It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Americans believe 911 was an inside job??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Can somebody please help me out here? I'm doing a story, and I need to know where I can find a good, honest poll showing how many Americans think that 9-11 was an Inside job, or at least think the government knew about. Can somebody help me out here, I'm scratching my head...and I really need this info...Please help me out. Thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You aren't going to find a reliable poll on something like that. Some people will go to polls like that if they believe one way or the other, some will stay away. I don't think there are any reliable polls on something as touchy as 9/11.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anarchist69

Crud!
There was a 9-11 poll here on ATS, and I had it in my flagged topics for awhile...Dummy me deleted it's link from myats.
I can give you a rough estimate as to the result of said poll...
Brace yourself; due to whatever reason, mainly, it was people who wanted to chime-in in their support that the OS was a complete and utter fabrication. If you need numbers...My guess is that of the 325+/- posts, maybe a devoted (less than 50+/-) chimed-in claiming the original story was not a fabrication, but what really occured on 9-11. If you hope to conduct another poll w/ this thread, you can put me down as aware that the truth is/was with-held from populace.

Don't rely on my arithmetic, I came-up with 16.25% as believing in the OS. That seems too many sheeple amongst us.

OK, here's the link; If I do it correctly? Here goes... www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on (2/7/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
yeah but not everyone that doesn't belive the OS believes in crop circles so don't lump us together.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You need to expand your question to ask how many people did actual research before deciding if they believed the story or not.

Then you have to find out what their sources were and who vetted them.

Then you can get some accurate numbers. Till then you get numbers that are useless, unless you support the inside job theory.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by Anarchist69

After a fashion I do. I just don't think "they" actually physically did it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't think the Government did it. But I don't believe the OS.

Second..

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I had a feeling this was going to happen. Nothing. Zilch. Zero.

Thanks for nothing. Turned a simple question upside down and complicated the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
You need to expand your question to ask how many people did actual research before deciding if they believed the story or not.

Then you have to find out what their sources were and who vetted them.

Then you can get some accurate numbers. Till then you get numbers that are useless, unless you support the inside job theory.

Excellent advice!
I've done countless hours of research to determine where I stand on the issue. My main source of research happens to be ATS thank you very much. This is the most diversified group of human beings I've ever internetently mingled with to share links with. I've seen both sides of the coin, and one side does not reveal it's true colors. Wait, let me reiterate. I've seen the true colors on both sides of the coin, one side is uglier than the other. And no matter how I preceive whichever side; both are grim. I do see the big picture however. Laying in wait...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anarchist69

Thanks for nothing. Turned a simple question upside down and complicated the whole thing.

Here comes the whambulance.

Sorry we can't help you out here. It all depends on what you believe. Each side of the issue can bombard you with numbers and polls, but they only support their side of the issue.

Course, only one side can back it up with verifiable proof. The other just discredits it because it doesn't support their theory that it was an inside job.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I hear you mate, you didn't want to turn this into a free for all debate, you just wanted some/any reliable figures.

If my mind serves me correctly, when Charlie Sheen posed some awkward questions, the News channel that aired it had a poll on it, whether the figures were skewed by us truthers responding to the poll more than OS supporters I'm not sure, let me see if I can find the vid....

Got to 2:58

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20ee4d0face4.png[/atsimg]

Like I said, I have no idea the numbers of participants, who it was open to and the reliability of the results, but it's the closet thing to what you want that I've come across.

All the best, KF

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If a poll were conducted on ATS as someone posted, that would give you a result of those who responded to the poll, but would not be a representative view of a sampling of Americans. Why? Well ATS is a conspiracy site so people that believe in conspiracies are attracted here in greater numbers than the general population, so I would always expect conspiracy polls on ATS to have higher percentages of believers compared to the general population.

To get an unbiased result, the pollster has to select the people, not people going to the poll (such as an ATS poll).

This poll should be unbiased though it's dated 2006, but I don't know why the percentage would change a lot since 2006 since all the latest info I've seen is the same old stuff rehashed.

