It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters of Your Choice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Okay, all of this "doom" talk has got me thinking about the whole "end of the world" scenario. Let's say that the destruction of the Earth is imminent and irreversible. Suppose no one on this planet was aware. No government, no citizen, no organization, religion, or agency. It's a day, like any day, like maybe, today.

You are out, away from home, away from friends, away from family. You had spoken to most of them recently of course, your loved ones most recently. Maybe you're out shopping, maybe you're out working. Maybe just out for a drive in the warm early summer sun. When suddenly you find yourself in a room, aboard a ship, a craft. You are surrounded by Greys who are chattering in a way that you can hear and understand. They tell you that life on earth will end within two hours. And you have been selected to join 99 other human beings in that craft among various race, culture, language lines who have already made their "choice". It is as follows:

1. Be put back in your car, truck, van and allowed to move on with no memory of what just happened to you and what you were just told, but certainly making the choice to die.

Or...

2. Remain in the craft with the other 99 people whom you've never met to witness the death of our planet, repopulate a new world, and begin our cycle over again.

What is your choice?

(Mine would be number 1. There would be great adventures and experiences to be gained by remaining on the craft, but I would trade it all in a moment simply for the opportunity to hold my wife and kids one last time, even if that is a moment of terror.)

So again, what is your choice?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well to play a huge part in populating a new planet.

Now thats a task I would not soon get tired of.

new topics

join