It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Dem on rampage after GOP blocks help for 9/11 heroes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

After days of political trickery by both Republicans and Democrats, Congressman Anthony Weiner (D-NY) got mad as hell and just couldn't take it anymore.
And so began the shouting.
On Thursday night, the House voted down the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010, which would have provided over $7 billion in health benefits to 9/11 first responders, among other actions.
"It is a shame! A shame!" he cried. "If you believe this is a bad idea, to provide health care, then vote no! But don't give me the cowardly view that, oh, if it was a different procedure ..."

Watch the two videos on this link.

rawstory.com...

The Republican Party newest, lowest, blows, to the 911 responders was a spit in their faces. They should be a shame to call themselves congressmen.

The first responders are dying from the toxic poison from ground zero and the Neocons in Washington would like nothing better to see them dead as far as I am concern. This is the kind of hatred that turns my stomach to see these officials that we voted in office turn there back on the people. I hope to G-d the Republican Party dissolves, it represents only greed, and they could carless about the American people and the heroes at ground zero on 911.
If they gave the 911 responders Healthcare, I am convince these neo hawks think they are admitting to something bad at ground zero. People this is not a government for the people. The 911 cover-up continues as the Republican Party bows out to help all the dying first responders. In my opinion, the Republican Party has turn into the enemy of the states, & enemy to the American people.
The Republicans never gave a real reason why they voted down the bill. I think they are scared to death if the first responders get Healthcare it might open the door to a real investigation of what is killing all these first responders, which could open the door for more questions about the WTC disaster and the cancer causing chemicals that the government doesn’t want the people to know about.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by impressme]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
But oh wait we can pass a 33 billion dollar bill to fund the war in aphganistan. Hmmm sounds like they are in favor of depopulation. This is sad news indeed.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Already covered in this thread. . With video even

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The fastest way to end a tyranny is to act like one...
nothing to add except second line.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm having a hard time believing that people still fall for Democrat tricks.

If the Democrat leadership wanted this passed it could have been passed with a simple majority. They chose to make it a 2/3 majority vote. Why? Maybe because it is easier to blame Republicans for their failures, instead of taking credit for their leadership?

Was Weiner
upset that 9/11 heroes didn't get help, or was he upset that all of the other pork in the bill didn't get a chance to get implemented?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I am amazed this thread is not getting any attention, doesn’t anyone care about the first responders.

Republican, why do you feel the first responders do not deserve Healthcare?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well, had the OP done any research, he might have discovered that the GOP objected to all the non-9/11 related PORK in the bill. They tried to remove the pork, leaving all the funding for the 9/11 responders, but the Democrats refused.

Yet ANOTHER case of the Democrats sticking it to the people that claim to fight for....just like the unemployment benefits fiasco.

new topics

top topics

join