It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Sunday flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I noticed Groom has a scheduled Janet flight on Sundays using the small Beech aircraft. This provides a good opportunity for those who want to see a landing at Groom but can't hike Tikaboo during the week. It would be a night landing, so you could see the 3 miles of runway lights.

Sunday Janets

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
One of these days I am going to have to have a hike out that way and climb the peak and have a look for myself and if its allowed, camp out for a couple of days and make a holiday of it.

The other area of interest would be as near to TTR as I could and see the two (possibly three?) new airframes the 30th Sqdn are said to be flying.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Doing multiple days on Tikaboo is difficult. You have to pack in all your food and water. Three liters a day of water is what you need in the summer. This doesn't include the water you need for the hike. Nine liters is what I use for a summer hike with just an overnight stay. Throw in your tent, sleeping bag, and surveillance gear, and the pack gets mighty heavy.

I've done two day stints near the TTR. You just drive to the campsite, park, and then climb a small hill very close to where you park. Food and water isn't an issue. [I gave someone a jump start at the campsite once, so you do need to use some caution so that you don't do anything that would strand you there.] The problem is you will be spotted, so they won't be flying anything they don't want you to see.

The TTR looks a lot busier than Groom. There are always cars driving around the TTR and over to Site-4. There is no hill between the viewing spot and the base, so when cars drive towards the east, it looks like they are lighting you up with a spotlight.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It would be great if someone could make an video of this kind of hike.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It's far easier just to ask me or anyone else that did Tikaboo about the hike. However, the Travel Channel did an "extreme vacation" years ago for Area 51, and it included the hike. I wisely turned down the offer to be in it since every Area 51 TV special is flaky at best.

I searched the torresnts and only found it on those annoying download sites.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
I wisely turned down the offer to be in it since every Area 51 TV special is flaky at best.

Good decision. I would have lost so much respect for you, lol...or gained some for the program...one or the other.

new topics

top topics

join