It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ingots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Does anyone have any additional info on this:

The Ingots
(also known as Lingots?)

According to the "Agence France-Press" about ingots during the final years of French involvement in Indochina, they were seen burrowing everywhere. Old Indochina veterans in the French army could never explain them or where they came from, and there is no record of American sightings during this country's involvement later. General Jean de Lattre de Tassigny, supreme commander of French forces in Indochina, was so unnerved by sighting of burrowing ingots and the lack of information about them that he brought in a special team of researchers, who apparently found nothing. The ingot is like no other creature reported on earth, and it contributed to the general weirdness of the French experience in Indochina. Ingots were reported in large numbers in 1953 around the North Vietnamese site where an entire French regiment vanished without a trace. This disappearance may have had nothing to do with ingots, but there are still old veterans in the cafes of Paris, Bordeaux and Marseilles who swear there was a connection. Incidentally, the reality of the disappearing regiment is well-documented. For a few years in the 1950s, burrowing ingots made big news in France. But France, like the US later, hid its Indochinese veterans and paid little attention to their stories... about anything. Such is defeat.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Are the big or small like a mole or realy big are they scary and eat meat or things like animals sounds interesting. never herad of it before! are there pictures of these things some where? any body got any links?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Ingots in USA?

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OniShiro
Ingots in USA?

paranormal.about.com...

Thats where my info came from, been unable to find anything whatsoever about this.
I also had read a brief story somewhere in a Charles Berlitz book....but other than that....nada....no clue

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What are they? Hmmm weird.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The French apparently saw a burrowing amphibian called a Caecilian -- at least according to various informational sites on the internet. I could find no account of ingots/lingots other than this post, which appears on many boards in and out of its original context. I did try searches in French, and tried to search Agence France-Press but had no luck.

I would personally be very interested in new information/resources about this story. I can't find any historical info even in the posts that claim the lingots were caecilians. Someone, somewhere, must know more!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Odd. I can't find anything on L/Ingots apart from the Indochinese thing and the dumpster woman.
You'd think something like that (especially the Indochinese one) would have been a bit more informed.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
My first thought was maybe a Tattselwurm (spelling?). This critter is reputed to live in the Austrian alps, I believe. My dad told me a story involving a tattselworm when I was a child, and this seems to match at least a little.

Weeeldoggy! Imagine my surprise when I linked onto the site given and low and behold, good ole Tattselwurm

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I just had an idea.
Maybe the creature was only a juvenile, some kind of larva or something.
That might explain its lack of fear what with it being young.
That would mean it grew into something, gulp, bigger

top topics

join