It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steel Bursting Into Flames?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is my first time viewing this 'extended' video of NIST denying evidence of molten steel in the debris pile.

Two points in particular stick out:

1. At 2:20 of the video there is testimony of steel suddenly catching fire when removed from the pile.

2. The 4:00 minute mark shows two pieces of steel 'welded' together from heat.

www.youtube.com...

Steel on fire?

Heat welding steel I-beams together?

Seems more like a job for energetic material to me!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by turbofan

Who said it was steel that caught fire - were plenty of other flammable materials in the debris pile

Once uncovered so that oxygen could reach it would sponaneous combust

As for welding steel beams together - been done for thousands of years. Heat pieces of Iron/steel, when
reach temperature forge them together by pressure. It was how swords were made - take small pieces of steel
because that was all the early forges could produce. Bundle up, heat, then pound into one piece called a bloom

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The witnesses are clearly talking about the steel. There is mention of dripping molten metal, red/orange hot coloured beams, molten metal flowing.

What temperature is required to weld structural steel together?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by turbofan

The temperature required to forge weld is typically 50 to 90 percent of the melting temperature. Steel welds at a lower temperature than iron.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Who said it was steel that caught fire - were plenty of other flammable materials in the debris pile

Now what exactly is flammable in a office thedman? This is what they have fire codes for, no flammable stuff!

Seriously?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
Now what exactly is flammable in a office thedman? This is what they have fire codes for, no flammable stuff!

Seriously?

You really think an office has no flammable contents? What are you basing this upon? I can assure you that I've burned enough office desks and partitions to know that they go up very nicely.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

Have you ever seen the inside of an office building?

Almost everything in a modern office is flammable - it is often made of synthethic (plastic)

That includes carpets (nylon). Cubicle dividers (styrafoam/urethene), chairs (urethene), desks (particle board
with synthetic glue), computer/printers - which have plastic cases and system boards

Add to that tons and tons of plain old paper

Plenty of things to burn - I know I 've had to fight fire in office building......

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Have you ever seen the inside of an office building?
Almost everything in a modern office is flammable - it is often made of synthethic (plastic)
That includes carpets (nylon). Cubicle dividers (styrafoam/urethene), chairs (urethene), desks (particle board
with synthetic glue), computer/printers - which have plastic cases and system boards
Add to that tons and tons of plain old paper Plenty of things to burn - I know I 've had to fight fire in office building......

I am sure that if you spent some time actually looking at fire codes you understand that what you said is completely false.
List of NFPA codes & standards

I don't take your word for it, but hey low and behold there is a website that has the list of codes to comply with!

I am sure somewhere you'll find if you read through them that the least amount of flammable material is required in all office material.

Now back to the WTC and 9/11 you say that so much combustible material was around on 9/11 Tell me this one question:

Why didn't all the paper burn in such hot fires? Yet littering the street was documents, paper everywhere not burned singed or otherwise showing signs of fire at all, why?

So much for that burning theory of yours.

BTW those codes should be a good read!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability

Seriously?

I think you might want to reread those fire codes. They specify what should be fire resistant, but there are few codes specifying what should be fire PROOF. Everything will burn if it gets to a hot enough temperature. Nylon for instance burns at around 500 degrees F, while polyester burns at around 450 degrees F. Even aluminum burns at around 1400 degrees F. I can tell you right now that no computer manufacturer makes a computer that can withstand the temperatures of the sun.

Your beef therefore isn't whether the materials were fireproof, since for all practical purposes there is no such thing. Your beef is whether the temperatures from the fires were hot enough to ignite these fire resistant materials, which is an uphill battle for you since there's no such thing as a cold fire.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

So if office buildings ban flammable items, then why was the Windsor Tower going up like a roman candle? Why did the WTC have a large fire back in the 1970s? Why do they have fire extinguishers and sprinklers in office buildings if they dont have flammable items inside?

top topics

join