It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Riggley Man?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Before I get to the item I want to draw people's attention to, please indulge me in a little preamble.

I love Rob Riggle. I think he is great. The YouTube video of him with Will Ferrell when he is prepping Ferrell's character for the "Catalina Wine Cooler" is hysterically funny. He is going to have a big career, America being what it is.

Also, as crimes against humanity go, being a curbside approximation of "Lord Haw Haw" or "Tokyo Rose", putting one over on the squares, is lightweight stuff.

I realize that going after "Harley Man" is clutching at straws, particularly at this stage of the game.

BUT . . . like William Hurt's detective friend in Body Heat, I, . . . well, you be the judge.

It's about the voices. Listen to the voices.

Harley Man

Mr. Riggle

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If he had said, "the fires caused irregular thermal expansion" you would have had a point, but all he said was that the fires crippled the structural integrity of the building. He only put into words what everyone already knew from what they saw.

Everyone in Manhattan saw the second plane hit the building and explode, everyone saw the flames and the profuse smoke pouring out, and everyone saw that the building began collapsing in the very spot that the planes had hit. It isn't rocket science for a spectator to connect the dots.

Methinks you're seeing things that really aren't there.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I think this is what I despise most about these conspiracy delusions, in general and 9/11 in particular. Because it often attempts to make demons out of perfectly innocent people. Rob Riggle is very talented gentleman and Marine Corp officer who served his country in Afghanistan and other places as well.

This is despicable.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This again? I thought the whole Harley Man thing died already.

It goes beyond clutching at straws, I think.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
He should be tortured until he confesses, and then he should be blown up live on TV with super thermate for being a traitor. And for not looking remotely the same as he apparently did in 2001.

I mean, for people who continually berate the sheep for watching TV, you guys are obsessed with what you see on TV. If it isn't this it's Phil Jayhan trying to prove that dead passengers look like Greg Evigan or something.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
the noses are different

second line

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Rob Riggle was identified first on ATS as a possible candidate for "Harley Man" by member, letthereaderunderstand, who on hearing Riggle's voice in the famous Harley Man video from 9/11 connected it to the guy from the Jon Stewart show. His thread is here:

Mystery expert at ground zero

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Being intrigued by letthereaderunderstand's assertion that he might have ID'd Harley Man, I started looking at screen shots from the Harley Man vidclip and noticed that in almost every case there were obvious signs of blurring and manipulation of the features of Harley Man's face. It appeared as if someone had deliberately set out to obscure or change his features in order to prevent him from being identified.

There are other signs of manipulation of the video that video experts would notice, green shadows and such. The easiest thing for a layperson to pick up on is the way his hat moves independantly of his head at one point.

I started a thread attempting to generate a voice analysis of Harley Man's speech, to see if it matched the speech of Rob Riggle. That thread is here:

Fox sanitizes 9/11 video archive to conceal perp?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In both threads people had strong opinions for and against the idea that Rob Riggle might be Harley Man. The other candidate, Mark Humphrey, was not really even in contention since he claims to have been in LA on 9/11 and also was the victim of an obvious, amateurish attempt by people to photoshop his features onto Harley Man's face.

With regard to Riggle, the main issue, (apart from the shear utter lunacy that wacky, hilarious, loveable goofball, Rob (Jon Stewart show) Riggle could be one of the 9/11 perps), was his height.

One poster said that Riggle was a "man mountain". The thinking seemed to be that Harley Man looked smaller than interviewer Rick Leventhal in the Harley Man video, therefore Harley Man couldn't possibly be "man mountain" Riggle.

I tried to find out how tall Riggle was.

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Just to update the discussion and in fairness to Rob Riggle, here is a photo that would seem to indicate Rob Riggle's height at about 6'3", since Conan O'Brien is known to be 6'5".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d6e2de94717.jpg[/atsimg]

It turns out that information is wrong. My fascination with Riggle's height and how to find that statistic led me to a very interesting website.

www.celebheights.com...

Neither Riggle nor Leventhal are famous enough to be included in the archives of this site, but Conan O'Brien is on the site, where the consensus is that he is 6'4" tall, not 6'5".

In my photo above that would lower Riggle to 6'2". But there is more to the story. There is a picture from Riggle's website which shows him standing in front of General Tommy Franks. Franks is 6'3".

www.answers.com...

Man Mountain Riggle is shorter than Franks, by an inch to an inch and a half, which would put his height at 6'2" max. Here is that image, cropped and rotated slightly to make it vertical.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/475158c6a6ca.jpg[/atsimg]

Riggle is a big husky guy but he is no "man mountain".

How tall is Leventhal? I did a lot of scrounging around to try to find good pictures of him with celebrities whose heights are known. It wasn't easy and I won't post that sort of thing here, but as near as I could figure, Leventhal is about 5'11".

