It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inorganic oil formation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
worldnetdaily.com...

It is common belief that oil comes from fermented plants and animal remains....but this website is saying that scientists have discovered, over 100 years ago, that oil comes from a process 20,000 ft. below ground where methane-based gases condense into crude oil.

Some more interesting facts are that helium can be used as a detector for natural gas and oil fields...

Oil reserves are replenishing themselves from way below the earth...

So, I guess, we will never run out of oil...until the earth dies that is...but maybe pumping all this oil from the earth will kill it much faster in addition to the greenhouse effect...

I've also read theories about eras of life that have existed but were covered up by land, water, and ice...could that account for all this oil being produced...I've heard about roads discovered under anarctic ice.

This will probably hold things up with the whole develop free-energy movement...if we can keep pumping oil, the gov, and most definitely energy companies will not see a need for cold fusion.

Anyway...get out your helium detector and check for oil!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This sets off my BS detector. There's only a finite amount of carbon on the planet. After it is all burned to CO2 you have to wait a long time for plants to take it out of the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
On a short-term basis, this will stunt any new energy technology...not to say it won't happen. But keeping up with burning all this oil will eventually cause some major catastrophes...sooner or later

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
A website disproving this idea:
articles.findarticles.com...
Apparently, its not possible for the hydrocarbons to form....so maybe there are entire civilizations buried under us...I've heard theories about the world before it tilted...that there was a some sort of terra coat in our atmosphere and that when the earth tilted it covered everything on earth...

either way...oil is still running out

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
15,000 barrels a day? That will keep maybe half a major city running.

Also I think the empy oil fields of the south west would love to have a word with this well.

Most likely it was just underground activity opening a new pocket of oil.

No matter how its created, getting to it fast and cheap is the only thing that matter.

There are also huge amounts of gold and diamond deep in the earth, yet they are still valuable and rare to humans.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

This sets off my BS detector. There's only a finite amount of carbon on the planet. After it is all burned to CO2 you have to wait a long time for plants to take it out of the atmosphere.

Technically speaking yes, but I'm sure there are ways under the right conditions a nuclear reaction could take place creating C atoms out of others. But I'm no nuclear physicist.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'd like to take this discussion in a different direction...more specifically if oil can only come from organic formation, where might these organic compounds deep, deep under the earth come from???

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Why wont this topic die. Oil comes from the Earth, not rotting animal/ vegatable matter. It is the conversion of mantle material under high pressure and heat that creates oil. As we consume oil, it creates pockets of space where the escaping methyane gases and others condense and then are converted by pressure and heat into an oily sludge

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
did u actually read this:
articles.findarticles.com... 08
what makes you so sure...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i didnt see any proof in that article, likewise with the first. but it is an interesting idea, nonetheless.

join