It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we cannot properly explore space...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
...because common man is not deemed as ready for the truth. This is so obviously clear that it's ridiculous even for a simple journeyman like myself. They have us right where they want us...guessing...and it's continuing at a pathetic pace.

Now NASA wants to target specific areas of Mars with the deployment of their two new probes, specific only because they need solar power and a soft place to land.

What an unbelievable joke. Mankind has the technology to study "any" area of Mars and thereby gain vital information to the planets' mysteries...but only if mankind was given the opportunity to do so. Our space program has been hacked apart by forced economic budget cuts, global conflict, and apathy...yeah, right.

Speaking of planned screw-ups, why could we put men on the moon during the late sixties with computers barely the equivalent of a current pocket calculator only to see our egg-heads thirty years later muck up a simple math calculation of metric vs. english numbers thereby causing the crash of a probe sent to Mars?

It doesn't add up. We are being deceived! This might not be Alternative 3, a mind-bending theory which dragonrider eluded to in topics on this site...but, if not, then what's going on?

Somebody doesn't want us out there yet...but WHY?

deleted

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I would think that there is no purposeful supression of space exploration its just an issue of means and will. The USA through NASA, Europe through ESA, etc explore space through National or international agencies because it takes much money and resources to get to space. As knowledge filters down and we become more materially wealthy, people, corporations and other organisations will with the accrual of more money, resources and the will, we`ll be able to get the answers we want for ourselves because we will be in space for ourselves.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
cassini,

With all due respect, your statement sums up the attitude of most people...apathetic and complacent.

I for one grow weary of the ten to twenty year plans which never materialize as initially outlined. I've been waiting for thirty years to get excited about a space program similar to apollo. We were on a fantastic, unbelievable, almost sci-fi pace with our space program and then someone stuck a stick in the spokes and it all came to an abrupt halt. Why?

All that we've seen in the last three decades have been space stations that remain close to home and a smattering of probes (half of which failed). This has been nothing but a token effort at best to appease the apathetic public.

I guess the token effort has succeeded.

deleted

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
deleted, you forget the cold war.

Sure we could be far ahead in exploration now, but the only reason we got to the moon initially was so we could beat the Russians.

That tremendous incentive has gone.

There seems little polticial will or reason to carry out expensive exploration, especially when it is more politically advantagious spending your money on weapons etc. look at NASAs declining budget to see that.

No one is hiding anything, the fact is that people in power just don't give a damn....

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   

from Netchicken:
No one is hiding anything, the fact is that people in power just don't give a damn....

au contraire my favorite chicken...people in power very much give a damn and are keeping thirty years of knowledge from the sheep in a manner that is nothing short of designed pacification.

deleted

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If they're keeping 30 year's of knowledge from us ... How are we to know?

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
e-nonymous,

Unfortunately, there is no singular source for obtaining all supressed knowledge of the space program but one of the front-runners regarding this issue is Richard Hoagland and his associates.

www.enterprisemission.com...

With that said, I might not agree with every theory Hoagland suggests, but my hat is off to him and his crew for countless hours of research on the subject matter.

There simply are not enough people like Hoagland that dedicate their lives toward getting to the bottom of this ongoing space conspiracy...but that doesn't mean the conspiracy doesn't exist.

deleted

hmmm...was not able to access the above site just now but I've been reading his material for years and I'm sure it's a temporary thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
/agree deleted

Space is were we should be, however "we" dont see it as important, I remember hearing about some of congress saying they should cut space funding. That was a very sad thing for me to hear. I don't think the moon landing was hoaxed or anything, but I do believe there are aliens out there, I wouldnt say I believe in aliens, more like I am aware of aliens. I think they have contacted us, and to many if they knew this it could and would upset many belief systems. A person can be smart, people in large groups can be ignorant.

I think we have the technology, but I agree with deleted, they had stealth bomber technology since the 50's you'd be naive to say we don't have the technology for greater space exploration, instead we do little gimp projects as a cover for black ops spending.

I'd love to be able to travel to other inhabbitable planets.

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
~*��Gl�W-�tԩk����J±�*~

You made a very good point:

I think they have contacted us, and to many if they knew this it could and would upset many belief systems.

Let's assume for a moment that the Brooking report...

www.cyberkiko.com...

...impacted all decisions made about future space discoveries.

Why is it so hard to comprehend that every bit of information which could possibly affect the normal lives of the sheep has been quietly "shelved" for future announcement?

deleted

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
"cassini,

With all due respect, your statement sums up the attitude of most people...apathetic and complacent"

My comments are not apathetic and complacent thank you very much (well not much anyway). Can you tell me where you are gonna get the money to go to war (on more than one front) give international aid, deal with your own internal problems (hurricanes, earthquakes etc) and a list of other necessary fucntions and then stick a huge space program on top of it. I will also point out that I am a firm believer that we should be actively in space but that it should be like the years of exploration when the americas were discovered, you know gun ho adventurers using their own initiative and materials. Space must be the province of the masses not the governments.

"Unfortunately, there is no singular source for obtaining all supressed knowledge of the space program but one of the front-runners regarding this issue is Richard Hoagland and his associates.

www.enterprisemission.com... "

Now you have called my comments apathetic and complacent and I`m gonna call yours irresponsible. Richard Hoagland is a man who has demontrated on a number of occassions that he is anything but reliable. You say there are n`t enough people like Hoagland to get to the bottom of this, well I say thank god. They make wild assupmtions and see official evasion as unofficial evidence of their claims. We need less people like him and more who are prepared like Tim Good to do more honest research.

One last thing before we go in to space to colonise, we should really make sure that we do this as a planet together and not divided or with the super science of the future we will take christianity versus islam (and ll the other thing that cause trouble) across the stars and as a race have an eternity of war. Get things sorted out here first then worry about space.

new topics

top topics

join