It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SBS-Portsmouth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Minimi and others.

Stop stressing.portsmouth harbour and surronding areas as you probably know is a major Naval Base.
The excersise you shown was training new members of the unit.Anything that would require the boys to pay you a visit you would have had to try a bit harder to see.

Trust me if you were doing anything that contraveined (Sorry crap at spelling) National Security you and your camera would have been removed.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by come bite me
i'm pretty woried about this. i don't mind it happening in the middle of the atlantic but in my back gardens a bit worrying.

Be less worried than the people who live on Salisbury plain. Boscombe Down, Porton Down and a whole load of artillery ranges etc. Hows that for some nastiness in your neighbourhood

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
Minimi and others.

Stop stressing.portsmouth harbour and surronding areas as you probably know is a major Naval Base.
The excersise you shown was training new members of the unit.Anything that would require the boys to pay you a visit you would have had to try a bit harder to see.

Trust me if you were doing anything that contraveined (Sorry crap at spelling) National Security you and your camera would have been removed.

I tried to explain this to the chap, but I don't think he quite believed me. It was happening in the middle of a public place, and we saw nothing that would be of any use to any enemy of the country anyway. If it was top secret it would be done covertly. I'm not expecting any knocks on the door anytime soon. If there had been any trouble, it would have been there and then from the police boat.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
it's pretty minor activity. i think we should try and get some of ther nocturnal exercises on camera ( not that were going to for you marines out there *looks shifty*
i've found out another theorie to.
every thursday the marine corp do practises some times artillery launching aircraft and boarding craft
what day was this exercise?

and theres also the matter of the nukelear material in the dockyard. they could have been revising the worst case senario of a terrorist atack. minimi have you had the letter about the nuklear risk

Q:how do you spell nukelear?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I had my camera seized and the pictures confiscated by MOD Plod about 15 years ago. They were very polite and even developed them for me. They returned the pics which they determined were not "sensitive".

They were delivered by an embarrassed MOD Plod who was accompanied by a local Special Branch officer. My mate pretended to be out when they called on him....he thought they were the TV Licencing people.

zero lift

ps "nucular, it's spelt nucular". Homer Simpson

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by come bite me
i've found out another theorie to.
every thursday the marine corp do practises some times artillery launching aircraft and boarding craft
what day was this exercise?

and theres also the matter of the nukelear material in the dockyard. they could have been revising the worst case senario of a terrorist atack. minimi have you had the letter about the nuklear risk

Yep it was a thursday. Just a routine exercise then. What letter about the Nuclear risk?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
u know the subs and nuke warheads and stuff but dont worry its safe
there's MOD PLOD,MP'S and RMC'S gaurding it

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
minimi, try reading this

www.hants.gov.uk...

maybe that's what the "letter" is about.

zero lift

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The special forces ( Marines SBS SAS ) use portsmouth as it has the Navy Diver Training tank down as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
In an earlier post I mentioned that the Ministry of Defence Police/Wiltshire Police Special Branch operate a film development service

Here's a pic of mine that was processed by them during 1989.

www.darkplaces.co.uk...

If you want to see what's behind those doors, checkout these links

www.darkplaces.co.uk...

www.darkplaces.co.uk...

It's where the Government would have gone in the 1960s should Global War have broken out. It cost a bloody fortune to build and went by many codenames; SUBTERFUGE- BURLINGTON- TURNSTILE.

The entrance doors shown in the first pic lead to two long underground railway platforms.Just inside the doors, water spraying apparatus was installed inorder to decontaminate the train from radioactive fall-out.

zero lift

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I've just found out that the links in the above post only work if you register with the DarkPlaces Forum.

Sorry

zero lift

<< 1   >>

join