It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Sex With Cop's Daughter Leads To Arrest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
She consented.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

She is not old enough to consent.

The age of consent in Canada is 16 and all US states set their limits between 16 and 18.
State laws
Each US state has its own age of consent. Currently state laws set the age of consent at 16, 17 or 18. The most common age is 16.[20]

age of consent 16: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia
age of consent 17: Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Texas
age of consent 18: Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now keep in mind...the boy was not of the age of consent either...so the Cops daughter was equally guilty.

Technically he could arrest the boy, as long as he arrested his daughter also and I imagine a judge would have dismissed the case as BS in short order.

Edit to add: This took place in CA...see below
California
The age of consent is 18, with a misdemeanor if the minor has 3 or fewer years of difference with the major, and potentially a felony if the major is more than 3 years older. It is worth emphasizing that unlike most other states, the close-in-age rule in California (3 years) do not provide an exception nor provide any defense; it merely lowers the crime to a misdemeanor. Under this law, two minors of the exact same age could both be prosecuted. Penalties increase if the minor is under 16 and the major is above 21 or if the minor is more than 3 years younger.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 28-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Technically he could arrest the boy, as long as he arrested his daughter also and I imagine a judge would have dismissed the case as BS in short order.

Absolutely. The court would dismiss. Neither teen would testify against the other out of fear of the other doing the same (and self incrimination). They would both plea the 5th....then what evidence is left? A father's suspicion?

edit on 28-9-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

Originally posted by drock905
You really feel ruining a 15 year Olds life forever is the proper course of action? I guess you never had sex with anyone when you were a teenager. It was consensual, the kids did nothing wrong.

Way to change subject on the copper 'abusing' his power.

Slow clap.

-m0r

hmm, didnt the cop say something along the lines that "i only did it to scare him" which mean in a sence that he knew he had no legal authority to do anything yet he did,..

so is it legal to deprive someone of their freedom , a harsher word would be kidnapping, no
is it legal to accuse someone of something you know is false , no
is mental and verbal torture legal , no ,

i applaud you.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

so your saying youths cant have sex with each other and theres a law that forbids them ?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Unless of course if he walked in on them!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Yeah, the same way teachers only educate to teach them...you know?

I'm guessing you don't.

Ah well, I'm outta this thread - nothing here but hating cops and promoting pedophilia*

-m0r

*look up the definition before you even put a mouse near 'reply' dimwit.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
let me get this straight,

is it illegal for youths to have sex ?

NO

is it illegal to deprive someone of their freedom
YES
is it illegal to mentaly and verbaly torture
YES and YES
is it illegal to accuse someone of something if you know its false
YES

You're wrong. It IS Illegal for youths to have sex. It is called statutory rape. AS the article states, they were cited for underage sex.

In the state of California, the age of consent I believe is 16, but the partner must be within 2 years.

My nephew, who was 17 at the time, recevied a BJ from a 13 year old, and he had to go to court to defend against it.

It was perfectly legitimate for the officer to arrest the boy on suspicion of statutory rape.

You friggin liberal jackasses....

Time for the rubber band to bounce back to the conservative side for a while, or society is doomed.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

haha yeah my gf in highschools dad tried to do that to me i just brought over my 12 gauge when i went to pick up his daugher lol he tried to clean it and couldnt put a over and under back togehter kind of ended up embarssing him self,and sure kids shouldnt be having sex that young but the cop abused his authroity and no laws were broken kids can sleep with kids atleast as the law is on the books now

and if some cop came to my house and tried to threaten my son(when i have one localy) id show him the door and politely remind him he was on private property and to come back with a warrent just like hes mad abotu his daughter NO one will ever get near my son

edit on 28-9-2010 by KilrathiLG because: state more

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

so your saying youths cant have sex with each other and theres a law that forbids them ?

Yep. See my links for specifics. It varies state to state, but more or less consistent.

I'd go further to point out that oral sex is still illegal in half the states.

File as On the books...rarely enforced.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

in california as long as there bolth under 16 its not ilelgal its not statutory rape if he was 17 and she was 14 it might be differnt but california works on the 3 year rule for lack of a better term meaning that if there is no more then a 3 year age gap and she is not UNDER 14 its completely legal cop screwed up and is problay gonna loose his job(grew up in california near sj so i know how there cops work)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

She consented.

She's not legally old enough to consent. (hence the idea of statutory rape folks...)

The cop was perfectly justified in his actions (kid is lucky he didn't do worse). Yes, he does need to have a serious discussion with his daughter, but it also takes two to tango, and this boy must share responsibility for it.

Whatever happened to just making out when you're a teenager? Jeez...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

You're wrong. It IS Illegal for youths to have sex. It is called statutory rape. AS the article states, they were cited for underage sex.

In the state of California, the age of consent I believe is 16, but the partner must be within 2 years.

In cali it is 18. read my post at the top of this page.

You friggin liberal jackasses....

Time for the rubber band to bounce back to the conservative side for a while, or society is doomed.

Jaden

You have a partisan mental disease to start tossing around "Liberal" "Conservative" BS in a thread like this.

Seriouslly what does that have to do with anything.

edit on 28-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

name calling , mature indeed , i applaud you

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
In his defense any boy that has sex with a parents daughter should have this done to them.

All joking aside they both are underage he should have done the same to his daughter.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

(b) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
actualy you proved your self wrong ITS NOT RAPE 14 is less then 3 years away from 15 there for its legal now if he was 4 years older it would be illegal and as long as shes over 14 by a day its legal sex i should know i used to sleep with a cops underage daugheter when i was 19 and she was 17 so i think id know if i had been breaking any laws

rember the key part was that california has a 3 year age gap allowance ie a 20 year old can legaly date a 17 year old under california law

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

i was under the notion that concent was the term used for ADULTS having sex no matter age difference with in the legal boundry.

edit

so is it then this way , minors can have sex with eachother if they have their parents promission ?
what is the legal terms of minors having sex between minors

edit on 28-9-2010 by zerbot565 because: silly legal question

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Actually, it still would be a misdemeanor....so still not legal.

(and the cop is still right...although as mentioned, should arrest his daughter also)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

She consented.

She's not legally old enough to consent. (hence the idea of statutory rape folks...)

The cop was perfectly justified in his actions (kid is lucky he didn't do worse). Yes, he does need to have a serious discussion with his daughter, but it also takes two to tango, and this boy must share responsibility for it.

Whatever happened to just making out when you're a teenager? Jeez...

I used to remember my teenage "criminal" mutually consenting, age-equal, sexual experiences fondly. Then I grew up, got married and ...had two daughters. Now I look at every teenage boy, imagine myself at that age slip into a cold sweat with a pit in my stomach. My dad used to simply answer the door for my sisters dates with a gun on his hip or over the shoulder and have a talk about appropriate behavior before the date...no kidding.

Anyone know if I'd get arrested if I did the same?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

you can get a lisence in montana 1t 15 if you can prove you work on a farm and operate farm equipment laws are differnt alllllll over

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
We had this whole situation explained to us in middle school by the SRO. He said that unless you are at the age of consent, you can get taken to court for rape even if at 15 you said "yes I want this to happen". The cop saying that you "dont mess with a cop's daughter" seemed a little out of line. However he could have pushed the issue and pressed charges against the son and his daughter. Now at that age it does seem wrong to make a child have a sex offender title. If the issue is pressed it will most likely get dropped down to indecent liberties with a minor.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join