It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Stalked...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This may be nothing paranormal at all, but for the past few months or more I have been stalked by the number 16. Every time I look at the clock it's always 8:16 , 10:16 , etc.... I don't know if I'm going insane or what.

Has anyone had anything similar or have any explanation for what could be going on? It could just be that my brain is programmed to look at the clock when it's 16 after any hour.

This has been going on for months now and I am a little freaked out by it.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i think this had been meantioned in a previous post, but im not sure.

Alot of times, when you start noticing something (such as the number 16) you subconiously start being more aware of it, so now you notice when 16 is around more often.

Much like when you buy a new car (as an example) you all of a sudden notice every single car that matches your new one.

Are those new style cars stalking you? No.
You just notice them because they stick out in your mind.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You're experiencing one of the effects of the limbic system in your brain.

Your eyes actually take in much more information than you can consciously process at once, and "limbic" thought is an evolved mecanism that helps you to "spot" the things that are important to your for survival that you might not otherwise have consciously considered.

In you case, you've noticed clock a couple of times and it read the same time. You probably thought "that's a coincidence" and will have unknowingly filed it away somewhere as a "relevant" memory or idea.

Then the limbic system kicks in. the next time you're eyes pass a clock, even if you're not thinking about it, subconsciously you still read the time. This can happen hundreds of times a day. There's just under 2% chance each time that the clock WILL be at 16 minutes past the hour, and if this is the case, the limbic system "flags" your conciousness and you notice it!

It's the same reason you always notice lots of other cars just like yours when you buy model. You "saw" similar cars before, but didn't "notice" them!

I can't find anything on the web that describes this particularly well, but there's some other background stuff on the brian here.

thalamus.wustl.edu...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown

You just notice them because they stick out in your mind.

Graet now I am being stalked by 16 too. Thanks a lot. Heehee. Look it's 11:16 .

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
In your case:

Matthew 8:16
When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That happens to me with 11:07, but I just kinda got used to the fact that I feel the need to look at a clock or something at that time. I don't really get any chills or anything anymore when I see that time, but I always manage to look at a clock at 11:07.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Thanks everyone. I thought maybe it was just a brain thing.

I also thought maybe it was trying to tell me something and Well I predicted that School would start on August 16th. Well I got a letter from the school and Guess what? School starts on 8:16. which is the number I first started seeing.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hehe, this happens with me too. When it's 9:11.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I know of people who see this as a sign to play the lotto. And there are some lucky people who win often too... (I'm talking about the regional 4 number lotteries). Maybe you can try that...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I wouldn't call it stalking. It's more like syncronicity. Some syncronicity is better than others. I like the kind TheBandit795 mentioned.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Maybe I've just gone Insane.... But they said I was better

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That's a cute story. I'm being stalked by luck. I recently got a free kitten and I didn't have to pay anything for it.

top topics

join