It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon has burned 9.500 copies of Army Reserve Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer's memoir

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

not even going to try to argue that but clinton and his cia policy about human rights do come in to play into this as well if you dont believe me thats fine.

im pretty sure you will discount this source but its worth a look and can easily be verified any any google
search

www.papillonsartpalace.com...

beyond this you can say you win this one and im shutting up and letting this thread get back on topic.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Fahrenheit 452

If I were the publisher, I'd print up a million copies at least, and maybe offer the DoD a bulk discount.

Obviously, sales to them are brisk at the moment.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

]The Pentagon has burned 9.500 copies of Army Reserve Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer's memoir "Operation Dark Heart," ... A Department of Defense officials tells Fox News that the department purchased copies of the first printing because they contained information which could cause damage to national security.

Has the Pentagon thought this through properly?
Surely the publisher can just keep doing reprints and turn it into a regular source of income?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
They're burning books! Hate crime! Arrest them!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
For an update, I have seen an unedited version going now for $2200 bid.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

]The Pentagon has burned 9.500 copies of Army Reserve Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer's memoir "Operation Dark Heart," ... A Department of Defense officials tells Fox News that the department purchased copies of the first printing because they contained information which could cause damage to national security.

Has the Pentagon thought this through properly?
Surely the publisher can just keep doing reprints and turn it into a regular source of income?

The publisher(and author) have no issue with the coming reprint of the book changing certain names etc. They just wanted to be payed for what they had already printed. I feel for the author if you have worked in these areas you agree that anything you write can be reviewed and censored for national security reasons. The problem is if the work you do crosses several agencies who clears it? Normally it would be the organization you worked for, at least that is how it was expalined to me. I have plans to write one in about ten years when I think things will have a more realistict chance of passing but, who knows how many groups are going to have to review it first. They really should have a single organization to handle these sorts of things and perhaps FIOAs as well.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Burning books...hmmmm.

I'm sorry...but I just don't like that. I don't care who wrote it, what it says, or why you burned it...it got published and it was cleared for print...now it is a pile of ash.

This is horrible...

Horrible...

edit on 26-9-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Horrible is right. This is what was done during the Nazi reign, they are so afraid of this reaching the people for they know it contains very damning evidence. One more piece of evidence that they had a hand in the events of 911 and our taxes paid for that and now our taxes paid for them to burn evidence of it. Outrageous!

"You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police. Yet in their hearts there is unspoken - unspeakable! - fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts! Words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home, all the more powerful because they are forbidden. These terrify them. A little mouse - a little tiny mouse! - of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic." - Winston Churchill

"Where they have burned books,
they will end in burning human beings." - Heinrich Heine

edit on 9/27/2010 by frimilden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Pentagon Buys & Destroys Book

He was on CNN yesterday.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The pentagon is only buying and destroying the first run of the books. I guess the first run had the stuff that they didn't want mentioned, and the rest of the printings take out the stuff they felt was sensitive. So the unabridged copies went out to the reviewers, but the first run won't hit shelves. After that it will be abridged version. The book is still coming out and you can still get a copy.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by frimilden

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury...................science fiction or premonition?

Would now like to get a copy of this book.

Knowledge is power...............we are all being dumbed down and distracted that way we are easier to control.

edit on 27-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
they probably need to burn the copys for one of their satanic rituals--with scarcity in energys going around these days.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i know were not supposed to talk about such things(as why im not posting a link to it) i have found a torrent claiming to be the unedited version and if its legit and not a computer virus ill let people know they can atleast look for it on torrents but i dont know how we will beable to prove its the unedited one but ill try to keep people posted as to weather or not its legitmate or badnews bears

www.operationdarkheart.com... they sell it still

edit on 27-9-2010 by KilrathiLG because: found a place selling hte book

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The book is now in it's second printing with vast areas blacked out.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Burning books...hmmmm.

I'm sorry...but I just don't like that. I don't care who wrote it, what it says, or why you burned it...it got published and it was cleared for print...now it is a pile of ash.

This is horrible...

Horrible...

I agree 100%. It is horrible, and I'm amazed that more people aren't outraged about it.
I started a thread about this, too (my search somehow didn't turn this one up), and only one other member seemed to be upset about it. (I'll put a link to this thread in mine)

I can't see how people, especially here, can just gloss over the fact that our government is burning books. I don't care what their reasons (excuses) are, burning books is not something that the government of a supposedly free society should be doing. From what I can tell, all the info in the book was years old, and most, if not all, is available to the public anyway.

People here keep asking "what rights have I lost?". Well, here we see it. The right to free speech ends when the government starts burning books it doesn't like. No connect the dots, no fill in the blanks, no two shreds of truth tied together with speculation. Just the US government burning books. This is not a conspiracy theory. It is absolute fact, admitted by the government who aren't even trying to cover it up.

Why isn't everyone outraged about this?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

You summed up my thoughts on this. I am baffled there seems to be no outrage, not even a fleeting grump most anywhere, even here on ATS.

I would have thought this would have been covered on many sites or even more on the MSM, but it doesn't even get the good folks here at ATS going and that is a good pulse check on this.

Burning books is unacceptable it is a show of force on the Pentagons part and the whole Government by extension towards the public's rights.

History has shown that when Governments start burning books nothing good comes of it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join