It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for ATS members on vaccinations. Need some input

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
3 days ago my daughter recieved vaccines for measles and chicken pox. Tho I hate the idea of vaccinations the school district where I live will not allow children to attend school without these vaccinations. Yesterday she showed signs of fever and runny nose. I am assuming this is from the vaccination. The question is tho, as of this morning I am getting the same symptoms plus a sore throat. The measles and pox vaccinations are live virus. Is there anyway that I could be getting sick from her recieving the vaccinations?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
From what I am lead to believe, No.
I asked the question when my kid got shots as I haven't had mumps yet and if he got a mild version could I catch it.
The answer was no.

I'm sure there is a line of people who will tell you otherwise though.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yes, it's called viral shedding. Your doctor should have shown you the insert (which is required by law) before they administered the shot.

Your school district cannot disqualify your child on the basis of vaccines. They may claim they are required, but they really aren't. I hope you and your child feel better soon.

Chicken pox
pediatrics.aappublications.org...

Measles
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

edit on 22-9-2010 by METACOMET because: links

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

Doing a quick Google search shows that the incubation period for measles is 10-12 days and the incubation period for chickenpox is 14-16 days, so I don't see any way that either your daughter's or your illness could be measles or chickenpox.

More likely, in my opinion, that you were exposed to someone with a cold or flu in the doctor's waiting room

p.s. I hope you both feel better soon!

edit on 9/22/2010 by americandingbat because: to add p.s.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Doing a quick Google search shows that the incubation period for measles is 10-12 days and the incubation period for chickenpox is 14-16 days, so I don't see any way that either your daughter's or your illness could be measles or chickenpox.

Your figures are only applicable to catching the disease normally.
They have no relevance to the action of a vaccine.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

They're not directly applicable, I'm having trouble finding data on exactly when you would expect either chickenpox or measles to show up after vaccination (best I've found is 6-12 days for measles and "up to a month" for chickenpox).

But if logicalthinking and his daughter are having fever and runny nose I still think it's more likely that they just caught a cold or flu. If they end up with rashes I'll change my opinion

edit to add:
Also, even if those incubation periods aren't directly relevant to logicalthinking's daughter who was vaccinated with live attenuated versions of the virus, they most certainly are relevant to logicalthinking him/herself.

edit on 9/22/2010 by americandingbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
so if they force everyone but your kid to get the vaccine, and your kid goes to shool, it shouldnt matter because all the other kids already recieved their vaccines anyway right?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Your figures are only applicable to catching the disease normally.
They have no relevance to the action of a vaccine.

Can I ask why you assume that the flu like symptons were caused by the vaccinations, rather than the more logical reason, of it being the worlds most common virus?

Use some common sense people

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for the input...Well the excuse that I have heard for the vaccinations in schools of course is the guilt trip one of doctors stating that children with either terminal illnesses or other problems that dont allow them to get the vaccination are then suceptible to obtaining the virus from those who were not vaccinated. While at the doctors visit, he did not ask but told me that I will be bringing my daughter back in 3 months for her flu vaccination and I replied with a simple, "no way buddy" he looked at me like im nuts...He pushes vaccines like they are fountain of youth...not getting it tho...

The original purpose of asking the question is because this isnt the first time she has gotten cold/flu like symptoms a day after getting her vaccinations...Thanks again for the input...

edit on 22-9-2010 by logicalthinking because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
According to this .gov site it is possible for you to catch chicken pox from another persons vaccination, just very rare

Mild Problems
* Soreness or swelling where the shot was given (about 1 out of 5 children and up to 1 out of 3 adolescents and adults)

* Fever (1 person out of 10, or less)

* Mild rash, up to a month after vaccination (1 person out of 25). It is possible for these people to infect other members of their household, but this is extremely rare.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If I were you I wouldn't believe any of the government info on these vaccines. Do some research online and get the 'non-official' information about this.

Basically, many people are saying that these vaccines contain all sorts of viruses, they also contain mercury and some say they contain microchips.

Look into ways of clearing any viruses they may have injected. You might want to check out what a zapper does. Check out how to detox from the mercury.

Most of all, get informed. I cannot emphasise how importaht this is. It is the most important thing you can do. Your children depend on you to protect them. It's your responsibility to find out everything about vaccines, find out the law about whether vaccines can be imposed in this way, it's your responsibility to find out what is in the vaccines, it's your responsibility to do what you can to protect your children. No-one can do this for you, you have to do it yourself.

Research these things and pass the information on.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Check out this thread to see that vaccines aren't even effective. It's a huge scam.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You might want to check out this Natural News article on MMR vaccines:

Vaccination quackery
www.naturalnews.com...

And

Separating fact from fiction. The abortion-related chicken pox vaccine.
www.lifeissues.net...

edit on 22-9-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

If vaccinations weren't successful please explain why things like small pox and polio have been completely wiped out in the Western world. Did they just get bored and decide that they weren't going to infect anyone else? And I'm guessing it's just coincidence that they stopped being common illnesses shortly after the introduction of the vaccines for them.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalthinking
The original purpose of asking the question is because this isnt the first time she has gotten cold/flu like symptoms a day after getting her vaccinations

My kids always get cold/flu like symptoms a few days after getting their shots. It's totally normal. Really though, you should be getting medical advice from a doctor. Not an online open forum.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Originally posted by logicalthinking
The original purpose of asking the question is because this isnt the first time she has gotten cold/flu like symptoms a day after getting her vaccinations

My kids always get cold/flu like symptoms a few days after getting their shots. It's totally normal. Really though, you should be getting medical advice from a doctor. Not an online open forum.

This is the best post in the thread, especially the bolded portion. If a doctor gives medical advice over a forum (or any other medium) without actually seeing the patient or their chart, they can be sued for malpractice and in some extreme cases, have their license revoked.

The ironic part of this is that those without any medical or biological training, and who typically have the least evidence for their claims, freely give medical advice here on a daily basis, regardless of the fact that no treatment, natural or otherwise, works the same in every individual, and regardless of the fact that the person they are advising may or may not have other complications that could prove VERY harmful when combined with even the most innocuous of therapies.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thanks again everyone....Very informative as always

top topics

join