It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Pleae excuse spelling grammer ect., I have MS Fibromyaliga and associated dyslexa'

I know atrocities have been carried out in the name of politics such as Stalin and Pol Pot, maybe their political belief was their relgion. Never has politics carried out such violence as the religiions

From burning of witches by Christian to Taliban stonning...only this week, religion really seems to me to be full of violence.

The Bible Quoran are both full of a vengful God/Father, yet I love my children come what may. God of the Muslims Christian and Jews says follow me to the letter or else.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Where have you been??? This is old news as far as I'm concerned.
People kill. Doesn't matter if you believe in God, or some book that talks about God, or you believe in the sun. Nobody is forcing you to pull the trigger, or raise your knife, or fly a plane into a building. Doesn't anybody have responsibility for their actions anymore?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
And why don't people listen to their hearts instead of following any religion that promotes violence and death. We all know killing wrong - come on people wake up!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It is reasonable to claim that with or without religion, that there are humans who ARE in fact capable of committing senseless and beastly acts such as murder.

BUT... I COMPLETELY believe that religion has caused regular sensible human beings to in FACT murder others, COUNTLESS amounts of time throughout history primarily for the reason of their organized religious beliefs.

Naturally there have been many acts of murder throughout history to which religion was not a factor, but I STRONGLY believe it is UNDENIABLE FACT that had religion NEVER been FABRICATED, that COUNTLESS amounts of human beings throughout history would NOT have been VICTIMS of such miserable suffering and then ultimately DEATH.

People would have to be BLIND to not acknowledge and accept that as FACT.

I personally believe the planet would have been MUCH better off without religion. MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, better off without it.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

,You are right I am questioning mankinds inhumanity to mankind, no other species does it, Yet people do in the name of an all loving God /Allah

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
Pleae excuse spelling grammer ect., I have MS Fibromyaliga and associated dyslexa'

my immediate response is to ask if you've ever got a workup on a 'low Thyroid' problem... which is mis-diagnoised by 90% of the 'physicians'

keep up your spirit !

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There is a vitally important aspect of education which is missing....human values. These are our natural birthright, our natural tendency and form the basis for Common Law, which is the only real law.

Common Law is based on the most simple of religions/spiritual/human (call it what you will) values.....ie. to not hurt the body or the property of another person.

IMO these universal human values are present in all the major religions - but have been corrupted and polluted by power hungry, greedy men to alter spiritual teachings to fulfill their own evil purposes.

If we were to ditch all religious teachings except these few simple truths, the world would be a peaceful place.

The main problem with our perception of religions today is largely a semantic one, they are called 'religions' to mask the fact that they are politcal tools and weapons and a means for social manipulation.

The true meaning of the word 'religion' comes from its latin root - re ligare, to bind together again ie. to reconnect with our interconnectedness and our oneness). Any so-called 'religion' which does not have that as its absolute goal, in practice as well as in word, is a travesty and should be treated as such.

Most of the main religions today teach divisiveness. - This is the total opposite of what the word religion means, and is a political tool to cause divisions amongst the people of the world in order to more easily control them.

The greatest fear of those who form the Cess-Pit which governs us is that the people of the world are united in harmony.

Warmongers don't like harmony. Exploiters don't like mututally supportive peoples, politicians don't like a cohesive, strong electorate.

It is well overdue that people wake up and start to rely on their common sense and not on the garbage spewed by these evil idiots. The death of common sense is what has facilited the abominations which are rampant today, and carried out in the name of politics and religion - which are in fact different facets of one and the same thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yey! We've lived in a world dominated by thought for too long. Our survival depends on us re-connecting with our hearts, and acting out of them.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

,You are right I am questioning mankinds inhumanity to mankind, no other species does it, Yet people do in the name of an all loving God /Allah

you are right people do and have in the name of god.....
what is your argument then if they abolish religion? do you sincerely believe that killing would stop if we didn't believe in god/religion? what would you blame it on then?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

If religion WAS abolished, it is COMPLETELY reasonable to assume that a huge majority of the hate and killing upon the planet would lessen SIGNIFICANTLY. Once abolished, the results would naturally take an undetermined amount of time due to those in existence whom are already victims of the religious brainwashing.

Once the population of the earth was cured of this sickness, there is no doubt much of the senseless ignorance, hate, and killing would cease.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Baloney, I think we've decided to agree to disagree. I believe in god.....not religion, you hate religion....I think we both have an understanding here. We've gone back and forth on this on another post and it never goes anywhere, dont you agree? I'd rather hear from the OP at this point, they can speak for themselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by Baloney

Baloney, I think we've decided to agree to disagree. I believe in god.....not religion, you hate religion....I think we both have an understanding here. We've gone back and forth on this on another post and it never goes anywhere, dont you agree? I'd rather hear from the OP at this point, they can speak for themselves.

It really doesnt matter to me one bit if you would rather not hear what I have to say. This is a public forum and I have the right to discuss this topic just as you do. You are forced to deal with that, or you may TUNE OUT.

Clearly my views bring you great discomfort. But the truth is the truth and I shall stay involved in this discussion for as long as I wish to do so.

EDIT to add: ------------------
In regards to my position of "God", I do NOT rule out that possibility at all. In fact I DO believe in a higher power. But I also DO believe that Religion is a man-made creation that contains ZERO truth, and serves NO useful or righteous purpose in regards to the planet or any living things upon it.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Not at all. Just putting things in context. You personally responded to me....had I personally responded to you first, then your opinion would hold merit. I couldn't care less, Baloney. Please be on the lookout for a thread I will post in the near future. I think it could serve you well to read it. Guess what? It has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

(edit for "couldn't care less" is the correct expression!)

[edit on 8/17/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
@Baloney

People kill for what ever reason they can justify. In the name of Religion(Inquisition), Nationality(Nazi Germany), Economics(Stalin), Social Betterment(Pol Pot).....

Should we ban and remove pick one?

Or accept that people just kill and only try to justify their actions?

A challenge to you (and an educational and enlightening one):

Watch the anime (in English) "Dante's Inferno" and then read the book of Matthew from the New Testament.

Compair and Contrast.

It opened my eyes.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by NEMOats]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NEMOats

I'm not the one who needs clarifying NEMO....I never said religion was the sole reason, I think you need to reread all of our posts....

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Sorry EndTimeWarrior,

Posted in to much haste....corrected.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NEMOats
@Baloney

Watch the anime (in English) "Dante's Inferno" and then read the book of Matthew from the New Testament.

Compair and Contrast.

It opened my eyes.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by NEMOats]

If the book of Matthew or ANY book found within the NT "opened your eyes" then no amount of reasonable common sense shall cause you to see the obvious in regards to this discussion.

Nor would it prevent you from forming your own conclusion of what I was saying. You didnt grasp anything that was posted. That is usually common occurrence of those still under the delusion of the NT.

new topics

top topics

join