It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British fisherman grapples with ferocious 'giant piranha'... which has been known to eat CROCODILE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Eight days? You mean that thing is still alive???!!!

I saw that show, and I think they mean it took eight days to locate and catch, not land the fish.

I also seem to remember that he did not release the fish, but rather gave it to the villagers.
Could be wrong on that, though.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
That is one scary fish. I think I would not dare go near any kind of water where it is murky after this. Its teeth are not nice.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Eight days? You mean that thing is still alive???!!!

I saw that show, and I think they mean it took eight days to locate and catch, not land the fish.

I also seem to remember that he did not release the fish, but rather gave it to the villagers.
Could be wrong on that, though.

I saw that episode too. You are correct on both counts:

It took eight days of traveling, looking and fishing to catch the biggest one. I wasn't all that impressed with it at first, until he showed how it's jaw is double hinged so it can open extremely wide, and I got a good look at it's teeth. Scary stuff.

He tried to release it,but it was too weakened from the fight and ended up dying. So they (he and his guide) brought it back to the villagers who saw it as a extremely special occasion. It was enough to feed them all.

Very good episode, I love that show!!

S&F

<< 1   >>

join