It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Ashcroft, Tenet, Rumsfeld warned 9/11 Commission about ‘line’ it ’should not cross!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Revealed: Ashcroft, Tenet, Rumsfeld warned 9/11 Commission about ‘line’ it ’should not cross’

Senior Bush administration officials sternly cautioned the 9/11 Commission against probing too deeply into the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, according to a document recently obtained by the ACLU.

The notification came in a letter dated January 6, 2004, addressed by Attorney General John Ashcroft, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and CIA Director George J. Tenet. The ACLU described it as a fax sent by David Addington, then-counsel to former vice president Dick Cheney.
In the message, the officials denied the bipartisan commission's request to question terrorist detainees, informing its two senior-most members that doing so would "cross" a "line" and obstruct the administration's ability to protect the nation.

"In response to the Commission's expansive requests for access to secrets, the executive branch has provided such access in full cooperation," the letter read. "There is, however, a line that the Commission should not cross -- the line separating the Commission's proper inquiry into the September 11, 2001 attacks from interference with the Government's ability to safeguard the national security, including protection of Americans from future terrorist attacks."

The 9/11 Commission, officially called the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, was formed by President Bush in November of 2002 "to prepare a full and complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks" and to offer recommendations for preventing future attacks.
Story continues below...

rawstory.com...

In my opinion this is more proof that the Bush administration threaten the 911 commissioners and more proof of the Bush administration working with the CIA and the FBI in their silence of stonewalling.

This is not about the about the torture program.

For G-d sakes, the 911 commissioners were put together to investigated to what happened on 911 and we clearly see the Bush administration did not cooperate with the 911 commissioners. I believe the cover-up still continues.

9/11 Commission members Thomas Kean and Lee H. Hamilton wrote that although US President George W. Bush had ordered all executive branch agencies to cooperate with the probe, "recent revelations that the CIA destroyed videotaped interrogations of Qaeda operatives leads us to conclude that the agency failed to respond to our lawful requests for information about the 9/11 plot."
"[color=gold]Those who knew about those videotapes — and did not tell us about them — obstructed our investigation."

They continued: “There could have been absolutely no doubt in the mind of anyone at the CIA — or the White House — of the commission’s interest in any and all information related to Qaeda detainees involved in the 9/11 plot.

"Yet no one in the administration ever told the commission of the existence of videotapes of detainee interrogations," Kean and Hamilton wrote.

The reason they didn’t tell the 911 commissioners, because they were hiding criminal evidences from the commissioners.

We clearly see Dick Cheney was still pulling the strings into controlling what information was going to be told to the 911 commissioners, just by the fax that came from David Addington, then-counsel to former vice president Dick Cheney, what does that tell us.

Simply this: The worst crime on America soil that has NEVER been investigated and the government wonders why there are so many conspiracy theories into 911. They have told us nothing and in my opinion, they still continue to cover-up their false flag operation.

If this doesn't convince you that our government was in on it from the start, nothing will. How many smoking guns do people need? How many more arrows pointing at the real culprits do they need?

Imagine you're a cop. You wake up one morning and all the people in your house (except you) are dead. Other cops come to your house to investigate and you tell them, "You can only investigate what I tell you, otherwise I won't be able to prevent this from this happening to other people."

Kinda suspicious, dont you think?

[edit on 17-3-2010 by impressme]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Although I find the content of this letter not surprising, I am really surprised that ACLU was able to acquire this letter. The news is already spreading through the blogs. The MSM will probably stay silent. But, like the MSM were unable to suppress knowledge about the Downing Street Memos, they will also be unable to stop the spreading of this information.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Good idea posting this in the 9/11 forum,impressme!
As I said earlier the Bush Administration knew damn well what kind of people they had heading up the Commission these guys were picked by both parties because they knew that they would do exactly what they wanted them to do.

[edit on 023131p://5226 by mike dangerously]

new topics

join