He is not as tall as Riggle. Riggle is a maximum 3" taller than Leventhal, maybe just 2.5" taller. They don't call the guy "Pee Wee Leventhal". He is not small.

When you look at screenshots of the Harley Man video it is obvious that Harley Man himself has been fiddled with, but though Leventhal, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have been altered, as far as his features go, there is still something odd about him in the screenshots. I noticed it a while ago but I couldn't really put my finger on it.

Two and a half to three inches is not much. To make these guys look roughly the same size in a video all you would have to do is make Harley Man a little smaller and Leventhal a little bigger.

The key is to increase or decrease the size of one or both of them to create a height differential that would help to keep Harley Man from being identified.

Was this done?

Here is a screenshot from the Harley Man video.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36fe5ce7793f.jpg[/atsimg]

In this shot, Harley Man's head is at a slight angle. If one looks carefully and allows for that angle, one can see that Harley Man and Leventhal are very close to equal in height in the video.

Having seen Leventhal in several clips from work he did on 9/11, I noticed that the size and shape of his head changed quite a bit from clip to clip. I put it down to the fact that some clips may not have been reproduced at the correct aspect ratio. It happens. No big deal because everyone in such videos will be distorted in the same way.

As I said, for the longest time when looking at the Harley Man video, I thought there was something odd about Leventhal, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I knew that Harley Man had been manipulated, but for some reason always focused on Leventhal. Then it struck me. His head is very big in the Harley Man clip, not in relation to the distorted aspect ratio, but in comparison to Harley Man's head.

It's not an outlandish differential but to my eyes there is an unnatural difference in the size of their heads. Remember, these two figures are approximately equal in height in the video. People's heads vary in size of course, but in this context, with other video alterations evident, the head size difference could be significant.

Obviously this is not conclusive, but it makes it seem possible that in addition to altering Harley Man's features, an attempt may have been made to make him look smaller.

When one takes care of the height issue, one is left with the voice, and other circumstantial factors that make a serious look at Rob Riggle a must for investigators of the 9/11 incident.

I started this thread because of the emergence of more "on the street" style video clips of Rob Riggle. Of course the sound quality in the clip above is better than the original Harley Man clip, and Riggle is roughly nine years older.

If one adjusts the volume on the second clip so that it is equal to the volume of the first, to my ears at least, the sound of Riggle's voice, at certain points in his speech, is a dead match for Harley Man's.

We need a professional voice analysis done of Riggle's speech. If it turns out that he is not a match for Harley Man, that will be fine for Riggle fans and fine for me.

If he is Harley Man, people should be looking into this further. Harley Man was an obvious shill, in my opinion. A real chink in the government's story. That's why he has never been identified and why so much trouble was taken to conceal his identity.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is supposed to be a photo of Rob Riggle working the "pile", post 9/11.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7404de4b5b9f.jpg[/atsimg]

Riggle is the soldier at the right. letthereaderunderstand posted this photo, which he said was taken from Riggle's website, in his original thread, Mystery expert at ground zero. I have resized it to get the whole photo on the page, in this thread.

In the thread Mystery Expert At Ground Zero, I said that the photo looked odd to me and I wondered if it could be a fake.

I was comparing the flesh tone of Riggle's neck to that of the man in the blue shirt. Also note the shadow which falls on the blue shirted man's right shoulder and how Riggle's right shoulder is not similarly obscured, even though the shoulders of the two men are almost exactly parallel.

Notice the woman in white in the foreground and the fireman at right. They are oddly placed and seem to be "out of place".

I think this is a 9/11 photo montage of some kind, composed of possibly several photos. Riggle's unit was activated to work the pile on 09/12/01. This might well show him engaged in that work, but the photo is very likely a montage. There are no other identifiable soldiers close to him in the photo.

What's the point? It's just an interesting observation and not meant to deny that Riggle worked on the pile, but it makes a nice lead in to what follows.

In one of the other threads linked above, letthereaderunderstand, who pointed out the green shadow anomalies in the Harley Man video said that bother over Harley Man's height is really irrelevant since he believes that Harley Man was actually inserted into the Harley Man video.

Harley Man would have been inserted to replace another interview subject that Leventhal would have talked to that morning, but whose interview was never broadcast.

To my knowledge, Leventhal has never commented on the Harley Man controversy. That in itself is very telling, in my opinion. Why?

I would predict and be willing to bet money, that Leventhal's honest response, if asked about Harley Man would be,"I don't remember this guy."

Leventhal doesn't remember the guy who minutes after the towers fell laid out a concise and precise summary of the Bush administration's explanation for the destruction of the WTC! Amazing. Really unbelievable.

But I think it is the truth.

And it is the key to Leventhal's silence.

