It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Buckshaw beast with pics Must see! HOAX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is a real creature. They just don't know what it is.

The mystery 'Buckshaw Beast' that is savaging animals and terrorising villagers

Some say it resembles a prowling hyena, others a ferocious wolf. While there are those who have seen the mysterious creature menacing Buckshaw Village and describe it as a terrifying cross between a wild boar and some kind of big cat. Whatever it is, it has been blamed for mauling several deer to death, and one resident's Alsatian dogs were left quivering with fear after a particularly close encounter. Now one intrepid villager has taken a photograph of what locals have dubbed the Buckshaw Beast, sparking a feverish online debate about what exactly it might be. l

The initial consensus was that it is a wild boar forced out of the countryside by the cold weather as it strives to find food, but experts have said one would be unlikely to kill deer.

'I've seen it too,' he wrote. 'It's not a dog. I have two Alsatians, both ex-police dogs. I saw it going through my bins. 'I couldn't understand why they weren't barking, so I went down to investigate and they were shaking and cowering in their kennel.

link

Awesome!
Any Ideas?
Could someone please embed pics?Thanks

[edit on 21-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What a odd looking beast what ever it is. Something tells me that what ever it is, it's a immature animal. I have nothing to back it with but my own gut feeling. Still I have a odd feeling about why former police dogs would act that way. That reaction tells me its a predator. But I'm just a tin-foil hat wearing ats'r so that don't mean much.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It sort of looks like a wild boar. At least that's the first thing that came to mind when viewing the pic.
Feral boars will eat almost anything.

Unlike some other hoofed animals, the feral pig has a simple stomach and does not chew cud. Feral pigs are opportunistic omnivores that eat whatever plants or animals happen their way. They especially relish acorns as well as hickory and beech nuts in the autumn. At other times of the year they eat forbs, grasses, leaves, berries and other fruits, roots and tubers, corn and other agricultural crops, insects, crayfish, frogs, salamanders, snakes, mice, eggs of ground-nesting birds, young rabbits, fawns and young livestock, such as lambs, calves, kids. They can also kill larger livestock that are weak from illness or injury. When fresh meat is not available, feral pigs will also readily scavenge carrion.

Source

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Tartarspoon]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think it looks a little bit like a Tasmanian Devil.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I agree it looks like a boar but one eye witness said it moved like a feline.There is no mistaking between the two.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think it might be Manbearpig.

Ok now to be serious my vote it its a bore of some kind.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
its chupacabra id know that thing anywhere

great photos, people in the area should set traps and go hunting with non lethal sedatives

capture the chupa

ats should fund a hunting party

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

This picture in the original link was in an article from Fortean Times UK July 2007

The owner of a Newfoundland dog called Troy has contacted the press as she is sure that the 'Beast of Dartmoor' pictures actually show Troy going for a stroll. The family live very close to the spot where the photos (see right hand coloumn) were taken, and the dog often walks around there of its own accord.

extract from Fortean Times UK
This enig­matic beast was seen by Martin Whit­ley, a pro­fess­ional fal­coner, Devon born and bred. On 9 June, he con­tacted the nat­ional re­search net­work Big Cats In Brit­ain to relate the foll­ow­ing experi­ence: "I was flying a hawk on Dart­moor with some Amer­ican clients, when one of them pointed out this creat­ure. It was walk­ing along a path about 200 yards [180m] away from us. It was black and grey and com­par­able in size to a minia­ture pony. It had very thick should­ers, a long, thick tail with a blunt end, and small round ears. Its move­ment app­eared feline; then ‘bear-like’ sprang to mind. There was a party climb­ing on the tor opp­os­ite, making a racket, but this it ignored com­pletely." Martin’s Amer­ican clients took a series of photos. They show the Dart­moor land­scape, the school party on the tor, and in the middle dist­ance an animal which seems to change shape in each frame, from cat, to bear, to pony, to boar, to vari­ous breeds of dog. Indeed, mem­bers of the BCIB group in­voked nearly the whole of Crufts in att­empt­ing to give the creat­ure a ‘rat­ional’ explan­at­ion, while the prox­imity of Hound Tor sugg­ested to some a poss­ible kin­ship to Devon’s spect­ral Wisht Hounds. Martin, how­ever, is adam­ant that the animal was not a dog: "I have worked with dogs all my life and it was def­in­itely not canine. I have also seen a collie-sized black cat in the area, about 10 years ago, and it was not that – this was a lot bigger." While he does not claim to know what the creat­ure was, his impress­ion through­out was that it was more feline than any­thing else, a ver­dict con­firmed by the experi­ences of his neigh­bours. "I am about as local as it gets and liaise very closely with all the land­owners in the area and have dis­cussed my sight­ing with sev­eral of them. You would be sur­prised at the number of people who have seen black big cats (and some­thing resembl­ing a small bear) in the area, over the course of the years. Of course, being Dart­moor farm­ers they would only ment­ion it when some­one else says they have seen one…" (BCIB) In crypto­zoo­log­ical circles, the ‘grail quest’ is for good photos or film of myst­ery ani­mals: only these, it is gen­er­ally thought, will pro­vide reli­able ‘proof’. How grat­ify­ingly para­dox­ical it is, then, that when such photos do turn up, far from clar­ify­ing the myst­ery they app­ar­ently com­pound it more deeply, frame by frame.

The owners of the Newfoundland claims the picture was of their dog.

Here

I think this explains it.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by kennyb72]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Nice catch!And from the same news site.I'll have to remember that before posting anything from them again.Thanks.By the way I came to that article from Fortean times also so they ran it twice too.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

I think you've got it!

Now why on earth would the Mail Online run an article with pics of that dog and an explaination that the "beast" pics are of it in 07 - and then run the beast article with the same pics in '10?!

Must have been a slow news day - all they had to do was check their own archives for the answer!

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Frogs]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Some newspapers will do just about anything to get a sensationalist story. Just plain dishonest, but what can you expect from the MSM.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This photograph and six or seven more were featured in Fortean Times a couple of months ago. You might want to compare it to the Michigan dogman. You also might want to look closer at the surroundings too. You might want to use a metaphysical eye to see the dozens of other beings that are also present. Young bigfoot or ape in upper right quadrant.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebulldog
I think it might be Manbearpig.

Ok now to be serious my vote it its a bore of some kind.

Cheers

nahhh...
i like manbearpig better.

join