It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-9/11 definitions of 'ground zero' in all major dictionaries. Get them!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Now you have a good chance to obtain one of the most interesting and one of the most seditious 9/11 evidence: pre-9/11 definitions of 'ground zero' term in all major English dictionaries printed before September 11. Comprehensive collection of genuine photographs of the old dictionaries' pages. You will be surprised to know how 'ground zero' was defined before the September 11 events. Some post-9/11 'ground zero' dictionaries definitions are included too for comparison. This is absolutely unprecedented evidence! You will surely love it. Zip archive 2.5 Mb. Download links here:
www.dimitri-khalezov-video.com...
Feel free to share this knowledge and this archive with others.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 911thology

Yes, the phrase "ground-zero" was originally coined to describe the effects of a possible nuclear war.
The fundamental meaning of the phrase is "the place where the bomb hits", other distances being measured from the Zero point
After "9/11", the phrase was hi-jacked for a different use, becasue the place looked as though it had been hit by a bomb.

What are you supposed to be demonstrating by showing that the phrase is now being used differently? Your basic assumption seems to be that the meaning of a phrase necessarily includes ALL its previous meanings, which is absurd.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So this is evidence that you had no knowledge of the term 'ground zero' prior to 9/11?

Some definitions the dictionaries missed:

The name of a great dance club in Florida.

The term police and firefighters use to describe the place where a fire started.

A term used to describe the area between the girls side and the boys side of a co-ed living facility in college dorms.

A place where airplanes can not fly due to the fact that it is the ground, altitude zero.

I really have nothing else to add to this discussion, sorry.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

What are you supposed to be demonstrating by showing that the phrase is now being used differently? Your basic assumption seems to be that the meaning of a phrase necessarily includes ALL its previous meanings, which is absurd.

The only thing he proved is that these truthers will grasp at any straw regardless of how frivilous it sounds that remotely makes their conspiracy claims more plausible. This is up there with the "Secret cult of Satan worshipping numerologists" truthers insisting that the "smoking gun evidence" is that the towers were shaped like a giant number eleven.

This isn't the first time a word changed meanings. The term "Holocaust" generally means, "lots and lots of people dying", which can describe the Turk's extermination of the Armenians to Pol Pot's murder of practically the entire nation of Cambodia, but it's almost always used to refer to the Nazi's murder of the Jews. Just becuase the meaning has changed that doesn't mean we can say the Nazi's murder of the Jews is a hoax. It's ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Mr. Dimitri Khalezov... you are once again flooding the internet with your CT's. Should we be expecting more of your "Nukes at Ground Zero" claims?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Six Sigma]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

evidence of what ???

the only " evidence " is that language evolves

a pertinent example is " gay "

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

No you're gay!

Sorry couldn't resist.

There are differences in definitions between countries too. Connotations often help the development of language, also colloquialisms often become mainstream, and are thereafter accepted into the official dictionary. Therefore I believe it is only logical for the definition to change considering the world has changed. Can't be said to be proof of anything other than that really.

To add ignorant ape I hope I did not offend, I just read the member demand notice at the bottom of the page...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911thology
This is absolutely unprecedented evidence! You will surely love it.

This thread is Ground Zero for ignorance.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Another example of pre-911 use of "Ground Zero"...
"Party At Ground Zero"
I assume my Fishbone had some prior knowledge.
I will be sure to ask Angelo or Norwood when I see
them next.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
Another example of pre-911 use of "Ground Zero"...
"Party At Ground Zero"
I assume my Fishbone had some prior knowledge.
I will be sure to ask Angelo or Norwood when I see
them next.

I watched that movie, but I doubt this was before 9/11. It could be falsified and backdated to be ALLEGEDLY BEFORE 9/11, but this is another story. As to my knowledge 'Ground Zero' in a sense of 'Proper Noun' was used before 9/11 in only one instance: the middle yard of the Pentagon was called 'ground zero' and a cafeteria located in its middle was called 'Ground Zero Cafe' correspondingly. Guess why? It was a black humor - the middle of the Pentagon was, of course, the very first target of the very first pending Soviet nuclear strike. I guess that every logical person agrees that the very first Soviet thermo-nuclear warhead falling from space should target the middle of the Pentagon. Hence the mocking name 'ground zero' given in advance by military humorists. But it was only a black humor by then, nothing else. However, I studied this particular matter very seriously and I found out that all ALLEGED instances of 'ground zero' usage in metaphorical/idiomatic sense before 9/11 were, in fact, prepared by government shills after 9/11 and were backdated fakeries. I am absolutely certain about it. Therefore it is recommended for everyone to download the zip-archive with pre-9/11 dictionaries and check that out. The archive is only 2.5 Mb. It will not take long time to get it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Seems Weird Al was in on it too!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

FFS ` ground zero ` is widley used in many disciplines to indicate the start point of some event

a similar phrase is ` patient zero ` in epedemics - logic would suggest patient one - but no , they use patient zero

BTW - you example of " ground zero cafe " @ pentagon neatly falsifies your theory - was it ever bombed ? no ???? - QED

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I watched that movie

It's not a movie.. It's a video.

but I doubt this was before 9/11. It could be falsified and backdated to be ALLEGEDLY BEFORE 9/11, but this is another story.

No it's not another story, It was written by friends of mine in 1984 and
released in 1985. You have no idea what you are saying or talking about.
Are you alleging that the concerts I went to and rehearsals all never really
happened?! Cause I have seen em play this song at least 2 dozen times
before Sept. 11 2001. Why am I even debating this? You are wrong on every
level.

As to my knowledge 'Ground Zero' in a sense of 'Proper Noun' was used before 9/11 in only one instance:

As to your knowledge?! As to your knowledge?!
Just as long as you know, right?!
That is where you are wrong. Very wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I watched that movie, but I doubt this was before 9/11. It could be falsified and backdated to be ALLEGEDLY BEFORE 9/11, but this is another story.

I don't care enough to get embroiled any more into this weird thread, but yes, this video definitely came out during the 80's. I remember seeing it on MTV while lying drunk on my friend's couch around 1:00 AM. Hey, I never said I was *always* this serious...

At any rate, not everything is part of secret conspiracy, dude.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Six Sigma

LOL!!!!

"Duck, and Cover!" ---

~~~~~

Oh, and Brian Griffin schools Peter Griffin on 9/11 and "ground zero":

Bit o' Trivia time....Seth MacFarlane, creator of "Family Guy" is damned lucky to be a party-hearty type of guy...saved his life on 9/11.

[edit on 9 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

new topics

top topics

join