It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the Presidents of the United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Tonight is another boring night. While reading about the historical rankings of Presidents of the United States on wikipedia.
en.wikipedia.org...

I wanted to see what my other members on ATS think about our current and former President's. I want to see how they rate our leaders that we have had.
There have been 43 people to hold the office of the U.S. A lot of great men.
Rate and you could explain why you like or don't like these leaders who been president.
Just something fun we can do tonight while we pass the time.
You don't have to rate every President. At least give us your views on a few bad and good fruits that get your attention.

My favorite leaders: Thomas Jefferson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Harry S. Truman, John F. Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Theodore Roosevelt, James K. Polk, Woodrow Wilson, James Madison, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, George Washington and Grover Cleveland.

My least favorites: James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce, Millard Fillmore, Zachary Taylor, Richard Nixon, Lyndon B. Johnson, Warren G. Harding, Benjamin Harrison, William Howard Taft, George Bush Jr. and Barack Obama.

People I think did a lot but shouldn't of been president: Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush. Both Bush and Carter are great people but seem to frail in American politics.

I like Herbert Hoover but he reminds me of President Obama. Barack Obama’s current handling of the Recession, he is more like Hoover than Roosevelt including counting on banks to increase loans (which they were hesitant to do for both Hoover and Obama) and running deficit spending (it was campaigning against deficit spending that helped Roosevelt win the presidency in 1932).

Now you can be foreign and still have a favorite President. Keep it civil and fun!!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Polk, Reagan, Truman, Madison, Jefferson, Jackson, Washington, Lincoln, Adams, Eisenhower...my top 10.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well, i'm not a US citizen, but I do admire George Washington, because he did got the balls to be an army general leading the revolution + first president.

(Edit: unlike Bush, who claimed to be a dog fighter pilot and went on that carrier "mission accomplished" in fighter uniform... lame hypocrite who hides behind secret service )

[edit on 26-8-2010 by nagabonar]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Bill Clinton. For the fastest economic recovery and growth in peacetime history. For also rejecting PNAC's demand to invade Iraq.

Least favorites. Obama and Bush. For this reason and plenty of others.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar
Well, i'm not a US citizen, but I do admire George Washington, because he did got the balls to be an army general leading the revolution + first president.

(Edit: unlike Bush, who claimed to be a dog fighter pilot and went on that carrier "mission accomplished" in fighter uniform... lame hypocrite who hides behind secret service )

[edit on 26-8-2010 by nagabonar]

You would also like Dwight Eisenhower he was a general in WW2. Former President's Kennedy and Nixon were also in WW2; I believe Carter was in the Navy.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

President Clinton was awesome. If only we can have another President Clinton.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I am also not a US citizen (I'm from the UK) but am to an admirer of Bill Clinton.

Of course, as a foreigner, I don't feel the domestic effects of any particular president's policies.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by kaybee5000]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Top 10

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
Andrew Johnson
James K. Polk
Abraham Lincoln
Theodore Roosevelt
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Harry S. Truman
Dwight D. Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy

I don't really have any 'worsts' since I don't know much about presidents before 1900.

Worst after 1900:

William Howard Taft
Woodrow Wilson
Herbert Hoover
Richard Nixon
Gerald Ford
Ronald Reagan
George H.W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush
Barack Obama

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I prefer the band "Presidents of the United States"

At least they make more sense than the presidents we've been dealing with in the last few decades.

"She's Lump. She's Lump. She's Lump. She's in my head."

See. Makes more sense.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
FDR, Kennedy, Clinton are my favorites

Bush W, Reagan for the worst

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Here is an interesting documentary on the 1992 Presidential Election. Worth watching.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

And turned down being made King.

Uh, sorry, that made no sense. "Lame hypocrite who hides behind the Secret Service"? WTF, over?

Bush was a fighter pilot and had passed checkrides to continue being one.

Anyways, Andrew Jackson was kick ass!!

For bad Presidents? Well, Truman pretty much sucked and had a rating probably worse than W.

Carter sucked, too.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by jerico65]

join