It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New reasons why homosexuals should not be able to use sperm donors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Its all good, you just need a bull in ya life to get you on track wit it wit it ma thats all. I again dont bash but shall clarify, and no hail natas for he cares not of you just of the soul you possess.. Have what you like SATANS kingdom is inperfect and designed to misguide all, this is why I dont bash I am considerate of you alls feelings and wants to be good and its heard JUST VERY CONFUSING BECAUSE YOU WERE GIVEN OPPOSITE PAIRS.

PEACE AND CATCH UP TO YOU upon entrance to the GATES 1 hopes, you are all children of the same creator and THOU IS OUR ONLY JUDGE not I nor any other.

[edit on 8/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Children are socialized from birth if you can't take a boy and a girl at age two and say they are naturally different. Sorry but its not a controlled case study. The only way to avoid this is though no knowing the sex of the child from the minute of birth. the similarities at day one are the same. I read a study that proved this fact Girls are actually socialized faster.

Chemically the only differences is temper and learning style and even that can be off due to estrogen and testosterone levels.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

I don't think we have the right to SLANDER someones name or character by calling them a bigot.

I have the same rights as the op making bigot claims. He is not backing up his "slander" with facts, he is instead just doing what I am doing. Perhaps that was my point?

Gays can't have kids cus its hard for the kids!

People who don't think gays should have kids are bigots!

See the parallel?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

One, I am straight and like men but hey ya never know.

Two, I THRIVE in chaos, Utopia bores me. Thank you very much, Hail the goddess of destruction

Three, I'm and evolutions there is no creator who created me my mom and dad got freaky in the back seat of a car at 16. Nine months later I was born, through cell division and growth

EDIT: Sorry not sure where my parents did it but they were teens and had to do it some were.. Car is the classic

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Xiamara]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Wait are you suggesting that we should not live under religious sharia law like the taliban? blasphemy!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

I say we live without religion!!!! but Darwin could make a good god has the whole wise beard thing going on.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Ok, baby thats fine. I am to groovy a spirit to get too deep into this type of stuff but again I shall clarify where needed.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

You really are a groovy spirit it takes a lot of will to not get into something like this, I regularly fail, so even though we disagree I just thought I'd say that this was big of you.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think proving you are physically/mentally fit - - intelligent - - accomplished - - and have a career - - - before you are allowed to have a child - - is a far better qualification then gender.

Rather then deny gays rights to a baby - - - lets deny and stop irresponsible reproduction.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

The problem is, I am stating my opinion. I am not trashing other peoples opinion, but thinking about them, and responding in a respectful way.

I am not criticizing them, their views, their religion, or their way of life. I am merely stating what I think is right and wrong. Attempting to defend my position, and accepting everyone else's opinion for what it is and respecting them for it. I would never tell someone that they are evil because they are homosexual, as I don't believe this, but I will say that in my opinion it is wrong for them to raise a child and give my reasoning.

You calling someone a bigot is not present an argument to the debate, but it is just pointless name calling that does nothing but offend people, and make them not want to come and share there opinion for fear of what they will be called by intolerant people like yourself.

Your view that homosexuals should be able to raise children is fine with me, I do not think any less of you for it. I think you are wrong, but that does not effect my opinion of you.

Is this really that big of a problem for you?
By the way, no one said your comments were bigotry. But is it necessary to scream this word every time someone agrees with you.

This probably needs to be it's own thread, but this has become a major problem with our society as well. No one seems to be willing to accept that they are doing something wrong, and when someone tells them they are it is the other persons intolerance that is wrong, not the act that is being committed. This is very sad, as there are things that are right and wrong, and pointing them out to someone can be useful to both parties.

I am not saying that it is okay to force someone to do something, but stating write and wrong is okay. Whether you listen or not is your problem not mine.

So I am telling you it is wrong to call someone a bigot for stating an opinion. If they state an opinion of hate that is different. But no one said all homosexuals should be rounded up and killed. That would be bigotry, giving an opinion on morals is not.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by russ212]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Definitely, probably the most logical thing that can be done but it wont happen.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Stating that a homosexual couple cannot raise a child for the child's sake is necessarily slander and an attack on homosexuals unless you are justifying it with pragmatic data and empirical evidence.

