It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama calls African-Americans a 'mongrel people'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

President Obama calls African-Americans a 'mongrel people'

thehill.com

President Obama waded into the national race debate in an unlikely setting and with an unusual choice of words: telling daytime talk show hosts that African-Americans are “sort of a mongrel people.”

Obama noted "there's still a reptilian side of our brain" that leads people to not trust others "if somebody sounds different or looks different."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I find this interesting in the fact that the Prez is jumping on the bandwagon. One other thing I find interesting is that he refers to our "reptillian" brains. Does he know something that we dont?

I wonder what he means by the reptillian sides of our brains? Were we possibly derived from the reptillian race?

thehill.com

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bentai22

I find this interesting in the fact that the Prez is jumping on the bandwagon. One other thing I find interesting is that he refers to our "reptillian" brains. Does he know something that we dont?

I wonder what he means by the reptillian sides of our brains? Were we possibly derived from the reptillian race?

thehill.com

LOL he is just saying humans also have an animalistic side, but to narrow it down to Africans only, or African Americans, shows an agenda.

Who knows, he may want to stay president for ever by sparking a civil war between White and Black, Mexicans in the other side, with hundreds of millions of automatic guns, all type. Perfect recipe for a huge agenda conspiracy building up from US to Israel.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
lol... Obama obviously was trying to create a psycological reference to the animal side of humans and his subconscious threw out the word reptillian...

It goes to show that Obama has been reading the conspiracy pages online!

he's probably a big Icke fan lmao!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I used to think Obama had a few clues - now I don't.

He refers to the "reptilian side of the brain" leading us not to accept people of different races.

Firstly, I am tired of reptiles being blamed for every horrible thing that ever happened! OK, reptiles are not cuddly; OK, most people are squeamish about reptiles; OK in movies reptiles are always evil; OK people who believe in aliens think the reptiles are the worst. But reptiles are just innocent animals.

Now for a different scenario - if ad agencies and movies started plugging reptiles as the saviour of the world and our best friends, we would believe it.

Obviously, we are an easy target - we will believe anything.

The second reason I have gone right off Obama (not that I was very keen, but I was keeping an open mind) is that he referred to a mongrel race. We are ALL mongrel races and someone in such a powerful position should not have stated what a 10 year old might state, in ignorance.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
And once again, I was beat to it....Apparently the search function doesnt work for me...I searched for "Obama" and "Mongrel" and nothing came up...so my apologies to those who think that I am trolling for theads.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It would be better if people watched or read the ENTIRE program/article as he also said it aplied to white people as well. (the statement about mongrels)
Meaning a mixture of many racial backgrounds.

I am actually watching this program as I type, he said our reptilian side wants us to distrust anything different from ourselves but that as intelligent beings we must always strive to overcome these natural reactions.

This is how stupid rumors, and bad reputations for no reason, start.
Taking snippets out of interviews and not telling the rest.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

I don't care if you are watching that - he is still wrong.

Reptiles are innocent creatures, made into monsters by Hollywood and other idiots.

As I stated before, ALL races are mixed.

I don't get the point of your argument. I mean "the reptile side of our brain"? We do not have a reptile side, unless we are reptiles.

And of course so-called white races are involved - we are all mongrels.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You people need to research more legitimate sources for the "reptilian brain" aspect.

We all have a reptilian brain. It acts on complete instinct, and in a completely animal-like behavior. This part of the brain is easy to manipulate should all the buttons be pressed. It reacts to fear, the most, and will trigger "reptile-like" responses.

Refuse to think critically, and you will start activating your reptilian brain.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

Or maybe he used a term that's pretty widely used..

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Whatever our basic brain is, forget that reptile thing.

Stop blaming reptiles. Poor things, everyone hates them.

And I am replying thanks to my basic brain, because I do not have a reptilian brain, since I am not a reptile, unfortunately - they are probably nicer to be around than humans.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Wikipedia - 'Triune brain'

The triune brain is a model of the evolution of the vertebrate forebrain and behavior proposed by the American physician and neuroscientist Paul D. MacLean. MacLean originally formulated his model in the 1960's and propounded it at length in his 1990 book The Triune Brain in Evolution [1]. The triune brain consists of the reptilian complex (

join