It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Evidence Says Taliban Regime Tried to PREVENT 9/11 Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Russia Today, the news organization that is making some serious waves, reported on February 15, 2010 that new evidence says that the Taliban Regime actually tried to prevent the 9/11 attacks on the US.

I am not prepared to really comment yet, as this needs to be considered from long, deep angles, including Bin Laden having been a CIA asset. Just wanted to share the story for now.

Video description:

Evidence now available from various sources, including recently declassified US State Department documents, shows that the Taliban regime led by Mullah Mohammad Omar imposed strict isolation on Osama bin Laden after 1998 to prevent him from carrying out any plots against the United States. It also bolsters the credibility of Taliban statements in recent months asserting that it has no interest in Al Qaeda's global jihadist aims.

ETA: I took off the word Breaking, as this was from back in February, so it's over a month old. I don't recall seeing this story before. This been posted at ATS anywhere? Further edits to reflect date of story.

[edit on Fri Mar 26th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
S & F for this one. I need to dwelve into this topic more for sure but it poses an interesting question:

Why would the Taliban (terrorist group) try to prevent 911?

Maybe because they got so much money from the CIA fighting the Russians back in the day? Who knows but the concept of this being any where remotely true is enticing.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I thought it was common knowledge that the Taliban and Al Qaeda had a very rocky relationship. Bin Laden was becoming far too popular and powerful and they were a threat to the Taliban. Initially, Al Qaeda was helping the Taliban fight the "Northern Alliance" but they were becoming more of a problem than what they were worth.

Also, it makes perfect sense that the Taliban would try to prevent 9/11 as they knew exactly what it would mean for Afghanistan. I remember right after the attacks, where Omar was simply asking for evidence before handing over Bin Laden. He wasn't refusing to hand over Bin Laden outright per se, he was simply asking for evidence, as any normal country would demand before extradition and that is countries that actually have extradition treaties with us. Now to understand this, you have to understand Pashtun culture or Pashtunwali, a code among the Pashtun people (a large tribe in Afghanistan).

The Pashtun people or a certain tribe of Afghani people have been known for their hospitality for millennium, since the times of Alexander the Great in the 4th Century BCE. They have always been famous for their awesome hosting skills, to where they will do anything for the well-being and comfort of their guests, including giving up their lives and the lives of their families to protect and/or please their guests. In other words, they will watch their own families die before they allow a hair on your head to be harmed, if you are a guest of theirs. Knowing this, it was very odd to me on how they were so willing to hand over Bin Laden, provided that we hand over solid evidence. Could it be because they knew we couldn't hand over solid evidence?

I think they knew exactly what was coming before 9/11 and they probably knew that it wasn't Al Qaeda. After all, they knew something was coming because they didn't agree to the UNOCAL pipeline deal, after being invited to Texas in 1997 by then TX Governor George W. Bush. Rumor has it that when the Taliban was in Texas back in 1997 to discuss the pipeline deal, they were promised a "carpet of gold or a carpet of bombs". Of course this is just conjecture.

new topics

join