Third of Americans suspect 9-11 government conspiracy

Thirty-six percent of respondents overall said it is "very likely" or "somewhat likely" that federal officials either participated in the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon or took no action to stop them "because they wanted the United States to go to war in the Middle East."

"One out of three sounds high, but that may very well be right," said Lee Hamilton, former vice chairman of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also called the 9/11 commission.) His congressionally appointed investigation concluded that federal officials bungled their attempts to prevent, but did not participate in, the attacks by al Qaeda five years ago.

"A lot of people I've encountered believe the U.S. government was involved," Hamilton said. "Many say the government planned the whole thing. Of course, we don't think the evidence leads that way at all."

The poll also found that 16 percent of Americans speculate that secretly planted explosives, not burning passenger jets, were the real reason the massive twin towers of the World Trade Center collapsed.

Conspiracy groups for at least two years have also questioned why the World Trade Center collapsed when fires that heavily damaged similar skyscrapers around the world did not cause such destruction. Sixteen percent said it's "very likely" or "somewhat likely" that "the collapse of the twin towers in New York was aided by explosives secretly planted in the two buildings."

Twelve percent suspect the Pentagon was struck by a military cruise missile in 2001 rather than by an airliner captured by terrorists.

If you read past the title, it's not EXACTLY one third.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
If my mind serves me correctly, when Charlie Sheen posed some awkward questions, the News channel that aired it had a poll on it, whether the figures were skewed by us truthers responding to the poll more than OS supporters I'm not sure,

Yes that's an example of a biased poll and it's interesting to see the effect of bias, in this case bias may be part of the reason the numbers increase from roughly one third to roughly two thirds believing in an inside job. My guess is that a lot of the people that didn't think it was an inside job didn't bother responding to the poll, I don't think they are as passionate about the subject as people that do think it's an inside job who would be more likely to call in, at least that's my guess for one cause of the bias.

But also note the question is different. The question doesn't ask if it was an inside job, it asks about a coverup. This could include activities like covering up the incompetence of people that failed to PREVENT 911, even if it wasn't an inside job, so that's another reason the numbers would be bigger, it's a broader question than the inside job question.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

I hear you mate, you didn't want to turn this into a free for all debate, you just wanted some/any reliable figures.

If my mind serves me correctly, when Charlie Sheen posed some awkward questions, the News channel that aired it had a poll on it, whether the figures were skewed by us truthers responding to the poll more than OS supporters I'm not sure, let me see if I can find the vid....

Got to 2:58

Like I said, I have no idea the numbers of participants, who it was open to and the reliability of the results, but it's the closet thing to what you want that I've come across.

All the best, KF

Thank you. All I was doing was asking ONE simple thing and this is what I get. Then I get insulted by people who are probably on here all day talking about the most remote and distant things. Like this right here. "Well, technically...blah blah blah." And it has nothing to do with anything I asked.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
There were multiple Zogby polls done about 9/11.

Zogby Poll: Over 70 Million American Adults Support New 9/11
Investigation

Download this press release as an Adobe PDF document.

Click here.

The poll is the first scientific survey of Americans' belief in a
9/11 cover up or the need to investigate possible US government
complicity, and was commissioned to inform deliberations at the June
2~4 "9/11: Revealing the Truth, Reclaiming Our Future" conference in
Chicago. Poll results indicate 42% believe there has indeed been a
cover up
(with 10% unsure) and 45% think "Congress or an
International Tribunal should re-investigate the attacks, including
whether any US government officials consciously allowed or helped
facilitate their success
" (with 8% unsure).

www.vtcommons.org...

That's from 2006. It may be the same one posted above, I didn't check. They also did a survey of NYC separately and got similar numbers.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
No question in my mind.
911 was a Perl Harbor, and once again our enemy is not our enemy.
Moreover with 911, our friend is our enemy... the majority just don't see it.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the Poll....that's what I was looking for...'ppreciate it

top topics

join