It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 used for taping the first moon walk?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
How do you explain the rocks that are clearly nothing like anything here on earth?
Where did those rockets go if they didn't go to the moon? And if they didn't go, why didn't we see them orbiting the earth?
Please show me the movie of the flag flapping, I haven't seen it yet. I've seen pictures of the flag, but not of the flapping. And if it was fake, how do you explain the flapping then? For it to be fake, they would have had to do it in a building. No wind in buildings.
Do you realize how hard it would be to similate that gravity?
They didn't have photoshop back then, alot of the pictures they took are extremely hard to fake. Way too much detail. How did they do it?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoscreator
Very good point. Many things seem to point to the theory of the moonwalk being a hoax.

Only for those who are unfamiliar with the topics being covered. All the 'evidence' against the moon landings is based on ignorance and pseudoscience.

As the poster above just mentioned. There is the hundreds of kilograms of moon rocks brought back by the Apollo missions. Rocks that even today could not be recreated by Earth-bound scientists. It would still be cheaper just to go to the moon and get them.

Additionally, if you look at the videos available of the lunar missions. The physics there would have been impossible to re-create on Earth, at least without having the giant set sealed and in a vacuum.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Im not saying that we didnt go to the Moon i was just pointing out that there are good, convincing arguments for both points of view. As for the Van Allen belts my interest is in what kind of shielding they had and what materials they used. the van Allen belts are often used as a way of trying to debunk the Moon program. So any info that someone uses as a reason to debunk the space program should be studied closely before comming to a decision.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here's a good story on this subject. Kind of long but worth the read

The Moon Hoax

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Oh boy...

1. Apollo 14 astronaut Allen Shepard played golf on the Moon. In front of a worldwide TV audience, Mission Control teased him about slicing the ball to the right. Yet a slice is caused by uneven air flow over the ball. The Moon has no atmosphere and no air.

-They "teased". 'Nough said.

2. A camera panned upwards to catch Apollo 16's Lunar Landerlifting off the Moon. Who did the filming?

-They had TV cameras on the surface. You can see them on some of the pictures.

3. One NASA picture from Apollo 11 is looking up at Neil Armstrong about to take his giant step for mankind. The photographer must have been lying on the planet surface. If Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who took the shot?

-lol, the pictures (stills) were taken by Neil of Buzz coming down. This is common knowledge.

4. The pressure inside a space suit was greater than inside a football. The astronauts should have been puffed out like the Michelin Man, but were seen freely bending their joints.

-If they were on Earth

5. The Moon landings took place during the Cold War. Why didn't America make a signal on the moon that could be seen from earth? The PR would have been phenomenal and it could have been easily done with magnesium flares.

-Get real

6. Text from pictures in the article said that only two men walked on the Moon during the Apollo 12 mission. Yet the astronaut reflected in the visor has no camera. Who took the shot?

-They both had cameras attached to them.
www.nasm.si.edu...

7. The flags shadow goes behind the rock so doesn't match the dark line in the foreground, which looks like a line cord. So the shadow to the lower right of the spaceman must be the flag. Where is his shadow? And why is the flag fluttering if there is no air or wind on the moon?

-In EVERY pic I have seen, the shadows were correct. So unless I missed one...

8. How can the flag be brightly lit when its side is to the light? And where, in all of these shots, are the stars?

-www.astronomycafe.net...

9. The Lander weighed 17 tons yet the astronauts feet seem to have made a bigger dent in the dust. The powerful booster rocket at the base of the Lunar Lander was fired to slow descent to the moons service. Yet it has left no traces of blasting on the dust underneath. It should have created a small crater, yet the booster looks like it's never been fired.

-lol
Taken from the on the surface TV camera: www.solarviews.com...

*yawn*

I think someone said this before but, in order to hoax something so perfectly like that, they would need more money and technology than it took to get to the moon. So why not go to the moon?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
There's only one way to find out for sure: Get Niel Armstrong drunk!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
KC,
Some threads should just die - if they ever get started! Do you have any basis or reason for your post? I've lived for over a half century and have never heard of anything remotely associated with this thread. CAN YOU SUPPORT YOUR POSITION?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I've actually read up on what some people believe was the great moon hoax. All of the explanations as to why the U.S. flag was flapping in the breeze when there was no breeze. Some people believe that the moon walk was faked and taped at Area 51. Does anyone have any information or links that they can refer me to on this subject. Sorry if this has been posted here before but I am new so please bear with me while I try to figure out this site.
The flag doesn't flap! There is no breeze on the moon so what they had to do was to put a bar across the top of the flag so that it wouldn't just be hanging down. it was one of the obstacles that they had to overcome. The movement of the flag you see is only when the move the staff for adjustment.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Janus

Their flightpaths were designed to take them through the gaps in the Van Allen belts...you did realize that the Earth was not entirely surrounded by them didn't you?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kaoscreator

There have been several books written on the subject. There is no convincing evidence that the trip to the moon were hoaxes. I;ve meet Edgar Mitchell. The man claims to have seen UFOs so why would he lie about the moon? Doesn't make any sense. Mitchell is a nice man and as far as I can tell honest. He was one of the founders of the Institute for Noetic Studies in Marin, which along with The Monroe Institute and Esalen Institute, is a leader in the study of the human consciousness. He just doesn't fit the profile of a serial liar.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

However there are many unexplained events that happened on the moon

Such as what exactly? What unexplained events do you think happened on the moon?

edit on 22/11/10 by dereks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join