It is identical to me calling you a bigot, which is just "my opinion" and not necessarily "factual."

If you can say gays can't raise children I can say people who think gays can't raise children are bigots. You are trying to create a double standard.

My argument in this debate is that the view that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to raise children is identical to the view that blacks are subhuman and should be slaves for their own good.

EG, bigoted. I am contributing, you just don't like my opinion. My opinion is that the people pushing to deny gays the right to raise children are bigots, that is my contribution to the debate.

From wiktionary:
en.wiktionary.org...

[edit] Noun

bigot (plural bigots)

one who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices
one who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

You are so homophobic that you would deny homosexuals the right to raise children, in my mind this qualifies as:
"one who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ."

Similarly, if you said blacks were subhuman and provided no evidence and I said you were exhibiting strong racism I would be contributing even though you didn't like what I had to say.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by Annee

Very true. I'm talking literally the effects of testosterone vs. estrogen. As well as brain structure. Men are wired to look at the overall vs. women who examine the details. As well men are slightly more aggressive as a whole due to the testosterone increase, if I remember correctly. This defiantly could evolve though I am one for Darwin.

Not only am I an evolutionist - I'm a futurist.

Life can not stay stationary or stagnant. Life must evolve.

I'd choose selective breeding - - - rather then deny gays Equal Rights.

There are a lot of very accomplished Gays - - that deserve to be in that selective breeding pool.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

I will not get drawn into this. But there is a difference. Calling someone a bigot is a very bold statement. It is very hard language. I request debate on the topic. This is not debate. Provide your opinion about the topic or evidence, but don't make personal attacks.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

THanks, I am no hater.
2nd peace

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Very true, and there are some damn good looking gay men.. Oh Lafayette and Jesus on True blood, so hot. Defiantly want to see some more men like that on the market. And Gay men has impeccable style.

The human mind is defiantly changing. The internet generation is brilliant, yet some are dumb as a box of rocks but oh well... Some people are getting smarter.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Here is an interesting link that I found that is proof of my opinion.

www.orthodoxytoday.org...

The following one is some other interesting opinions and facts on the subject

www.youdebate.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

I wonder if a homosexual might feel that being told he or she shouldn't have the right to raise children would consider that a "personal attack" or not?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

Explanation: Uhm??? You might like to reaquaint oneself with the ATS T&C's! Here is why...

Terms & Conditions Summary: The below specific and itemized rules not withstanding, all members are expected to participate with the same common every-day social graces used in civilized mixed company. Our desire is to foster an environment of civil decorum that enables our members to discuss highly provocative and intensely speculative topics without concern over personal attacks or insults.

Note: All Edits to the above to bold, underline and or italicalize were done by OL for clarity!

Specifically...

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

And the difference in tone between yours and this treads OP'ers posts are quite astonishing! And its LIBEL [written] not SLANDER [spoken] ! :shk:

Personal Disclosure: I have absolutely no problem with generally typecast claims such as...

Gays can't have kids cus its hard for the kids!

People who don't think gays should have kids are bigots!

But when I see specific inciteful [note: not insightful] insults [ad hominens] such as...

You're a bigot. That's your right, but it's silly to pretend your view isn't based on hatred.

... then that makes my alert trigger finger extraordinarily twitchy and itchy!

Please apologize to russ212 OK! There was a line and its been clearly breached methinks and I would hate for a fellow member to earn a warn or a
without 1st offering them the chance to rectify a clear failure to communicate nicely!

P.S.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ212

The problem is, I am stating my opinion. I am not trashing other peoples opinion, but thinking about them, and responding in a respectful way.

I am not criticizing them, their views, their religion, or their way of life. I am merely stating what I think is right and wrong.

Don't you also state being gay is a mental/psychological disorder?

Maybe it has not been scientifically proven (yet) that human attraction to same sex is a how a person is born - - - but science has proven changing chemicals in flies can produce the same results.

The medical association removed same sex attraction from mental disorder - - years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join