It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush vs. Kerry - Educate me!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
FreeMason

Anyways, I have no problem with people who honestly believe in liberal ideology, problem is I have not met one liberal yet, who knows as much about American history and government as a conservative does.

Which leads me to one conclusion, liberals not knowing as much, side with a stupider and thus more incorrect platform.

You don't really believe this, do you? How can you make such foolish blanket statements?

I've been liberal, I've been conservative, right now I'm a mutt. I can say that many good things that we have in America today are a result of the liberal platform. An excellent knowledge of history, among other things, helped them to help America. Liberals are not stupid. They just happen to be currently suffering from a lack of good leadership.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It's not a fool statement Jsobecky, I've never met a liberal who has been able to validate their beliefs...they are clueless or simply told to believe that ideology...or extremely pissed off.

I never once said ALL liberals are that way, I obviously imply it, but then the person who reads what I said would have to believe I have met every liberal there is, who is the bigger idiot then?

No, the day may come when I will meet a liberal who knows more about politics and government than a conservative, but it hasn't happend yet. Keep in mind this is Nevadan liberal//conservative.

The liberals here are all Californian-like, the Conservatives here are kinda a breed of their own...like Texas Republicans I suppose...good ol' anti-federalist.

Everyone I know here knows how our nation was founded, what it was founded as, and how it has changed through the Civil War, and they know why we fought the Civil War and so on on and so forth...ahem "the War Between the States".

It was not a Civil War being that the South was not actively engaged in a Civil War.

The Northerners were however, as they had to supress rebellions as from New York to Minnesota, and over 50,000 people at that time in the North were incarcerated as "Political Prisoners".

Out of a population of just 24 million that is .2% of the population...nice figures.

The South had none of those problems. errr..."The Confederacy" heh.

Anyways, my point was all I said, if you took it beyond my literal words then you are making yourself the fool not me. I'm not about to set out destroying liberals because of the experience with liberals here...but that doesn't change anything about Kerry....

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Rant at least now your views are legitimate. That's why I state such things as history, such as the fact our nation is NOT founded on an "ideal of Seperation of Church and State".

What you want to see done probably hasn't changed, but now why you want it done has to, whether it was that way before or not.

There are honestly liberals out there who believe by being liberal they are supporting this nation's "roots"...

I wish they could go back in time and get an eye-opener.

They'd be hung for abortion (if it could be proven)
They'd be forced to say a prayer at town meetings or legal proceedings or if they were in the legislature, upon its opening and closing for business...or be ostracized from the community.
They'd receive no help from the federal government, and the federal government would not cater to their local wants and desires such as "better schools" or "better environment". All that would be taken care of at the local or state level.

And so on and so forth.

Those people who need that type of eye-opener really make me sick, how people could be raised thinking our nation was like the way we are today even 30 years ago, is just beyond me.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It doesn't really make any difference who you vote for.
Both Bush and Kerry are Bonesmen.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yes, Bush and Kerry are exactly the same. :shk:

I don't understand the popularity of this assertion at all. Is it just apathy? An unwillingness to examine the issues? Nadar subterfuge?

Seriously, if you can't pick just ONE social issue, examine it...and see the difference, then I don't even think you should vote.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Okay...I'm bumping with third party jokes until I get an alternative platform analysis from a Nadar or Badnarik backer.

Considering throw away votes will decide this election, it's kind of ridiculous you guys have nothing to contribute.

Three roommates, a Democrat, a Republican and a Libertarian, all sign up for the same college economics course. The final exam turns out to be one multiple choice question...

Which of the following income situations is preferable?

A - An income of $100,000 per year with a 50% tax rate.
-or-
B - An income of $90,000 per year with a 45% tax rate.

The Democrat chooses option A citing he takes home $50 grand, and the government remains solvent. Everybody wins.

The Republican chooses option B saying she takes home about $50 grand, but more importantly the government gets less money to spend on unnecessary things.

The Libertarian, however, scratches in option C - None of the Above, turns the test over and writes an essay on the Skull & Bones Society.

The funny thing is when they go to get their test scores it turns out they all failed since Nadar threw the curve.

Ba-dum-bum. Thanks and good night, I'll be here all week.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
both are the same period, why bother voting at all, you really do not have a choice.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I was all for Bush, still am going to vote for him, but have the view of it is the lesser of 2 evils. I think Kerry will just push the soicalist view a lot faster then Bush will, but Bush is just as much a puppet of the "powers that be" as Kerry. Both are Skull&Bones and both do as they are told to move forward with the NWO. I think it is funny that elite don't think that in human nature, most people will not be for being controlled by others. That is why we have had rebellions all along. I have just found some of the things Kerry as a person very offencive, like the flipping off a veitnam vet at the wall last week!! That is real presidental!! But George W is invovled with the elite just as much as his Pa was. But I hve a feeling he may be on the less corupt side of the whole deal. But who knows he may be the devil in his next 4 years..lol...peace

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I posted my thoughts on Kerry vs. Bush over here.

I got to see these two face to face telling us what is better for the country, it will be interesting to see how they differ on big issues. Last election's debates or whatever you want to call that was horrible.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

By abortion I assume you mean sanctioned murder, and by the environment you mean the arctic national wilde life reserve, where they want to drill is a permafrosted frozen waste land and they only want to drill on several hundred acres, out of 19 million square miles.

Typical Republican. You just make up numbers that have no relationship to reality. The actual total area of Alaska, not just ANWR, is 656,435 square miles.

www.netstate.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
I dont like either of the idiots! But Bush sticks to what he says...

I wouldn't say that, exactly. He ran as a conservative, but has done a lot of liberal things in order to go for swing votes. That is the move of a politician, not a leader.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

Woooo weeeee!!!! Way to show how much you don't now...there is no "seperation of church and state" that is ONLY an opinion held by certain judges who believe they are following Jefferson's idea of America. The reality is the Constitution states NOTHING about "seperation of church and state" only that the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT may not establish religions.

Well, Thomas Jefferson, who, I think you will agree, was one of the Founding Fathers, disagrees with your interpretation of the First Amendment --

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1802

www.chroniclesmagazine.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I have voted GREEN PARTY for years and shall continue to do so.
This country NEEDS more than 2 parties, and the only way a 3rd party will ever gain any ground is IF people vote for it.

VOTE GREEN! give America more choices then 2.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Bush is doing nothing to stop the flood of jobs going overseas and has stated that his administration will not do anything to stop it. At first it was only blue collar jobs (like hubby's job) but now it is also white collar jobs and more and more people are becoming unemployed. The figures for the unemployed are misleading if you are not drawing an unemployment check your name is dropped from the count so in other words if people have been out of work so long they have lost their unemployment benefits they no longer count. Hubby is one of those people. I look at Bush's record and shudder at the thought of another 4 years with him at the helm. He took office and we had no dificit, now the amount is outrageous, there were plenty of jobs now there are very few to be had and many more will go overseas and his administration does nothing. His leadership is a disgrace!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join