It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate BIOS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Does anyone know who has the best BIOS system for computers?

Of all the ones I've seen I like Dell the best. It gives you pages of info about your computer and has a nice array of booing options.

If you want to boot from cd, usb, hd onboard web or pci web card you just tap the 12 key while booting and simply select your booting choice.

I like their BIOS so much that I would buy a Dell Computer over it. Of course all the BIOS's have come a long way by now on nearly everything I suppose but I can't look into every system to see.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I personally enjoy my Asus m2n68-am BIOS. Its well laid out and it has many features. I have a dell, but she's really old, and the BIOS is...just gross. but its a laptop (and old!) so I can't judge Dell on that.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Most of the modern BIOS today can do that. Any BIOS is best from AMD to WINbios to AWARD.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

Hi Voyager. I myself don't buy off the shelf systems, But i look at the bios as simply being access to fine tune the Features within the motherboard chipsets. Although i use Gigabyte motherboards do find the feature of Booting up on flash drive is not very successfull and fussy. I find that the bios is not anywhere near as important as the as the capability of the motherboard itself, And as long as the bios re flash function is kept simple.

Chears, Robbo.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I heard that. I wouldn't give two cents for a store bought PC, not when I can build my own, my way, for less that half what the one in the store costs. I repair computers for a part time hobby and cash income, and in my opinion, Dells are junk from the factory, most have only USB ports for mouse/keyboard, and Windows XP will not load drivers, so you cannot install XP, unless of course you use the restore dick, which usually creates a new partition and gains the virus/trojan/malware you were trying to get rid of in the first place. Just a few days ago I had a Dell dimension in here, the lady had few the restore dick in three times, she said. the hard drive had 7 Windows partitions on it, taking up most of a 160Gb drive. Computer parts are very easy to order, cheap to buy, and easy to assemble, all you need is a Phillips screwdriver and a little patience, and of course an operating system. Try piratebay.org, look for what you want to download in there. They have everything.

top topics

join