It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White women portrayed as sex objects to be taken by minorities

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

A lot of minorities, especially a lot of black men have white envy, that's all it is. Sometimes it's cause they feel bad about themselves and sometimes it's out of hate. Black men see white women as a prize, if you get one it's like being white. You get to hang out with white people etc. This is only my own opinion, but if someone has a better reason for minorities to idolize white women, let me here it.

edit on 26-10-2010 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I read those, and I'm not convinced the film producers are pushing an anti-white message. Sorry, it just looks like a comedy movie about stoners poking fun at whatever is funny. It's like when they made "retard' jokes in Tropic Thunder. Do you really think they were pushing an anti-retard agenda or were just getting some laughs?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I'm not convinced the film producers
are pushing an anti-white message.

"Anti-white?" How do you go from the ideas presented in this thread to simply "anti-white?"

If I bought up all the oil in the world so I could use it myself, and kept anyone else from getting any, would that be "anti-oil?" If I taxed the middle class into starvation and gave all their money to rich people, would that be "anti-money?" No. Of course not.

So how is trying to get white women into the hands of minorities "anti-white?"

Life is more complex than "for or against."

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

To be honest, I got "anti-white" from your OP as well. Maybe there is just an issue between how you think it comes across and how it might. Any, I am just curious.

Have you attempted to contact the white gentlemen that produced the movie or perhaps the white gentlemen that wrote the movie and inquired?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Yes, they're pushing an agenda to direct white women to minorities, rather than just making a comedy for people to laugh at.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Probably not. But then again, do Black people contact Rappers that portray the "Gansta Theme" and tell them that the way they sing and and act in music videos gives Black people a negative image as a whole? Didn't think so...

edit on 27/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Probably not. But then again, do Black people contact Rappers that portray the "Gansta Theme" and tell them that the way they sing and and act in music videos gives Black people a negative image as a whole? Didn't think so...

edit on 27/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

What?
I am not sure what anything in your post has to do with what I posted or this thread. Do people just come here, read one post, and respond to it?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Do people just come here, read one post, and respond to it?

Not always. Sometimes they just read the thread title and respond to that.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Playing dumb are we? You stated that the OP should try contacting the "white" producers and "white" writers of the show to find out why White men are portrayed negatively. Your insinuation was that White people are to blame for the negative portrayal and instead of discussing the issue on an internet forum, you advised the OP contact them.

My response was an analogy: people who complain that the "Gansta Rap" theme gives black people a negative image don't seem to write to the rappers and ask them why. Should we blame Rappers that live up to that image for the demonisation of Black people as a whole?
edit on 27/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Playing dumb are we? You stated that the OP should try contacting the "white" producers and "white" writers of the show to find out why White men are portrayed negatively. Your insinuation was that White people are to blame for the negative portrayal and instead of discussing the issue on an internet forum, you advised the OP contact them.

My response was an analogy: people who complain that the "Gansta Rap" theme gives black people a negative image don't seem to write to the rappers and ask them why. Should we blame Rappers that live up to that image for the demonisation of Black people as a whole?

who gives them the record deal? Who are they mainly selling to?

I'll give you a hint.They are not african.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hate to rain on this little parade, but you're ripping apart a parodical film as if it holds any value. The only reason people watch movies is because they depict stories that are not the norm. Asians and Indians aren't exactly prone to picking up women, so portraying them as being so is exactly what makes it funny. It's a joke that you obviously didn't catch because you were too busy playing psychoanalyst.

Nobody is trying to brainwash anyone... get over it

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Your response was confusion and misdirected anger. Maybe it was an "analogy" someone told you about but it does not really apply to what I said in response to the OP here. Now that I really sit down and look, really LOOK it seems like a lot of ATS is about assumption and shoulder chips.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

The (Evil) White Man?