Leventhal must know that, if he doesn't remember Harley Man, then the Harley Man video is a fake and worse, 9/11 must be an inside job, an inside job in which one's own employer is probably complicit.

How'd you like to be a Fox reporter knowing that 9/11 was an inside job and suspecting that your bosses were in on it?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thus, an excellent case study of how the conspiracy people will see exactly what they want to see, the more they stare at it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Thus, an excellent case study of how the conspiracy people will see exactly what they want to see, the more they stare at it.

You are so right GoodOlDave, as usual. Conspiracy websites should be outlawed. I'm sure you would agree.

Just as with the Pentagon "five frames" controversy this whole outrageous paranoid delusion perpetrated by conspiracy lunatics can be cleared up in an instant and these conspiracy theorists can be relegated to the dustbin of history . . . if the original footage is released.

Come on Fox! Be heroic! Put a stop to this crazy internet madness, this poisonous cultivation of suspicion and dissension by these internet vermin, who are clearly a threat to the nation's security and who should be stamped out instantly, if not sooner.

Release the original, broadcast quality Harley Man interview on YouTube. Strike a blow for truth, justice and the American way! Save the nation Fox!! It's in your hands.

Let's see the broadcast quality video of Harley Man.

It won't happen. Why?

There is no broadcast quality video of Harley Man. This video was made blurred from the outset.

It was made to convey a message to the suckers. It's part of the scam.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
"If he had said, "the fires caused irregular thermal expansion" you would have had a point, but all he said was that the fires crippled the structural integrity of the building. He only put into words what everyone already knew from what they saw."

This is especially true since this was the first time in history that a modern steel framed skyscraper had collapsed from oxygen starved fires. I mean...any idiot could have made this analysis, since such an extremely unlikely occurrence (collapse) had never happened prior to 9/11.

"Everyone in Manhattan saw the second plane hit the building and explode, everyone saw the flames and the profuse smoke pouring out, and everyone saw that the building began collapsing in the very spot that the planes had hit."

Of course everyone in Manhattan saw the second plane hit, even the hundreds of thousands of individuals who did not have a clear view of an alleged aircraft traveling at over 500 miles per hour. Even the people who were sleeping must have saw that airplane in their dreams. Even the people inside their offices must have seen the airplane in their imaginations. Why do you think there were so many conflicting witness statements about the second alleged plane impacting? Because everyone in Manhattan saw the second plane hit stupid!

"It isn't rocket science for a spectator to connect the dots."

Yep, he was able to connect the dots and explain a chain of events which had never before happened. Of course it's not rocket science; it's sheer fantasy.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Release the original, broadcast quality Harley Man interview on YouTube. Strike a blow for truth, justice and the American way! Save the nation Fox!! It's in your hands.

Have you actually done something besides post an anonymous demand on a conspiracy website forum, like maybe ask Fox news or News Corp to release the video? That would probably help.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

Of course everyone in Manhattan saw the second plane hit, even the hundreds of thousands of individuals who did not have a clear view of an alleged aircraft traveling at over 500 miles per hour. Even the people who were sleeping must have saw that airplane in their dreams. Even the people inside their offices must have seen the airplane in their imaginations. Why do you think there were so many conflicting witness statements about the second alleged plane impacting? Because everyone in Manhattan saw the second plane hit stupid!

Let me guess- you're one of those "no plane" people, aren't you?

Before I would play the "stupid" card I'd be damned sure I wouldn't say anything stupid myself, if I were you. The main reason there was discrepency over the second plane was due to distance. People over in New Jersey would only see a black dot hit the towers and wouldn't be able to make out distinctive features, while people up close would be able to see the airline logos. This was entirely on that day of 9/11, but after the 500 myriad videos of the aircraft strike were broadcasted, the only people still thinking there was any discrepency are you conspiracy people.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
Have you actually done something besides post an anonymous demand on a conspiracy website forum, like maybe ask Fox news or News Corp to release the video? That would probably help.

With all due respect, I don't believe it would help for reasons implicit in my last post.

Maybe debunkernation should become pro-active on this issue. Make common cause with Fox against an internet sickness that is corroding the nation.

On the other hand maybe they got tired of asking the Bush administration to release all the Pentagon video confiscated after the incident there.

Whether I personally ask for it to be released isn't really crucial in the larger scheme of things. Somehow I think that the folks over at Fox are well aware of what goes on here. If not, somebody will clue them in.

Imagine. In the year 2010 Fox finds out about the Harley Man controversy! Please.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So you're not going to ask them, while simultaneously decrying the fact that they don't just give it up to you without even knowing you want it?

Weird.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

So you're not going to ask them, while simultaneously decrying the fact that they don't just give it up to you without even knowing you want it?

Are you a shrink? If not I would seriously consider it as a career option.

top topics

join