It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16-year old stabbed a 14-year old 47 times, he died. Sentence: 1 year in youth-prison.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hey ATS,

I just read this today,.

It happened in the Netherlands. What kind of sentence would he have gotten if this would have happened in the USA? 1 year is a joke, i feel sorry for the parents who lost their child, they must feel horrible.

Whilst stabbing, the 16-year old had enough time to rethink his actions, but he persisted, said the judge.

Let's say he gets out next year, and he will again commit murder, does that mean the justice system failed?

What does ATS think about this sentence?

Source: www.nu.nl...
It's in Dutch

-- mods i placed the thread the first time on the wrong board, forgive me please--

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
1 year for murder is an obscenely light sentence, however given the difference in style when it comes to courts and sentencing in Europe its actually no surprise really. It really is a shame to basically let the kid off with no more than a slap on the wrist, I wonder if the judge who handed down the sentence will have trouble sleeping at night once this kid is back out of the the system and prowling around the streets and ends up killing someone else?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Pick up any object on your desk, and make a stabbing motion with it 47 times...

Now imagine you are stabbing a 14 year old kid the entire time..

Anyone who is not disturbed by the exercise let alone able to carry it out is a MONSTER..

the sentance is ridiculous

~meathead

reposted from deleted thread
edit on 19-10-2010 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
on the bright side, the murder victim's family can have three or more family members go out on one night without an alibi and one of them can kill this person. evenm if they get caught (alibi's ahead of time) , they won't serve much time.

thats what I would do. and you only have to wait a year.

I'd just wait, and take revenge. period

oops I said no alibi, and alibi. I meant they can alibi each other
edit on 19-10-2010 by Electric Crown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The 16 year old is definitely mentally ill to stab the boy 47 times - he needs to be locked up for life because he will kill again and again. One year in youth prison is nothing to someone so young. I feel for the parents of the 14 year old. What is this world coming to!!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What an absolute kick in the teeth to the family of the 14 year old boy

This kid needs a psych evaluation and needs tougher penalty.

Disgraceful

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yes the system has gone mad.

Here is another story where a guy has been let out after 10 months of a six year sentence. Ok he is only out temporarily but if you read the article you find out this is the third time he has killed somebody. How on earth can he be allowed out for anything.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

Whilst stabbing, the 16-year old had enough time to rethink his actions, but he persisted, said the judge.

Van der H. was 15 years old when he killed Dirk on November 17 last year.(op source)

Let's say he gets out next year, and he will again commit murder, does that mean the justice system failed?

In addition, van der H. sentenced to compulsory treatment in an institution for juvenile offenders.(op source)

The forced treatment in a juvenile detention lasts two years and by law can be extended up to six years, as suggested by Anja Holten court press after the verdict. (op source)

Here’s some readable background on the murder.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If this happened in the US he probably would receive the same sentence. Once 18, he could be transferred to the Adult Prison System. This is assuming there are non mental deficiency factors in play. Depending on the State, he could be certified as an adult and sent to prison just the same (isolated from general population).

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If the 14 year old that was killed was my son.....

The day that rat bastard got out of his 1 year sentence would be the day I started my life term sentence

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Lets hope int hat year he doesnt learn everything there is to know on criminal behavour.

These places are like schools for criminals. Public lashings should be introduced instead.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by darkventures

I don't think public lashings would be a deterrent. Even in countries who do not have due process, violate human rights, and dole out the death penalty like its candy, its not a deterrent.

I think we should just put them into the organ donation program

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Right...

I don't want to hear another word out of the Dutch about capital punishment in the United States when these are the results their justice system produces.

Lets do some math...

United States: Guilty person kills innocent person. Guilty person gets executed. Two people die.

The Netherlands: Guilty person kills innocent person. Guilty person serves one year in prison. Guilty person kills another innocent person. Three people die, and that's a minimum figure assuming the justice system can kindly remove it's head from it's ass in the next murder trial.

Yes, by all means, abolish capital punishment. It clearly saves lives, as was demonstrated by the math above, and deters crime, as was demonstrated by the fact that this murder occurred. Those one year "youth-prison" sentences for murder are terrifying.

new topics

top topics

join