It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Video - Who's behind this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

In the last hour I came across this video on YouTube. I was shocked. This is a kid who looks like he's 13 of age and he is promoting Newport cigarettes. My beef isn't with the kid though.

Read the comments. They are practically praising him for killing himself with Newports. Lorillard Tobacco Company will go at any length to kill you even if it means exploiting young children and making fake comments to give this kid a sense of accomplishment. Big Tobacco is ruthless. Protect your children. This is just disgusting.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Values_Truth]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Looks like you're new to youth culture. I have seen worse in my neighborhood.I do agree with you on this issue it has become like a joke. But what can you do about it?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
this appears to be some sort of fad going around.
If u look in the side bar, there are quite a few more
videos of kids just smoking.

I have no right to criticize them,
I started smoking at 15

then I quit

then I started back again

then I quit

then I started back again

and before ya know it, I had finished
off a pack all by myself in one afternoon

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

There is some kind of fad going on youtube videos. There was a guy who put up videos of him chewing tobacco. Which seem to get him over a thousand subscribers.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If you look at related videos you will see there is actually quite a few of them that show children smoking and comments that are praising them for it. Big Tobacco is behind the posting of these comments. They are attempting to influence these children and other young ones who watch these videos. Big Tobacco should be held accountable for such low tactics. Big Tobacco wants younger addicts because through their lifetime they will add to the profits.. This has to change.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It is illegal to sell cigarettes to somebody that young. How come YouTube allows these videos on their site?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It's not disturbing. I've seen hundreds of kids smoking. I was one of them back then and I've seen kids do a lot worse than light up a cigarrette and take a few puffs

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
LMAO did you gusy read the comments? they're encouraging him to smoke to see his progress. this is hilarious.

and if you look to your right, you'll see countless videos of kids recording themselves smoking a cig.

i can't believe they still think its cool to smoke, smokers are rejected by society, i would know. i've been yelled at on cruise ships, cursed at by people who walked by me when i'm smoking and much much more.

there should be a smokers conspiracy. something like smoking actually helps you fight against the chemicals in chemtrail or its a test to see who's afraid of death and non-smokers are going to hell while smokers gets to puff on fine cigs in heaven. iono, there should be.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It is illegal to sell cigarettes to somebody that young. How come YouTube allows these videos on their site?

SHHHH, this is part of that little bit of freedom thats left, SHHHHHHH

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Values_Truth

Monkey see, Monkey Do

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Boondock-saint.....

The influence of such material knows no bounds.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65d628afd8e0.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Tobacco executives we're responsible for the uploading of these videos. It is obvious that all the comments were posted by fake users created solely to positively reinforce others watching and make smoking seem 'cool' . I have a gut feeling that Big Tobacco was behind the creation of these videos and the comments that were made. I have no evidence, but the coincidences are too great. Anyways, the video has been removed but I'm sure Lorillard Tobacco Company gained a few new young users with their underground advertisement.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Values_Truth]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
[edit on 25-8-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

new topics

top topics

join