It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If this was posted before, sorry, just saw it myself, and what are these people thinking? This will cause all kinds of trouble.

lans to build a mosque two blocks away from ground zero have set off an emotional debate among area residents and relatives of victims of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. Cordoba House project calls for a 15-story community center including a mosque, performance art center, gym, swimming pool and other public spaces. The project is a collaboration between the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative....

Here

and

Here

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
What's controversial about that? There are an awful lot of Muslims who don't want to kill people or fly planes into towers. This looks like a classic piece of stirring.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Maybe I'll open a Nazi Museum in the middle of Israel? Thats right, I made the comparison. Muslims, no not all of them, but them none the less, were the ones that made this attack, it would be in bad taste, and very disrespectful to all those that died that day.

It kind of makes you wonder, why now? What is the agenda behind this.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

That's not a very good analogy. Nazism was explicitly founded on notions of antisemitism, culminating in genocide.

Islam is not by its nature obsessed with flying aeroplanes into towers, or murdering people. You might as well say that because Fred Phelps hates gay people it's insensitive to build a Christian church in an area where a lot of homosexuals live.

Besides, a museum is not the same as a place of worship. And there already is a holocaust museum in Israel.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Do you think its a good taste to put it there though?

People are angry for a reason over it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
From my point of view as an outsider I see it symbolically as planting a flag basically saying: we did this, now we're building a mosque here.

Of course I don't believe in the official story myself but from the point of view of an american that believes Al Qaeda did it I don't see how you couldn't be offended by it.. it's basically salting the wound.

You know how it seems like the US government is doing everything it can to piss it's citizens off? Maybe this is just another provocation.

"Why aren't the peasants rebelling already!?? The mind control is too strong, they're just not responding.." Which is good, cause if they're provoking they're probably looking to bring down martial law.

Hell, I dunno.. just a thought.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-

People are angry for a reason over it.

I think it's fine, personally. In fact I agree with some of the respondents in the article you link to, who basically say that it's a decent demonstration of inter-faith goodwill. There are over 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. Only a handful are murderous zealots.

Timothy McVeigh carried out the Oklahoma bombing under the aegis of American patriotism. Does that mean one should remove all US flags from OKC?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

Timothy McVeigh carried out the Oklahoma bombing under the aegis of American patriotism. Does that mean one should remove all US flags from OKC?

Great point. At the same time, it's understandable why this would offend some citizens. Thankfully, I didn't loose anyone on 9.11 but if I did like many others have, I'm sure I would have a much different opinion about having a mosque built near ground zero.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

If this was posted before, sorry, just saw it myself, and what are these people thinking? This will cause all kinds of trouble.

They are thinking the 9/11 attacks were not done by muslims another secret organization and that the WTC towers were demolished by that same secret organization.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Massive thread ongoing here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join