It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Super-technology May Have Been Used...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

9/11 Super-technology May Have Been Used...

We have all seen the extensive discussion about nano-thermite and thermite, etc. being used to bring the towers down. While those ideas do have merit, perhaps there was an even easier and more effective method that was used...

Liquid Metal-Embrittlement!

We must remember that we are dealing with a government that has a very advanced military... so we are not really limited to considering just commonly available technologies when trying to explain how the buildings came down.

One thing I have not seen seriously discussed anywhere on the web is something called Liquid Metal-Embrittlement or LME as it's known by those who deal in metallurgy and hi-tech weaponry.

LME agents work by changing the molecular structure of metals when applied to base metals or alloys. LME are transparent and leave little or no perceptible residue. Applications include spraying, marking with felt-type pens, splashing, or painting.

When LME are used on critical metal structures, such as aircraft, ship or truck components, elevators, metal treads, or bridge supports, they can cause severe weakness and considerable damage. LME can be fast or slow acting.

LME's other advantage include the fact that such agents can be formulated to attack almost any metallic substance. Additionally, the application requires little, if any, user training.

Sou rce

Here is a paper by the Army Research Laboratory talking about their particular research in using LME for making projectiles fracture more readily:

Army Research Laboratory Paper on LME

This phenomenon has been known for quite some time, and given its ability to severely weaken steel within seconds, there are now some very interesting scenarios one can imagine as to how those buildings were actually taken down, since there is no need for any ignition for this to work.

For example, there are reputable records of the elevator renovation being done right up to 9/11 by Turner Construction.

Reported WTC Elevator Renovation

This work was specifically on the columns throughout the cores of both towers, and provided unfettered access to the internal load-bearing structures of the buildings. Now, imagine that it would only require a single employee of Turner, working for some clandestine group, to bring small devices to work every day, devices that contain an LME agent and a radio-controlled method of dispersing the agent from its container.

If these containers were planted at strategic spots, hidden behind cross-beams or behind insulation, it would provide an ideal way to bring the buildings down, quickly and quietly. With the simple press of a button from the Command and Control located in WT7, the containers would release their contents on the steel beams, and within seconds the beams would fracture and come apart at a molecular level.

Another possibility of course is that the planes were full of an LME agent that then splashed over the interior and down the core shafts. The only down side to this is that it would be very hard to ensure that the substance hit all the right spots.

In find it much more believable that a HIGHLY convenient elevator enhancement, giving complete access to the very heart of both towers, for many weeks or months before 9/11, provided a very believable opportunity for those wishing to plant some method for taking the buildings down.

For Dereks and any other "trusters" who I'm sure will jump all over this, let me say that I am putting this idea forth for discussion, since I do believe it is a novel idea that has not been suggested before, and it's an idea that has merit for consideration. The discussion is not whether this method WAS used, but whether it COULD HAVE been used.

Cheers!

[edit on 17-2-2010 by downisreallyup]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Please consider this new idea of how the buildings were taken down. I hit upon it as I was looking for possible ways to cause metal to severely weaken and found several. Hydrogen can also cause steel to weaken, but it is very hard to contain and use, so I quickly disregarded that. Then, I hit upon this concept of LME and suddenly I knew there MIGHT be something to this.

While explosives may have also been used, I think this LME concept has tremendously favorable attributes that make it a real candidate for consideration. One of the advantages to LME, and one of the things that will make it nearly impossible to prove it either WAS or WAS NOT used is the fact that little or no perceptible residue is left behind. Another strong factor is that it would be silent and would not require any ignition as thermite does... in fact thermite only ignites at 2000 F., which makes it much harder to use in a clandestine fashion.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Interesting concept and could be plausible . This concept could have been used in conjunction with other methods .

The beams bent in a U I feel needed a high degree of heat to create them with out the typical stress tears and buckles that steel will experience being bent at a low temperature. It is possible this method was used in conjunction with other methods which produced the high heat . Will this method allow for bending of beams like that with out heat ? If so this alone could be the ticket .

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

Originally posted by downisreallyup
We have all seen the extensive discussion about nano-thermite and thermite, etc. being used to bring the towers down. While those ideas do have merit, perhaps there was an even easier and more effective method that was used...

Nice idea, but I think the super thermite theory still would have been easier. As it can be applied as a paint, the workers upgrading lifts, or replacing asbestos fire protection on beams, could have been applying it without even knowing what it was.

Also the samples of dust were positive for thermite, and thermite is commonly used in building demolition. I'd say most evidence still points to thermite.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Interesting idea, but how would that explain the molten steel at the bottom of the rubble pile that lasted for a couple weeks after the attacks? Does LME cause the steell to get hot?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by countercounterculture
reply to post by downisreallyup

Originally posted by downisreallyup

Nice idea, but I think the super thermite theory still would have been easier. As it can be applied as a paint, the workers upgrading lifts, or replacing asbestos fire protection on beams, could have been applying it without even knowing what it was.

Also the samples of dust were positive for thermite, and thermite is commonly used in building demolition. I'd say most evidence still points to thermite.

Well yes, I've considered all that... but the one thing that keeps nagging at me is the way the metal of the building just disintegrated. There should have been much more steel, and what is particularly of note is there were no file cabinets, metal desks, or anything like that. I'm really hunting for a good explanation of how the metal would be turned brittle. Yes, thermite was likely used to cut certain key spots. Super-thermite is very explosive, so it would have been used to blow things apart, or perhaps it could be tamed some with the right formula. Neither of these however is capable of turning steel to dust... and that is where some kind of embrittlement technology comes in. Perhaps it was something else, but that is the purpose of investigation... to consider what is POSSIBLE, what is PROBABLE given the FULL set of facts, and then to construct one or more workable theories and scenarios.

If in a crime investigation you can establish motive, opportunity and means, you will likely gain a conviction in court. We know what the motive was, we see the opportunity with the elevator renovation, and we now see several means to accomplish the task... conviction anyone? Now all we need is the group of knowledgeable perpetrators!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Interesting idea, but how would that explain the molten steel at the bottom of the rubble pile that lasted for a couple weeks after the attacks? Does LME cause the steell to get hot?

I did say in the OP that thermite was likely used also, but as I said in the post directly before this one, I really suspect that something else besides thermite was used to disintegrate the massive amount of steel in those buildings, or more correctly, to make it brittle so that it would disintegrate.

If you look at the video of the spires disintegrating, it is crystal clear that the massive steel beams just vanished into a cloud of dust right before our eyes. Once the correct LME comes into contact with steel it gets absorbed into the solid metal and severely weakens it, turning it brittle. This would the massive clouds we saw, which were not merely concrete, but were largely composed of metal.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Yes, I do think that thermate/thermite were used for certain things, but not for causing the steel to disintegrate. Something was at work causing the steel to become brittle and able to be turned to dust.

new topics

top topics

join