When will other groups take responsibility for their own misbehaviour and lack of achievement instead of appealing to White Guilt to explain all their troubles? I won't hold my breath...
edit on 29/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I think you are confusing "assumptions" with "theories" and "disappointment seeing people indoctrinated by ideologies" with "having a chip on their shoulders."

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Can't we just watch a movie anymore...and just enjoy it?

Doesn't it get tiring always looking for the hidden meaning...most of the time a made up hidden meaning.

If the conspiracy is that some white women are hot...then count me in as a believer.

interesting, i thought you took racism very seriously?

this seems to suggest a lapse in care.

youve been attending the Bohemian grove again havent you!!??

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

The (Evil) White Man?

When will other groups take responsibility for their own misbehaviour and lack of achievement instead of appealing to White Guilt to explain all their troubles? I won't hold my breath...
edit on 29/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

Dude the movie is marketed to white people. Why would you piss off the people you are selling to? Does that makes any sense?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Dude the movie is marketed to white people. Why would you piss off the people you are selling to? Does that makes any sense?

How can you say it is marketed at White People? It is marketed at whoever registers with the type of humour of the film. Movies like these are made for an International audience - not just the USA. By marketing it to a White audience you are losing out on a VERY big segment of the world population who would pay to watch, rent or buy the movie...

edit on 30/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: typo

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i saw this movie; but i watched it by myself. i think there is a reason why you titled your thread this way; but its impossible for me to know why what you saw in a movie has anything to do white what you are projecting to me from this threads title and its first post.

noting new is taboo and taboo is noting new. i know people monopolize their own emotions when having sex; and what better way for a person to think they are going to be gratified by the experience of sex than by engaging in a sexual act that has been charged prior with energy that stems from this thread title and the following posts.

but are women not sex objects anymore?and is this a greater conspiracy for men to deal with viewing women as more than sex objects?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

For many, that is acceptable racism, as though somehow
all white men deserve to be looked down on.

I understand that certain humor requires a "target." As others have pointed out, in many movies that target is blacks. In these movie the target is whites. But it goes way beyond that. It's not simply making fun of whites. These movies use both overt and covert means to deliver a specific message of white women going to minorities and not to white men.

Again, look at this picture from the original post. The two whites in that picture are married, but their actors are positioned away from each other, while Harold and Kumar are visually superimposed with her, wearing color coordinated outfits with hers, and Harold's hand is positioned to look like he's holding her breasts.

That's not just "making fun of white people." That's going to great lengths to deliver a message directly to the subconscious. And these movie are full of stuff like this.

edit on 24-10-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

It isn't limited to this film, either.

I have seen sitcom situations, more than once, where the black neighbor was an object of desire for the white female lead, even when said lead was married. Sadly, some people are buying the nonsense.

Example? I posted in another thread about an incident in a restaurant, where the waitress would simply not come to our table. White waitress. We (my oldest and I), are white. The table she did wait on? Group of black people. No, was not their fault she was being an idiot. They looked disturbed at her behavior. Apparently, though, she decided that the white women didn't deserve her attention, and gave it all to the table with the black guys that came in later. To her, it seemed impressing a minority male would give her some sort of prize. Sick thing, to see this sort of garbage happen in real life.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Great OP~

Funnily enough, I just wrote an essay regarding things of this nature recently and this topic was on this list.

There are too many "asleep" who are not paying attention to what is going on in our culture...
Brave thread and I am glad it isn't getting flamed to death.

Men in general, white men in particular, are getting totally demonized in movies...

And the reality TV shows make America in general (male and female) look like nobody made it past the first grade in education, decorum, or social graces... oh, mustn't forget the grandparents and further generations that also participate in that preposterous confederacy of lunacy that is Real TV.
Applause for you~

Originally posted by getreadyalready

On another note though, it would have been a far riskier endeavor to parody all the bad behavior of minorities in the country. Imagine taking all the most ridiculous and shocking headlines involving minorities and making a similar movie!!

Have you ever seen I'm Gonna Get You Sucka? Wayans movie. I cried laughing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join