It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI's ET hunt narrows down search to 150 locations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Date:
2003-03-14

Search For ET To Look Again At 150 Signals
BERKELEY � After more than a million years of computation by more than 4 million computers worldwide, the SETI@home screensaver that crunches data in search of intelligent signals from space has produced a list of candidate radio sources that deserve a second look.

Three members of the SETI@home team will head to Puerto Rico this month to point the Arecibo radio telescope at up to 150 spots identified as the source of possible signals from intelligent civilizations

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I do hope they find... but I have a feeling they won't... but it will be revealed to us... as a race... you won't find them if they don't want you to...

(but that doesn't mean stop trying)

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by joehayner]

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well, I think they will find and have found signals already. However, I'm pretty sure we won't know the truth about it all.

However, lately it seeems like we are sort of being geared toword something so I guess if they tell us "yes we found a signal" I won't be to surprized.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
...And to think that, if it weren't for people volunteering their computers for processing, it would be decades, if ever, before they could even give us *this* much news...

Kudos to those who run the Seti@Home program! (Myself included...
)

new topics

top topics

join