It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About The Epic Beard Man Viral Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The Truth About The Epic Beard Man Viral Video

www.cracked.com

Back in February, a fight took place on a public bus in Oakland. A week later, four million people had watched the video on YouTube. "AC Transit Bust Fight I Am a Motherf****r" featured all the key ingredients for a video to go viral: colorful characters, a silly catchphrase, and most importantly, someone getting badly injured.

Read more: www.cracked.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Brilliant article I just read by Cracked.com. Makes me think the whole Epic Beard Man fiasco may have just been used to stir up racial tensions.

Although the article uses a lot of Youtube members opinions to back up statements it is still a great read. Anyone who has spent half an hour on YouTube knows people spew horrible garbage in the comments section any chance they get!

The article goes into some background about EBM which gives some insight into a mentally disturbed old man. The most shocking part I read was that the black man in the video is 50 years old, so not a young thug as put across in the tags. Anyone else think he looks pretty damn good for 50?

Anyway have a read it really sheds some light on the issue.

www.cracked.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Nobody knew he was 50?

Let me be the first to say 'BS'.

The first time I watched that I caught onto the fact that he was 50. In fact, when I read this article you provided, it started off by saying this old man beat up a 'teenager', right away I was like WTF? He wasnt a teenager, he was over 50. Only later when I got to the bottom of this article did I find out that this is the point the author was trying to make, like nobody knew this information already.

Fact of the matter is, these two started talkin trash to one another, and one got his a$$ beat.

edit-

EBM lives on.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

The most shocking part I read was that the black man in the video is 50 years old, so not a young thug as put across in the tags.

Firstly, I'm not quite sure why you were so shocked about that part, the black guy says he is 50 years old in the video, so you would think it would be less shocking to find out.

Secondly, they go into a big thing about who started it in that article. I'm not sure that really matters. Let's say the whole thing was completely started by the white guy.

Well, the white guy got up and decided he was through with it and it was the other guy who went over to him and started the actual physicial confrontation, that much is obvious.

As far as paying any attention to youtube comments, well that seems not too bright. There are lots of people who post comments on there just to be inflammatory and probably don't even really feel the way they posted, but its pretty much anonymous so, thats how they roll.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Pimpish]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

This comes down to one thing for me and that is----the white guy walked away and the black guy kept it going. It is that simple. All the rest is just filler to me. The Black guy no matter of his age had it coming.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
thats old ... its not really breaking news ... everyone that did a little research would find out that the beard man is a psycho ...

there is a documentary about him in youtube, very good ... the guy is nuts, but he tries to be a good person

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies folks.

I had only seen the video once, and i didn't hear him mention he was 50 I'm sure if I played it again whilst looking out for it I would notice it. But you are right the 'old' white guy did walk away.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't like that article, .... I DONT LIKE IT !

Taking a stab at the beard man's epicness !!

It's just blasphemy !!

He's crazy all right, ..... crazy like a fox !

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Honestly, the only thing extra-ordinary about the story was that it became a viral video.

People getting into fights on Bay Area transit systems both bus and rail is a common sight every 2 to 3 days. Sadly, the ones I've seen have been over seats and scuffed shoes...

I got a kick out of the old white guy because he was on the news a few weeks before getting Tasered at an Oakland As game.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Coincidentally, I was going through some of the older threads on ATS a couple of weeks ago, and came across this thread about ''EBM''.

As this was the first I'd heard about it, I found the original ATS thread compelling reading, and many of the posts were amusing and disturbing in equal measure.

67 year old man beats the hell out of thug on bus

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I remember seeing that thread while I was still a lurker, but that was actually where I first heard about him. It wasn't really reported in the UK as far as I remember. I suppose that's why I am the only one who was surprised by the Cracked article.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Psyop to me aswell.

Black vs White

Old vs Young

War "Hero" vs Drug Dealer

Something like that - and holy duck - it worked - the amount of disgusting racist comments from most on the youtube comments was a disgrace. I felt ashamed to be related to the human race after that one...

Lucky it didn't get out of hand like iot could have...another fail to the psyops group!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The world is a sad place when Cracked.com is considered a good source of factual editorials.
Plain and simple. Old guy walked away, younger guy followed---egged on by ebonical ranting, and made some obvious physical contact.

That calls for an @$$ whipping right there.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
double post.
sorry

[edit on 9/5/2010 by gotrox]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Stir up racial tension?
..but the video was shot by a black woman that was looking to capture a old white man getting beat up by a black man.

It wasn't it until it backfired that she decided to steal the old man's bag of goodies.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Do not doubt Epic Beard Man's epicness!

He walked away and the other guy wouldn't shut up. Got what he deserved.

Now someone call him an ambalance!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Brilliant article I just read by Cracked.com. Makes me think the whole Epic Beard Man fiasco may have just been used to stir up racial tensions

There's always someone out there trying to turn everything into a race issue. The black guy was the aggressor, you can see him taking the first punch. An old lady even tried to hold him back as he went after the older white guy. I couldn't make much sense out of the Cracked article except it's trying to say neither of these two were who they seemed - well d'uh, whoever captioned the Youtube video initially that set off this "viral video" obviously had no idea about their backgrounds, just commented on what it appeared - old white guy beats up an aggressive younger black guy after both lambasted bus passengers with earfuls of cursing.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

I can't believe we got so far into this thread without mention of the 'Amber Lamps'.

Crappy article with very little research done and hug presumptions about what the readership already knows (Or doesn't as the article implies).

Only thing that made it better was Miss Lampsbeing mentioned and that was 12 posts into a thread here.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
She exists in a world beyond your world. What we only fantasize, she does. She lives a life where nothing is beyond her. But you know what? It's all a facade. For all her charm and charisma, her wealth, her expensive toys... she's a driven, unflinching, calculating machine. She takes what she wants, when she wants... and disappears.

AMBER LAMPS she is a goddess here on Earth. Listening to her music not even mortal man's battle disturbs her concentration.

I love you Amber Lamps

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join