It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

army future warrior in 2025

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The army plans to upgrade its infantry with the 'future warfighter'
www.natick.army.mil...

Here are some images from the U.S. Army Soldier Systems Center (Natick, Massachusetts)

the suit is capable of "sense the warrior�s surroundings and change color to blend in with the environment, or detect and repel chemical agents. The uniform will also act as a �data bus,� passing data and information from, for example, a wrist-mounted weapon to the helmet-mounted display. " Read the entire article
www.natick.army.mil...

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The one thing that bothers me regarding this kind of use of technology for warfare is that we are starting to rely more on the technology, and in the process are loosing true warrior skills.... I would still feel a lot better if we saved the money from such advancements and put the Marines in charge of training the entire army... would a lot rather have TRUE soldiers than Buck Rogers Wannabes.

First step to greatly improving the military effectiveness, start training the soldiers with some TRUE marksmanship skills (rifles are NOT area weapons!) Second step is to get rid of the M-16 and go back to the M-14

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
with new technology comes new battlefield tactics. What is the "true warrior skill". This warrior skill changes with technology

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I like the idea that Marines in charge of training that would have huge benefits. The more you improve technology the more things can go wrong with it and on the battlefield you don't need to start stripping your weapon down when the enemy is coming towards you.
Keep the equipment the same just improve the training of each soldier

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
These kinds of armors full of microchips sensors are still depassed by MW / EMP UHF chips burners.
No, if USA still exist in 2025, I think that the future soldiers will most be a DNA-MODIFIED bioroid (A man create by genetic technology) with an IQ upper than 180...
This alternative make me scares !

Anyway, with modern WMD power, I think that even for a soldier, an armor has no utility
!

[Edited on 5-3-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Anyway, with modern WMD power, I think that even for a soldier, an armor has no utility
!

Good idea Nans. We'll not use any soldier anymore.We'll use only WMD.

IRA terrorist attack GB ? We nuke Ireland.
Corse terrorist attack France ? We nuke Corse.
Lybian terrorist want to attack someone ? We nuke Libya.

Are you sure that you're linked with the french army and you have a general in your familly tree ?

Nans, WMD CANNOT be used ! So, we need conventional weapons.

You know, life is different from what you see in your TV-set. May be that Dark Angel & Jarod are funny tv-movies, but they are ONLY tv-movies.

Try to be serious sometimes.

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

new topics

top topics

join