It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer stolen- Need advice!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hey guys,

recently, I had my computer stolen. It was in a bag, turned around for a minute, and bag was gone.

I have recorded every ip address my computer has since logged on at. I have Dropbox installed on the computer, and it updates my profile page where all of my computers are currently logged at.

I was wondering if anyone had any bright ideas. I made a police report, but naturally they didn't do anything about it. I even provided the ip address! (which is clearly a home address as the computer has been logged at the same address many times).

Thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
so basically, is there anything I can do using an IP address to get my stolen computer back.

Geo-locate (a legit location, most are just a general area in a city),
Remote Access

I'm even open to attacking the computer with a virus or something

Pardon my ignorance, I don't exactly know what is possible using just an ip

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Are you in the U.S.?

I think you should do some old-fashioned pawn shop hunting, and craigslist searching.

Chances are the crack head sold it already.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If you can determine their ISP, maybe contact them, with the police report, and see if they can assist you (or the police) and give them an address?

You may want to post this in the computer help forum too.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
First thing borrow someones computer and got to every web site yhou have been to and change your password for those sites ASAP. You may even want to go as far as telling your ISP to change all your account data.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Post the IP and let me do some snooping.
You can find out a lot from just that number.

top topics

join