It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to do a the peoples strike!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Here in London there is a tube strike, recently there has been plane strikes. tube, train strikes, everyone seems to be striking and it affects us the people. So what if the people stood up and striked against companies putting them out for always striking, for charging such high rates and not actually giving a good service it seems but more concerned about their profit margins.

We the people need to say enough! we need to stand up and demand lower fares, demand better customer service and demand businesses to give more benefits such as:

Working less hours a week! (who on earth decided 5 days a week for a normal 9 to 5 that usually ends up to be a 12 hour shift cus our work culture makes its workers stay late.)

More holiday leave

Paying for transport to work

We the people need to stand up and demand that this societies leaders know that we want a better standard of life, we do not want to be slaves anymore, we will not be slaves.

Does anyone else feel so frustrated by how wrong this society is in the way its people are treated. Should our reality really be so consumed with making profit for a business, and making the people at the top even richer! how much more can we take?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by misuneko

The Dr Pepper Snapple Group, the corporate conglomerate that owns Mott’s, has been trying to cut the pay of workers at the apple juice company in Williamson, N.Y., even as it reported net income of $555 million in 2009. An article by Steve Greenhouse in the New York Times today quotes a Dr Pepper Snapple spokesman defending the company’s race to the bottom.

Chris Barnes, a company spokesman, said Dr Pepper Snapple was seeking a $1.50-an-hour wage cut, a pension freeze and other concessions to bring the plant’s costs in line with “local and industry standards.”

blog.aflcio.org...

$555 Million profit and they want to cut expenses, employees first at $3,000 USD per employee per year. Apparently their stock holders demand more profit.

Yes. People need to stick it to these corporations that care about profit over the people that make it all happen for them. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with making a profit, but what ever happened to doing the right thing. The right thing isn't providing a job. The right thing is treating people and employees with a bit of respect. These Dr. Pepper, Snapple employees just got teabagged by their company...or at least they might as well have held them down and tea-bagged them all. Next please!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm down everyone should strike

I agree but it's going to take a few years and strong campaign of awareness to get it done

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

one day there will be a reckoning
and to further quote Doc Holliday

"I'm your huckleberry !!!"

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
I'm down everyone should strike

as much as I hope this happens
I don't believe it will.

why???

cuz it would hurt us more than them
and not many are willing to go to
poverty status to make it happen.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Shut up slaves!!! Sounds like you're doin some thinking. Obviously we ain't workin ya hard enough if you got time for thinking.

We love you, trust us, its for the good of humanity. Now STFU and get back to work.

LOL (Thats was sarcasm. For those who are sarcastically challenged)

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I hope I become rich magically, so that I can create businesses where a majority of the profits are given to the people who work their or passed onto the consumer. I'll take some off the top, but I believe the people who do the work, and who buy my product should receive the greater benefit. Guess this is why I am not rich.

new topics

top topics

join