It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA lost something which was 7.6 billion miles away from the Earth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
On Wednesy or Tuesday they lost Apollo something. It owuld regulary send data back to NASA HQ for research. They lost contact with it while it was passing the red star. I personally think it was stolen and now data will be sent or messages to NASA by other lifeforms.

arc

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
maybe it got hit by a piece of space debris? Or there was an electronics failure?

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
powercut

no battery lasts forever

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
and its not something it was the pioneer probe

arc

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
plus if an alien race had technology advanced enough to steal the pioneer probe out of space, wouldn't they already have the technology to send us messages?

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hi, is there a link to this story somewhere ?

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Arc, it's possible that they might want to see the technology within the probe so that they could determine what types of transmission we use & which frequencies use it. That way they could more easily rig up something that would send us messages...Or perhaps figure out which frequencies to *avoid* using in their own technology in order to stay hidden from us better.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What are you talking about?

The Pioneer probe's ultimate failure? Is that what this is about?

arc

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 03:48 AM
link   
MD that is indeed a valid possibility
, however at a distance of 7.6 million miles and no evidence, all we can do is speculate

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
^ it's Billion not Million.

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 04:30 AM
link   
No link... I read it in a news paper(Daily Mirror)

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Here's a link.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It's absolutely amazing that this thing lasted for as long as it did.

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
*salutes*

Farewell Pioneer! It went further than anything ever made by man, into the final frontier, never to come back.

It opened new frontiers to mankind and will not be forgotten.

So Long.

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
some weird posts here.

The signal is, just too weak to reach the Earth. and the pioneer wasn't made to operate this long. The thing is over thirty years old.

That's it...

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795 The signal is, just too weak to reach the Earth. and the pioneer wasn't made to operate this long. The thing is over thirty years old.

This is what I'd be most likely to believe too...I was only pointing out possibilities that no one else had mentioned.

And, after all is said & done, they never based it's design on the Energizer Bunny...

[Edited on 5-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
in 4 million something years it will be at another star i know that! so that's kinda cool. but as for wy everyone is gettin all speculative about it i don't see why. it's older than i am, farther away than heavan, and the energizer bunny is dead, so can we not start thinkin up alien probe-napping for now. even so they'd get ready for a war based against technology over 30 years old. nohing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What gets me is they put a gold record on its side to be played by any aliens that might come across it. I just hope they included a record player cause if i came across a vinyl disc right now I wouldn't have the ability to play it, and i live here where it was made. They should have sent a CD

Wupy

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Whats the point in bumping a 2 year old post?

[edit on 2-10-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
That article is 2 years old. Feb of 03

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Are you telling me that people acutally believed the OP when he said there is a red star 7.6 billion miles from earth? LOL!
Hopefully the 'red star' isn't an actuall red star and just distance marker or kupiter object.

top topics

join