folks know this... Everyone needs food, shelter and clothing... the basics.. so do the rich... whats the difference?

When society breaks down the poor/middle class will tend to thier families... OK so there go all of the servants, maids, hairdressers, waiters, chouffers, fingernail salons, tanning room people back to take care of their families!!!!

And all the "yes" people that hung around for a paycheck... The rich may be to into materialism and themselves to be concerned for their safety....See all their PAPER WEALTH WILL BE GONE....(ok some of them may have liquid gold, but most is in banks and paper) WHEN ONE DAY they wake up a poor folks... then what will they do?

Poor folks can "make do" with basics and know how to streach meals.. The ultra rich have meals and things catered to them and my not know how to prepare for basic needs in a crisis.... They are not used to fending/caring for themselves.
Well..... Its time they learned!

OK so the rich go to underground bunkers.. a few of them... who do they trust? all the other rich greedy people with them... talk about being paranoid!

There is a story (In the old testimate Bible and Torah) that when the slaves left Egypt... all of the riches where given to the poor slaves as they left the bondage of the wealthy taskmasters......The rich wealthy evil empire crumbled... And Gods people were free..(Ok we wandered the dessert for 40 years.. nevertheless, a NEW kingdom or riches for the previously poor... Is this a picture of what will happen in America? Have we been "slaves" and are we about to be set FREE from $$$ bondage $$$???? SO BEWARE ALL OF YOU RICH FOLKS... YOU CANT TAKE IT WITH YOU!

....."country folks will survive...."

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
so true.. this reminds me of that show with paris hilton.. "the simple life"

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sum1one

There are a LOT of empty rich that are interested in just fun and relaxation... what oh what will they do when if affects their tennis game, hair do's, gym time, vacation..... my ... oh my! "country folks will survive" Just imagine what Paris Hilton would be wiht out all her yes people, money and fame.... Its all out the door when TSHTF!!!!! WOW!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

so many assumptions.

Not all "Rich" people are like Paris Hilton. Whats your definition of rich anyway? Also what are you defining as "poor"? In the US our poor isn't the type of poor you seem to be referring to. The understanding of getting by with just the basics is the main reason the poor in the states are still poor. A majority would rather go into debt by having 100 dollar cable tv bills and eating like garbage while they spend their paychecks to get their nails done. Not all, but a high percentage in my opinion.

The people who are wealthy would have a better means to stock up and prepare now so that they are set if things did go bad. Its easier to buy a large plot of land in a remote area and have it stocked and ready to go if you have a few million.

Poor people also generally live in heavier populated areas, these will be the hardest hit by any area if stuff goes bad. If you have money then this isn't a problem.

If society collapses and it is for a large period of time then all of the above and what you wrote also doesn't even matter. No matter how rich or poor you are you will be effected by it. It will come down to you as a person or the community of family and friends you combine with. How prepared mentally are you? What skills do you have? That is what will matter.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm worth 6 million and when society collapses I'll be living in the penthouse suite of my condominium that was build out of a hollowed out underground missile silo with 4 years stock of imperishable food items. Where will the poor be? Where will the corrupt leaders that dug us into this mess for their financial superiority be? Probably one of the 21 known government bunkers across the country.

I'd also like to point out a big hole in your argument -- you assume that all rich people are sheltered.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
I'm worth 6 million and when society collapses I'll be living in the penthouse suite of my condominium that was build out of a hollowed out underground missile silo with 4 years stock of imperishable food items. Where will the poor be? Where will the corrupt leaders that dug us into this mess for their financial superiority be? Probably one of the 21 known government bunkers across the country.

I'd also like to point out a big hole in your argument -- you assume that all rich people are sheltered.

Plugging your air vents with mud and cutting through the blast door!

J/K... I couldn't resist

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but, I don't think they will suffer any more than anybody else, because everyone will be in the same boat. I get the impression you get the jollies from anybody having to suffer, more than the next guy, which is a lousy attitude. It's almost as if you wish this upon somebody, just because they are rich.

Instead of drooling over the possibility, wouldn't it be more beneficial to drool over the many possibilities of how to help people who are already poor?

Some people may be rich financially, but others are far richer in soul!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Your more right than wrong. I had my mind changed a few weeks ago over this very topic.

Basically, the poor are used to being poor and just getting by. The rich aren't. It's simplistic but makes sense to me, now.

You can have a 5 month supply of food. What about month 6? A 30 day supply of bottled water and day 31 you drink??

The changes of society don't affect the poor nearly as much as the rich.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Most rich people are not as savy as you to make a safe location to get away from it all... I was refering to the the "materialistic" rich.... "hairdos" that cant even manage to do anything without their staff assisting them in one way or another.....There ARE some rich that have made it to the top from the bottom.

The poor, my point is, will be acustomed to doing without the niceities in life... the rich will suffer in a different way.....
1) loss of their adoring staff, 2) loss of money, and 3) loss of everyday servitude and conviences that may not always be there, when their money goes away.... 4) loss of social status if their paper money is gone

The poor have a better grasp on how to do without many luxuries,many of the material rich may feel the pain...of their conveniences being shutdown!!!!!! you made good points but not ALL rich people will suffer, but ALL of them will feel a difference when society is breaking down.

Originally posted by Brood

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I think the rich will also be targeted by the lesser fortunate people, well just because its only natural to hold someone accountable for an economic apocalypse.

But the biggest worry when living in urban environment is basically gangs and raiders. I guarantee you there will be a large portion of people going through cities destroying EVERYTHING, killing, looting, raping.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
when "society" crumbles its last bit of technocracy it wont matter if you have money or not,

there wont be any infrastructure to bring forth luxuries in trade for money

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Most rich people are rich because they are willing to do whatever it takes. They are resourceful, manipulative, even evil in a lot of cases. This usually means they don't care about who gets hurt and who loses out as a result. These people have more to lose than the poor, and as we are already seeing, will not think twice before taking what little they can from the poor in order to maintain their status. The poor are used to it and most people wont fight back due to various reasons, but I can tell you now that the rich will not go down without taking what they can from those who have little.

So no, it will not be the rich who suffer the most.

new topics

top topics

join