It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDM-1: The new swine flu?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I hadn't heard anything about this in our media here in the U.S., but scanning the net today I came across this article. Sounds like some pretty creepy stuff. I know this is no way related to the swine flu, but it seems as though this might be the new "pandemic" that everyone and his grandmother will need the vaccine for....that is if they can make one in time. We all saw how long the swine flu vaccine took to make. Funny thing is, I wouldn't touch that stuff with a ten foot pole. Anyhow, anyone out there have any more info on this? Like I said, I haven't heard about this or seen any threads on it. Any input would be appreciated.

NDM-1 can exist inside different bacteria, like E.coli, and it makes them resistant to one of the most powerful groups of antibiotics - carbapenems. These are generally reserved for use in emergencies and to combat hard-to-treat infections caused by other multi-resistant bacteria. And experts fear NDM-1 could now jump to other strains of bacteria that are already resistant to many other antibiotics. Ultimately, this could produce dangerous infections that would spread rapidly from person to person and be almost impossible to treat. At least one of the NDM-1 infections the researchers analysed was resistant to all known antibiotics. Similar infections have been seen in the US, Canada, Australia and the Netherlands and international researchers say that NDM-1 could become a major global health problem.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 11/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What happened to the old swine flu?

From the vaccines given I'm still waiting for my RFID chip to kick in, my neuro-inhibitor to control me or my reptilian overlords to hunt me down from them?

I suppose it could all have been fanciment at the hands of lunatics minds that I got those ideas - but still. Not one of them was correct??

Anywho's here are a couple of articles on this overtly Deadly Delhi Disease:

Superbug from India

Detection of Enterobacteriaceae

Whilst completely different from H1N1 it does seem like another flash in the plan to me - albeit a much more deadly flash in the pan for everyone - regardless of personal abilities to detect and rid the body of illness.

Well, best of luck.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

The swine flu was a viral infection, bacterial infections is different they are becoming more resistance to antibiotics and changing constantly, that is what makes them hard to treat and make vaccines for it.

We have deadly staph infections for years now and is not vaccine available to treat it.

But big pharma is promising that is working on it.

The cure all Penicillin was not longer use when big pharma found out that making alternative synthetic drugs to fight infections was more profitable.

Now we are starting to see the mutation of many of this bacteria while our bodies are pumped up with all the synthetic and expensive crap from big pharma.

Is a reason why our bodies no longer can fight bacteria and viral infections on its own, but that is another story.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
There is a thread over at Diseases and Pandemics specific to this also in case it helps anyone doing research on this thing who found the thread here.

That would've been a big one liner!!!

-m0r

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Right on. Thanks for those links. Even though there are many dangerous bugs out there to worry about nowadays, this one still sounds like a strong little sucker. Thanks for the info. I'll post more info on this as I find it as well. Thanks for your input.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
These are new strains of a bacteria found in the human intestinal tract.

Best thing you can do is to practice proper hygiene, as in washing hands with soap and water, especially after using the toilet and before eating. Avoid putting your hands in your mouth or nose.

Poor sanitation is the main reason that cholera, which spreads through human waste, is found mainly in third world countries today.

top topics

join