It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people such idiots?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I would like to ask people, why are you such idiots?

If we do not help other people we are gone.

Are wars helping? NO!

Is kicking people out of countries helping? NO!

Is war helping? NO!

So, do you want to keep living in this world?

Then help others!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It is in our nature. That is the simple and unfortunate answer.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Not all people are idiots, and to generalize like this is also wrong. Maybe even idiotic.

Idiots will always be there, no matter where you are in the world. Just don't stoop to their level, and you should be idiot free.

VVV

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EnactedEgoTrip

Here is an idea.

Help others.

That might dismantle wars . Because it is a pendulum. So, if enough people help others, the pendulum will swing back.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I am replying to the two former posters.

And I am asking them this - do you think fighting is the answer?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
To answer the literal question in the thread title: because the average IQ worldwide is 100. That means over 3 billion out of the 6.7-or-so-billion of us have IQs of less than 100. Chew on that for a bit.

But beyond that, people are carrying over patterns that were ingrained in us since our earliest history as a species. We learned to do many things on our way up the food chain. But what worked yesterday doesn't always work today.

The world is much more crowded than ever. I know that many people on ATS think population isn't a problem, and I understand the fears of NWO-style eugenics/Georgia-guidestones-type stuff, but even so, I don't think it can be denied that at the very least we aren't adjusting ourselves properly to the sheer increase in numbers that has occurred in recent history. Within the lifetimes of many of us posting here, the world poulation has doubled or even tripled! This is totally unprecidented. And the consequences in the "third world" have been horrific. I wonder if any of you have ever been to Lagos, Nigeria, or inland Chinese or Russian factory cities to pick several examples out of many. If so I think you will know what I am getting at.

At the very least we need to change our patterns and find a way to adjust our ancient urges, thought patterns, and behavior patterns to fit the new world we've made for ourselves. I think it is not impossible, but actually in truth I don't hold out much hope. I keep thinking of a big field of rabbits that proliferate like a plague for a single season, eat everything in sight, and then starve to death over the winter. Happens all the time.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Maybe, but it only takes one idiot to ruin a party.

For example, a charity that helps the homeless or otherwise unfortunate in society, only for a beuraucrat in government to pull the funding they relied on because they need to make cuts, and all protests ignored.

Or some CEO wants more resources, buys off the government to go to war for it, and millions of protestors are ignored.

It doesnt matter what good you do, if someone has the means and motive to destroy it, they will and do.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The problem is not with people being idiots ,it's with people thinking they are better than someone else based on how much knowledge they think they have.The ones who think they are smarter are the ones who wage wars,Idiots are happy just being simple and living simply.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Guess what, I would love to have a lower IQ.

When you have a high IQ, you have a lot of problems.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Personally, I get up early and practice my idiocy every morning...much to the dismay of my good wife!
Joking aside, I don't think that people are idiots; they're just selfish and most lack the ability to see the bigger picture and use common sense accordingly.

Righty, That enough sweeping generalisations for me today.

Rev

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
It is in our nature. That is the simple and unfortunate answer.

This post right here hit it on the head. Humans are vile creatures. We hurt the ones we love, so why not everyone else? It's sad, heartbreaking. All we can do is hope that we're living the kind of life those around us would be proud of. A good, decent life where we're kind to others. Maybe after all is said and done, we change our nature after all?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by 12voltz

Guess what, I would love to have a lower IQ.

When you have a high IQ, you have a lot of problems.

I think you'll find that people with lower IQ's have a great many problems/issues too. I dare say that a lot of the issues would also be the same.

Rev

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Are wars helping? NO!

Unfortunately sometimes wars are necessary. (Hitler, etc) Self protection.
But most are not necessary and are kept going by those who REALLY run the world.

do you want to keep living in this world?

No. But for reasons that you haven't mentioned.
I can't wait to ditch this useless transport vehicle (human body) and move on.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper
[

Do you all want the end of the world?

Get over our nature and try to save the world.

If we sit here saying "that is our nature" - we are all dead.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Without war, how would you know peace?

War never changes.
- Fallout 3

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Get over our nature and try to save the world.

You first.

I'll wait a bit and and see who disagrees with you, and how, and how you respond, and so on. Then I'll respond, because I'll have to. That's how these things go. And even if all that happens, will any of us have changed our human nature? "Past performance is no guarantee of future results" and sometimes history pleasantly surprises...but the odds are not looking good to me at the moment, FWIW. Still we cannot abandon hope.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Slight correction (maybe)
There are those born into wealth and power who come to find out it's go-along with the program or get the hell out, and if you leave us don't ever utter a single word of this to...

After an upbringing like that from the PTB. Seeing all that's possible and all they have to loose-IMO most will go along.

I have never heard of anyone getting out alive. We call it greed, maybe they call it survival.

I am not excusing their actions, just some possible reasons.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Hi thunder,

I am now into the end of the world post.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Do you all want the end of the world?

Do you think we (the human race) deserve this world? I don't think we do, because all we do is destroy it with little regard for future generations. And because of that (and a few other things that I'm too lazy to go in to) I believe that we deserve whatever we get, even if that is the destruction of our world in one form or another.

And let's face it whatever comes next has to be better than this mess we live in now; even nothing.

Rev

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Here is an idea.

Help others.

That might dismantle wars . Because it is a pendulum. So, if enough people help others, the pendulum will swing back.

Haha no it wont - as it swings one way, another oppressor or group will fill the gap and prevent it from swinging back. Eventually the status quo will be restored with everyone at each others throats.

Sure, loads of people can work together to make changes, but ultimately, greed, power etc will always control those who don't have any aversion to brutality.

You make it sound as if people can change the minds of those who's minds are set in their ways.

If only...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join