It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should A Woman Marry Her Rapist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Fail. Try again. There is no law that says consensual sex = rape.

If someone proves in court or by deal that a consensual act = rape than that is a fail of the justice system, but that is not a law. You are twisting the issue to fit your need. That's fine, if you feel that you must make your point by distorting the truth...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Rape is when you take something forcefully that is not yours. There's a huge bloody difference between seduction and rape.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Nope.

The case of Julian Assange hints to right direction. Google it if you aren't aware already.

The ends are same in both cases - getting laid, another by physical force, another by mental force. Not much distinction in my mind.

-v

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Fail for you as there are CURRENTLY men in jail for having CONSENTUAL SEX , then being accused of rape.

The law can be written however they want, it is how the law is PRACTICED that matters.

Edit it to add:

You can be as pissy to me as you want about this.

But, it is no different than false insurance claims or any other false claim for that matter.

There is, has, and always will be a certain percentage of the population that will use whatever means neccessary to further their goals, however if you want to debate this further start a new thread.

edit on 23-9-2010 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

There is, has, and always will be a certain percentage of the population that will use whatever means neccessary to further their goals, however if you want to debate this further start a new thread.

Start a new thread? Who took this thread off topic? (hint: it wasn't me!)

As for your attitude - don't bother - I've never claimed these things don't happen, nor have I ever claimed that I supported those who make false accusations. Don't waste my time with lectures on things we already know...

edit on 23-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Many women marry their rapists. The rape only happens in more civilized form, seduced by chocolate and romance - altogether it is very much a same thing.

-v
How so? Do you mean roofies or something? How is seduction and romance the same as rape?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Explained above, but I'll repeat like a parrot:

(No, I just quote myself instead):

The ends are same in both cases - getting laid, another by physical force, another by mental force. Not much distinction in my mind.

In essence, when the purpose of seduction is merely to get laid and then abandon your partner. Both serve same function. Of course the method applied is distinct, but if the end is same, what's the difference when there are tears in the end of both actions? I do not regard a seducer much better than the rapist. Yes, there is consent in the seduction, but would the true intentions be well known, the consent would be questionable, no?

And when it comes to the women, their only means of rape is seduction, right?

Well, enough chit chat for today, I am off to bed. Have fun!

-v

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

So all forms of sex, consensual or not are equal to rape in your book.

OK.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

One more quick comment before going offline:

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by v01i0

So all forms of sex, consensual or not are equal to rape in your book.

Not ones that include love. Seduction, when used only for purpose of getting laid and then abandon him/her... That's not love. It's very close to a rape. Only methods distinct these two.

I hope you'll understand what I try to say. If not, that's propably my fault. Be well!

-v

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I just don't know. It is a disgusting solution.

I never understood the cultures that blame the women when a man holds them down and rapes them... I mean, it is rape... Against their will! How could you even think about blaming the victim? It goes against the meaning of rape!

In that culture women are blamed for their own rape because unfortunately men are more
powerful than women and men exploit the dominion they hold to their advantage.

It is a simple testament to the current stage of social evolution we humans are going
thru--and there is plenty of blame to go around. Some cultures perform female circumcision
for exactly the same reasons stated above. Some cultures have only recently given
women the right to vote, again for the same reasons.

In the "civilized" culture in America only 200 years stand between the culture we have today
(where women can vote and "...all men are created equal") and the culture we had where
the enslavement of other races of humans was seen as acceptable behavior.

The answer as to how this happens is simple...but it will not be popular. It is because of
the human superstition that we call religion. It is because of the Gods that we create
and the words we put in their mouths.

We are only a few thousand years removed from living in caves, or as clans of roving
simple animals. We first have to shrug off the confines of our superstitions, and survive
the tyranny that will most assuredly attempt to replace it before we can take the
next step forward in our social evolution.

We have had the rock age, the fire age, the bronze age, and as Douglas Adams describes
we are now living thru the silica age. The next age we will pass will be the age of awareness
....and good luck and God(sic) speed to us all.

edit on 23-9-2010 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Pretty weird concept, but if you lived in that culture and grew up around all of these ideas then I'm sure it would seem like a totally different subject altogether. I'm not going to say its right or wrong, but its certainly very strange and I wouldn't want to see that kind of stuff happening closer to home.

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Fail. Try again. There is no law that says consensual sex = rape.

You're right, they just call it drugless date rape instead -- basically when someone is charged for rape because they were verbally forcing and persistent about sexual activity. Oh, and only women are allowed to accuse men of it and have it be taken seriously. Because there are no 300 lb females that would threaten to cut themselves to get a guy to poke them, right? Women are pretty perfect.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

reply to post by wigit

Nope.

The case of Julian Assange hints to right direction. Google it if you aren't aware already.

-v

At least, when it comes to seduction, the opportunity to say no exists.

But if a woman allows herself to have sex when she really doesn't want to, whose fault is that? Men aren't mind readers.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
What type of society would have a newspaper that ran such a headline?

What type of society would have a newspaper forum that ran such a headline thread title?

-ET

edit on 23-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

During the attempted rape, this change to "say no" also exists. You can kick the balls of the attacker, you can pepperspray his eyes, you can hit your nails into his eyes - problem is same as with seduction, many are too weak to resist, so they just yield to the attacker/seducer.

C'mon people, I am not saying that rape and seduction are exactly the same thing. All I am saying that there is very much common in them, when stripped out unnecessary conceptions...

-v

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

reply to post by sezsue

During the attempted rape, this change to "say no" also exists. You can kick the balls of the attacker, you can pepperspray his eyes, you can hit your nails into his eyes - problem is same as with seduction, many are too weak to resist, so they just yield to the attacker/seducer.

C'mon people, I am not saying that rape and seduction are exactly the same thing. All I am saying that there is very much common in them, when stripped out unnecessary conceptions...

-v

"During the attempted rape, this chance to "say no" also exists." and "All I am saying that there is very much in common in them...."

All I can say is "Wow, just......wow".

And, if you are a female, which I'm guessing you are.........I hope none of my sons or stepsons ever get the chance to meet you.......

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Every country and peoples out there think there way and civilization is the best....."Should a woman marry her rapist" spoken and asked from a perspective of a fish in a bowl...... How about this, what option does this woman in this particular situation in this particular land have, other then to marry her rapist?.......In this case in India they don't question the why of it or how.....to them its not a "bad" thing it just is the way it "is"....which just means it is the way it "was" so as to not question the way it "is".....It's hard to feel sorry for these women when at every turn in the path that lead them down this road, to the way things are there now, they would choose to not question the way it is. Or even worse to not do anything about it....Its not only normal for people in those counties, but it is the right thing to do....We all are the product of our environment and social engineering and thoughts.....And going by that......here is a question....What country on earth thinks its the best country?....I'll go with North Korea, after all lil kim and there TV says that they are the best around, and the rest of the world is living in squalor. But so do all leaders and TV's in all countries.

This does not even make sense, and it is the type of thing that makes me very glad to live in a civilized country.

Civilized just means more complicated, and not so in the limelight.....This to happens in civilized countries. Only its known by different names, to both genders. But it also comes down to different options...more civilized options...Or as I like to call them compromises.

How can a country be civilized if they actually consider marrying a rapist a solution to the female's virtue??

Obviously you have not seen the world and other cultures....If you were in some of these other places you would see this question asked more often then not....What do females have virtues?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
There was a girl in high school who was raped by an acquaintance of our circle of friends. He did six months in jail for it. A few years later they got married. We all thought that was VERY strange indeed. BUt of course here in the States, there was certainly no cultural obligation to coalesce.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join