It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 sensors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Interesting little article.
www.securityfocus.com...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
One would think any sort of activity, which causes "interference" would be grounds for intrusion by the government. But hey, I'm with the guy, dig it up, check it (without breaking it) and replace it.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Did you see this on Slashdot too?

From the article:

Last year while roaming the desert outside the Groom Lake base Clark stumbled upon one of them: an electronic device packed in a rugged case and buried in the dirt. Marked "U.S. Government Property," the device turned out to be a wireless transmitter, connected by an underground cable to a sensor buried nearby next to one of the unpaved roads that vein the public land surrounding the base. Together, the units act as a surveillance system, warning someone -- somewhere -- whenever a vehicle drives down that stretch of road.

I really hate the domestic military part of our government (the Pentagon, etc.). I know it's required to some extent, but I wish they would tone down the secrecy and start treating citizens like humans.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by 23rd_Degree]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
for people who understand dutch found dutch link

www.telegraaf.nl...

I tried to find some info on the site where it was linked to but couldn't find any info.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
the scary part of that article (and I think I've heard of this story before) is that many of these sensors were miles from the base... in public land.

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
For a secret base, area 51 gets alot of publicity. The government even prosicuted the writer for the movie "independence day" which showed area 51 in it.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Publicity created by the PUBLIC.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The sensors in question are geophones. Essentially a microphone, optimized for low frequencies.

Geophones are placed in arrays,either radial like spokes of a wheel or a rectangular grid. If you monitor the grid,you can detect a pattern of movement.

That's why they are out in public land,so the monitors can detect patterns before they become a problem.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
for people who understand dutch found dutch link

www.telegraaf.nl...

I tried to find some info on the site where it was linked to but couldn't find any info.

if you go to babelfish.altavista.com...

you can copy that url to the "translate web page" & select dutch to english... works very nicely!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If you find one of the more sophisticated sensors, you will find that they are Superconducting Quantum Interference Devices or SQUID's and these are basicaly Faller Gravity Sensing Devices that can detect the mass or Gravity Radiating from youre body!

It works much like a Magnetometer except it is Gravitational!

All they really are is Souped Up Gravimeters!

Dr Faller is the Inventor.

top topics

join