It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media's Simple Use of Punctuation Speaks Volumes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Greetings, everyone

For those of you who have seen this article on msn.com, did the title strike you in any way? To those of you who haven't come across it, it reads as follows:

Pentagon Gunman Sought 'Truth' about 9/11

Would they also write it the same way if the article were discussing God, the pyramids, the Mayan calendar, or especially political situations? Imagine seeing it used in this (fictitious) headline:

Obama Stated 'Truth' Regarding Unemployment During State of the Union Address

Just a thought & further proof of media minipulation.

Your thoughts?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The MSM thinks the Truth Movement is basically risible. That's the conclusion I'd draw. Also the "Truth Movement" has co-opted the word truth and used it in a mendacious manner.

This is not an unusual view.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There only putting emphasis on the word to enforce the meaning.

Maybe it could have been written as
...'Truth?' E.t.c.

But it dosnt matter. There computer's Grammar softwear didn't underline it, so it must be fine...

Edit the word grammer... Ah! Done it again.. Nobody's perfect.

[edit on 5/3/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I just listened to one of the guy's podcasts (on another thread) and his focus wasn't on 9/11. It was on all the efforts of the global elite to use our government and our media to enslave us. He wasn't a "Truther". He was a guy who lumped the 9/11 attacks in with a whole bunch of things that he felt proved his point that the media lies and the government works to destroy its citizens on behalf of the global elite. Pretty much what everyone on this board believes to one extent or another.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I did notice the use of the term "semiautomatic" in another story. The term is technically correct but it is generaly used to conjure up ideas about about assult rifles. These were hand guns.

They will run the term semiauto into the ground, as they have been, as a bad thing.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I like your observations. You're smarter than most. I'm sort of also referring to the fact that many people don't read the article & simply scan the headlines, then infer whatever they please.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Dually noted.
Thanks for your insight

new topics

top topics

join